Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Director and Above Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I reached out to the the VP of group thru Linkedin asking for help in navigating the organization to find the right role for me given my background and experience.
    The VP requested my resume and after two days, one of his reports called me (out of the blue) and said he wanted to schedule a phone interview, but anyway interviewed me in the same call. The call went on for 45 minutes or so. Then he offered to bring me in for a face to face interview. The onsite interview was with four people, 1/2 hour each. Then a 15 minute interview with the VP.
    The VP was quite intelligent and had specific questions in his mind as it related to my experience, my references and my potential compensation.
    The interviews with the other four people included questions that were mostly basic as it related to my experience.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

The interview process with the hiring manager began with a telephone interview and ended with a face to face interview. I then had a telephone interview with the regional CEO of the health plan. Each part of this process was timely and professional.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work overtime on occasions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in May 2017.

Interview

04/30/17 - Applied
    05/09/17 - Phone screen with recruiter
    05/11/17 - Phone call with previous hiring supervisor (this would have been my in-person interview)
    05/16/17 - Phone call to fill out 2nd application (very lengthy)
    05/24/17 - Phone call with verbal offer
    05/24/17 - Received email with drug screen instructions.
    05/25/17 - Received email with link to offer letter, aetna tax credit questionnaire, consent from GSI (third party background company) to do employment verification.
    05/25/17 - Drug screen (MedExpress)
    05/26/17 - Phone call confirming drug screen passed.
    05/26/17 - 06/16/17 - Employment background check takes 2-3 weeks. GSI emails you directly if they can't verify the criteria listed on the application)
    06/19/17 - Start date

I previously worked for Aetna for 1 yr and came back. If you are gone greater than 30 days then you are considered a new hire and have to go through the above process. You will talk to 4-5 recruiters along the way so be prepared for multiple phone calls and steps.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have working with claims?   Answer Question

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Kafkaesque experience and a bit strange. Full time position, in the Hartford CT office. (I would have to relocate - as my current location is nearly a 4 hour drive - one-way.) First round phone interview - with the hiring manager and a senior developer, both on the phone. When they mentioned scheduling the in-person interview, I politely said that I would be happy to meet with them in person, and that I would make one trip for consecutive days, so I could also meet with the other firms in the area, who I am talking with.

The manager said loudly: I don't care about your other interviews! It was such a shock to me, that I apologized to her.

Later on, I emailed the HR person, and told them to withdraw me from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Various technical areas. The only difficult part, was dealing with the manager's unexpected emotional outburst.   1 Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR then 2nd interview with hiring manager. Applied online and was contacted by email to setup the initial interview. Was a typical initial interview by HR just reviewing qualifications. The hiring manager went into further details.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, name a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it etc.   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews at their offices and then a phone call one week later. I was interviewed by two employees directly across from me and then one on a conference call.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of being competitive and are you?   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I was referred and received a call asking if I could go in for an in-person interview. I said sure. After the in-person interview I was told I'd be called in for a second round interview if chosen. The second round was skipped and I was offered a job less than a week later.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Career fair and then worked with recruiter, telephonic interview, job offer and salary negotiations. Easy, fast, efficient. The application for the position through the company site is a bear.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your greatest professional accomplishments?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very nice interview but same questions asked over and over again in different ways. Recruiters extremely unorganized and seemed bothered when you follow up on a VERY slow process. I was told they were hiring immediately and after 2 months was offered the job. I had already accepted another position thinking that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a conflict that you had to overcome....   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aetna (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, in person interview where I was given a 4 hour code challenge even though I was told it was only a 1 hour challenge and then had to meet with 6 developers to explain it and have a more in-depth interview. The total interview time was almost 6 hours and I was told it would be 2...