Aetna Interview Questions in Hartford, CT | Glassdoor

2.9

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Planning & Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position 5/31/17. Received an email to schedule a phone interview on 6/13/17. Conducted phone interview with recruiter on 6/16/17. She stated I would hear within a week, but did not receive another email until 6/28/17. Scheduled a call originally for 6/30, but then rescheduled for 7/6. At the start of the call, the hiring manager informs me that they are changing the location to NYC only, although the posting was listed as Hartford, CT or NYC. Asked me if I'm interested in working in NYC to which I replied, no. Carried on with short phone call, but didn't really ask me any questions. Also, told me they were looking for someone with a PMP, which again was not listed on the original job description. She also wasn't positive on the position I had even applied for before calling me. Seemed really disorganized and like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to NYC?   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Medical Review Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for this position thru an online site. I went to a job fair hosted in my home state. A woman told me I was definitely qualified for the position and she would put my application on top of the other 200 applicants. I was not picked.

Director and Above Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I reached out to the the VP of group thru Linkedin asking for help in navigating the organization to find the right role for me given my background and experience.
    The VP requested my resume and after two days, one of his reports called me (out of the blue) and said he wanted to schedule a phone interview, but anyway interviewed me in the same call. The call went on for 45 minutes or so. Then he offered to bring me in for a face to face interview. The onsite interview was with four people, 1/2 hour each. Then a 15 minute interview with the VP.
    The VP was quite intelligent and had specific questions in his mind as it related to my experience, my references and my potential compensation.
    The interviews with the other four people included questions that were mostly basic as it related to my experience.

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Kafkaesque experience and a bit strange. Full time position, in the Hartford CT office. (I would have to relocate - as my current location is nearly a 4 hour drive - one-way.) First round phone interview - with the hiring manager and a senior developer, both on the phone. When they mentioned scheduling the in-person interview, I politely said that I would be happy to meet with them in person, and that I would make one trip for consecutive days, so I could also meet with the other firms in the area, who I am talking with.

The manager said loudly: I don't care about your other interviews! It was such a shock to me, that I apologized to her.

Later on, I emailed the HR person, and told them to withdraw me from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Various technical areas. The only difficult part, was dealing with the manager's unexpected emotional outburst.   1 Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews at their offices and then a phone call one week later. I was interviewed by two employees directly across from me and then one on a conference call.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of being competitive and are you?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The first two interviews were on the phone and took about 3 weeks after which I was invited for an onsite interview. The interviewer were laid back and seem unprepared.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the entire life-cycle of a business problem/project where you had to provide solution using analytics.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview when department was restructuring and had not yet figured out the new guidelines so it was very difficult to know how to respond
    the job descriptions were not clear so it was hard to say if you actually qualified or not

Interview Questions

• my latest project experience   1 Answer

General Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interviews (each increasing in depth and difficulty) after applying online. Take time to master your resume and be able to defend why each word is on it. They're not looking for technical answers, but are going to make sure you know what you claim to know. You should know a significant amount about the company before your first interview. Extremely professional recruiters were more than willing to answer questions and provide significant insight into what it's like at the Fortune 50 level.

Interview Questions

• What's listed second on your resume and why is it second?   1 Answer

Senior Business Program Manager - Integratiom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

First interview with HR Consultant and then hiring Manager. Aked a series of questions about current job and how those skills and processess related to the new job. What can I bring to the table? What are my strenghts and weaknesses

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

over phone with recruiter- process took four days. I applied online from a employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter within a couple of days. We set up a time to talk on the phone within the next week.

Interview Questions

• name a time you have been faced with a challenging situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question