Aetna Interview Questions in Fresno, CA | Glassdoor

Aetna Interview Questions in Fresno, CA

2.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online about a month or two ago, got a phone interview on Monday (8/15), then they scheduled me for a in person interview with a hiring manager for that Thursday(8/18). Was told I'd get an email that same day confirming the interview time and date for Thursday. After waiting.. I received nothing. Called the recruiter back 6 times to find out what was going on.. 3 times on Tues and 3 times on Wednesday. I left voicemails and finally Wednesday evening I get a call back. Recruiter lets me know that the hiring manager wasn't interested in interviewing me after looking at my resume and that the interview had been cancelled. I asked why, he couldn't answer, and told me he thought my resume was great and I had great qualities that even showed during the phone interview. That he was sorry that all teams are different and to apply again when another position became available. It would be nice to know what made that hiring manager not even give me a chance to interview when the recruiter loved my resume, my experience, and my interview answers. Also, I think management and the recruiters should have more communication with each other so the recruiter will know next time what management really wants. Because they obviously had different opinions on who was actually qualified for the position. Poor recruiter sounded so flustered while he was telling me everything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to deal with an upset/angry client, what do you do to resolve it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online 8/8
    Recruited call 8/19 I missed it
    Called back and schedule my phone interview.
    Phone interview 8/23 Went well. Scheduled in person interview.
    In person interview 8/26
    Waiting ....
    Told me it can take up to 2 weeks to hear back from them to see if I got the job or not. It's only been 1 day so I'll come bk with an update!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aet   1 Answer

Medicare Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called Friday and within a week had a face to face interview. There was 2 people who interviewed me. One was a trainer for that department and the other was a supervisor. Both were friendly, asked the usuall situational questions and at the end gave you a mock phone call to do. After couple days, recruiter emailed me another application to fill out along with driving history, credit check.

Health Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First filled out the application online then about a week later I received a phone call from a Chicago number for a phone interview basic customer service interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions, I was then put on hold and when the individual came back on the line she set up a face to face interview about two days later. Had a face to face interview with I believed to hiring managers for two different departments this was basically a lot of behavioral customer service questions they ask why you wanted to work for and why you would be a good fit for Aetna and they gave you your salary information right then and there. I was told that I would be set up for a second interview with the head manager over the phone about a week later. In in fact I was contacted by the hiring manager who then set me up with an over the phone interview with the hiring manager out of New Albany Ohio. This interview pretty much consisted of the same behavioral type questions also asking why you want to work for Aetna why you would be a good fit. I received the employment application the very same day, I filled it out immediately fax over the background authorization form and I basically waited. A few days later I get an email from someone from the HR department asking me to add some more information because I didn't completely fill out the application. After this was completed I was called the next day with a job offer from an HR recruiter, who told me that I need to do a drug test within the next two days and that my start day would be about mid October.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for your company.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would handle a situation with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation face.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online and had 2 employee referrals. It took 2 weeks before I got a phone call back. Had a quick interview over the phone and scheduled my 1 on 1 interview for the following day. I was told the interview would be about an hour. I went in fully prepared and answered all of the questions/scenarios the hiring manager had. My interview was done in less than 30 minutes. I was told I would be contacted Friday afternoon or Monday at the latest. I never got a phone call but on Monday morning I received the follow up application which told me I had been selected. I filled out the application and background check information and submitted it the same day. After waiting 3 days for some type of response (Phone call/email) I emailed the HR person who sent me the application. I got a call about 2 hours later with an offer. I accepted the offer and am now just waiting for my background check to be complete.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to go above and beyond in the workplace.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Apply, phone interview, face to face interview, job offer. Once offered a job you transition to training which can be 4-6weeks. However they say its a year. Can't miss ANY time in a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a really positive experience overall. I applied online and about 3 weeks later I received a 10-15 min over-the-phone interview from a recruiter in Chicago, IL and was scheduled for a face-to-face interview in my area.

The face-to-face interview, in my opinion, felt like it went really well. It was with the head manager of the Medicare CSR department and the trainer assistant. They were both incredibly nice and welcoming which made me feel at ease throughout the entire interview. Basic CSR questions and scenarios. Then they have you role play which was pretty intense however I felt like I tackled that one pretty well (fingers crossed). The interview lasted for about an hour.

Still waiting on a call to see whether or not they'd like to extend me an offer but I feel pretty confident that I did really well.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job? Do you know anyone who works for Aetna? What do you know about Aetna?   Answer Question
    • At your most recent job, how did you do on your last evaluation? What do they score you on? How is your attendance?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a specific time when you've had to handle a difficult guest and how you overcame that.   Answer Question
    • Say you are explaining something to a guest 3-4 times and the guest is still not understanding, how would you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with call centers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two supervisor interview you. They have you do a mock call at the end of the interview. They took turns asking questions. Very situational questions are ask. A time that... One time you.. I like that they have a tour and showed around to relax you and feel more comfortable!

Interview Questions

• Are you fluent in Spanish and English? Can you read and write it?   1 Answer

Claim Benefit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Easy Good. Met with different managers and they asked various questions about work history ect. Felt very comfortable. Questions a lot about attendance ect. Also, about how much you can process and about working overtime.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied online through Indeed. I received a follow up call a week later from a private number. He asked if I could attend a job fair to interview. At the job fair I had my first interview with 2 people. Asked general call center scenarios. I got asked to stay for 2nd interview. Some people were being escorted out after first so I was happy. I got an email that night to fill out official application. Monday I got called with an offer and asked to take a urinalysis drug screen. Process took 2 weeks because they were looking to fill a class.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a top performer?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation with a difficult customer and how did you turn it around.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Took 30k.