Aetna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.8

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on the end of June 2017 received an email and a call to set an appt for a phone interview. Set appt for 2 days later which went really well. The lady was very sweet and asked some straight forward questions. My face to face interview was 8/2 which consisted of 2 people. The supervisor and training manager. They took turns asking me questions which were scenario based and then ended the interview with a role play test call which i felt like i did really well in! Waiting for a email/call now.

Interview Questions

• If you could write one book tomorrow, what 3 values would you want in it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to work with different departments to complete a task?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you gave creativity in the team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The first was a phone interview that was done fairly quickly and did not require any stress leading up to it. The interviewer was very casual and friendly. After asking me a series of fairly simple questions was given salary info and other things that were expected of me. Overall was quite content with the structure.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude or upset customer?
      What prepares you to work at a place like aetna?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on 05/10, received a call on 06/13 and completed a phone interview that lasted about 20 mins. Very professional and the interviewer was very nice. I was invited to do a face to face interview on 6/14. I interviewed with 2 people and was given a tour of the office. I was there for about 30 to 45 minutes. Both interviewers asked a series of questions and afterwards, I did a mock call. Now I'm waiting for an answer on rather I will be considered or not. I will update once I hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you've dealt with a difficult customer.

What did you do to prepare yourself for this interview?

Tell me about a time where you had to work with other departments to complete a task   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Application was easy! Also contacted by a recruiter for Veterans (August 2017). Recruiter stated I would be personally recommended by her. I advised the recruiter I was interviewed previously (June 2017) and what would be different this time. Not even 24 hours after speaking with recruiter, my status changed to no longer under consideration.

Totally confusing process.

Interview Questions

• 2 personal panel interview.
      Situational questions and a mock call. Please express empathy care and compassion. As that's a deal breaker from what I understand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on May 10. I received an unexpected call from a recruiter on May26th. The recruiter provided information about the position and asked a few basic questions about my background. I was advised that he would submit my information and someone one would be in contact with me if they wanted to more forward. A couple of days later I received an invitation for an interview from another recruiter. The interview was scheduled for the next day and I was advised to look for a confirmation email. I didn't get the email, so I called the recruiter and he said he would send it again. Finally I received the email and I was ready to go. I thought the interview went well. I had a ready answer for the several behavioral questions that were asked. After I completed the question part of the interview, I participated in a mock call. At the end of the interview I was given a tour of the workspace. I felt confident that I would be offered the job since I was given a tour. It's been about four weeks and I haven't heard a peep. I assume I didn't get the job. I feel it is unprofessional to keep candidates guessing on whether they will be hired or not. At the very least the company should send a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever go above and beyond the call of duty for a customer?   2 Answers
    • What do you know about Aetna?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on 5/16 and interviewed in person 5/31. I was told about this job by my case manager at Texas Veterans Commission (TVC) in Houston. According to the posting on the TVC, there were 25 positions available to military veterans only. I was initially contacted by two different recruiters which were both very professional and courteous. I was scheduled for an interview but did not get a confirmation email containing the location of the interview until the evening before my interview. I interviewed with two ladies and was given a tour of the workplace by a gentleman whom I assume was their supervisor. They asked the standard STAR interview questions and had me do a scripted mock customer service call. After my interview and tour I was assured by the gentleman that I would receive a response within the following week. Fast forward to 22 days later, a few unanswered phone calls and ignored emails. I was only told that they've decided to move forward with other candidates because I just so happened to receive a call froma totally different recruiter in regard to another customer service position at the same office in which I initially interviewed. I even checked my job submission status via their website and it still says "being reviewed." I am frustrated and disappointed that 1.) I did not get the job despite having 10 plus years customer service, sales, management and military experience. I have a clean background and was able to pass a drug screen. Was I over-qualified? Was I located too far from the office? I am definitely confused and annoyed at this point; 2.) I was not given the courtesy of a simple phone call or email telling me that I was not selected for the position. I was only told because a recruiter happened to call me about another position. She stated that I did not get selected because the Houston market had over 500 candidates and that me not being selected had nothing to do with my qualifications or interview. It sounded like a generic answer but at least I finally got one. I believe that there were 500 potential candidates but I'm more than sure all 500 were not interviewed. Very unprofessional and just out right rude to handle anyone as such.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of April 2017 got a call about the 2nd week in May for a phone interview. Pass that, then they set me up for a face to face interview a week later. Went to that interview and was offered the job the following day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was asked questions about my previous experience with Customer Service. I was asked how I would difficult calls. I was given a test call to see how I would do. Then, I was given a tour of the floor were I would be working if given the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult call?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Fill out short app, wait a week for them to call, complete a phone interview when they do call, wait another 3-5 days for another call, when they call 2nd time it would be to schedule a in office interview, 2 ppl are interviewing you at one time, they have about four sheets of questions and they are writing your answers down the entire time, wait another 3-5 days for them to call and say to fill out second app if they liked you in the interview, your recruiter will send a link to fill out app that expires in 72 hours if not completed, nothing can be copy or pasted or the app with time out, 2nd app is a pain but I managed to get through it you have to list all addresses you resided @ for 7 yrs all jobs that you held in 7 years, and any traffic violations you held in the last 3 years...then you print out a FCRA form fax it to them upon completion of your application. Then you wait for them to call you back again which takes about 3-5 days to say we've heard some really good things about you and we want to extend you an offer you will receive a email to schedule drug test you have 48 hours to complete the durg test if after the 48 hours you haven't taken it they withdraw their offer of employment you call up the drug test place and they schedule an appt in your area and they call you 72 hours before the start date to give you instructions for your first day and that is pretty much how the interview process works

Interview Questions

• How many system do you use @ one time   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume for a call back
    Next morning for an interview. About 45 minutes long. 15-20 questions.Two supervisors in a conference room setting. Interviewed on a Monday got a call back with a job offer a week later with an email stating my next steps in completing my hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Typical customer service questions, why do you consider yourself qualified for the position, would you have a problem with keeping clients information private etc..   Answer Question