Aetna National Superintendent of Underwriting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.8

489 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Told me they would recommend me to interview with the hiring manager. I followed up a few times and did not hear back. A few months later, an interview was scheduled. It went really good and was asked to have a final interview. I had to follow up with the Executive Assistant a few times to make sure everything was set. There was no communication from them or real free back on why they did not offer me the position. Longest most drawn out process.

Planning & Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position 5/31/17. Received an email to schedule a phone interview on 6/13/17. Conducted phone interview with recruiter on 6/16/17. She stated I would hear within a week, but did not receive another email until 6/28/17. Scheduled a call originally for 6/30, but then rescheduled for 7/6. At the start of the call, the hiring manager informs me that they are changing the location to NYC only, although the posting was listed as Hartford, CT or NYC. Asked me if I'm interested in working in NYC to which I replied, no. Carried on with short phone call, but didn't really ask me any questions. Also, told me they were looking for someone with a PMP, which again was not listed on the original job description. She also wasn't positive on the position I had even applied for before calling me. Seemed really disorganized and like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to NYC?   1 Answer

Managed Care Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Linthicum, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was very extensive but professional at the same time. I had four phone interviews with four different Senior Directors. I interviewed face to face with the Plan CEO and face to face with one of the Senior Directors that I had a phone interview with. This was more like an offer interview as she stated she knew she wanted to hire me after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did I become interested in Compliance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

The interview was scheduled promptly. I had a phone interview and was scheduled for an in person interview which went very well. My biggest grievance is that HR barely provides status updates! I have had to play phone tag with my recruiter. I ultimately withdrew myself from consideration.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on 05/10, received a call on 06/13 and completed a phone interview that lasted about 20 mins. Very professional and the interviewer was very nice. I was invited to do a face to face interview on 6/14. I interviewed with 2 people and was given a tour of the office. I was there for about 30 to 45 minutes. Both interviewers asked a series of questions and afterwards, I did a mock call. Now I'm waiting for an answer on rather I will be considered or not. I will update once I hear anything back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you've dealt with a difficult customer.

What did you do to prepare yourself for this interview?

Tell me about a time where you had to work with other departments to complete a task   Answer Question

Engineering Data Science Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aetna in June 2017.

Interview

Connected with a senior member of the team on LinkedIn, had a short phone interview (30 mins) to discuss background and skills. Next up was a phone interview (15 mins) with a recruiter, again to discuss background and experiences. After almost a month, got an email for scheduling a webEx interview (90 mins). This entire interview was divided into 2 parts: the first one went on for 45 mins and was behavioral with questions like where does your interest lie and where do you see yourself in future (technical role or a managerial position) and questions related to resume and your previous work experiences. The second one was technical (sort of) with questions from your work experience, but this time more technical such as how you performed such and such task, how would you do it differently. They ask you questions based on your skills listed on your resume. There were questions asked based on concepts from Data warehousing, SQL, shell scripting among others.

Interview Questions

• How do you check if a file is transferred in its entirety?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy. I applied in May and a week later received a phone call for a phone interview for the same day. The following week I get an email to schedule an in person interview for the following week. My in person interview was in June. Three weeks have gone by and I haven't heard anything. No status update at all. I thought the phone and in person interviews went well. After reading the reviews I see that Aetna doesn't really give you an application statuses. At this point I just want to know where I stand.

Director and Above Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I reached out to the the VP of group thru Linkedin asking for help in navigating the organization to find the right role for me given my background and experience.
    The VP requested my resume and after two days, one of his reports called me (out of the blue) and said he wanted to schedule a phone interview, but anyway interviewed me in the same call. The call went on for 45 minutes or so. Then he offered to bring me in for a face to face interview. The onsite interview was with four people, 1/2 hour each. Then a 15 minute interview with the VP.
    The VP was quite intelligent and had specific questions in his mind as it related to my experience, my references and my potential compensation.
    The interviews with the other four people included questions that were mostly basic as it related to my experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in May 2017.

Interview

04/30/17 - Applied
    05/09/17 - Phone screen with recruiter
    05/11/17 - Phone call with previous hiring supervisor (this would have been my in-person interview)
    05/16/17 - Phone call to fill out 2nd application (very lengthy)
    05/24/17 - Phone call with verbal offer
    05/24/17 - Received email with drug screen instructions.
    05/25/17 - Received email with link to offer letter, aetna tax credit questionnaire, consent from GSI (third party background company) to do employment verification.
    05/25/17 - Drug screen (MedExpress)
    05/26/17 - Phone call confirming drug screen passed.
    05/26/17 - 06/16/17 - Employment background check takes 2-3 weeks. GSI emails you directly if they can't verify the criteria listed on the application)
    06/19/17 - Start date

I previously worked for Aetna for 1 yr and came back. If you are gone greater than 30 days then you are considered a new hire and have to go through the above process. You will talk to 4-5 recruiters along the way so be prepared for multiple phone calls and steps.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have working with claims?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in May 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from the recruiter 5/11 saying they want to do a phone interview she scheduled me for a phone interview the next day 5/12 . the recruiter asked basic interview questions what do you know about aetna, what is a weakness of yours? It was 20 mins... Then she scheduled me for a F2f interview the following week 5/22 there i was given a tour and then i met and had a interview with two supervisors who had sheets of paper with more behavior questions on them " tell me how you brought creativity" how did you deal with an upset customer" ( tell a story, with outcome) .... It was about 45 min..i hope i did well i really want to work here they told me it will be two week before i hear something back its June 1st so i really hope i do , patiently waiting 🙏.

Interview Questions

• this was unique- if you were starting a business what three components will make your company good?   1 Answer