Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.7

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Kafkaesque experience and a bit strange. Full time position, in the Hartford CT office. (I would have to relocate - as my current location is nearly a 4 hour drive - one-way.) First round phone interview - with the hiring manager and a senior developer, both on the phone. When they mentioned scheduling the in-person interview, I politely said that I would be happy to meet with them in person, and that I would make one trip for consecutive days, so I could also meet with the other firms in the area, who I am talking with.

The manager said loudly: I don't care about your other interviews! It was such a shock to me, that I apologized to her.

Later on, I emailed the HR person, and told them to withdraw me from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Various technical areas. The only difficult part, was dealing with the manager's unexpected emotional outburst.   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in September 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview in September 2015. HR representative was eating during the interview process and was impossible to understand. I had to ask her to repeat herself multiple times and still was unable to understand some of the questions. Seems she was interviewing me just to meet her quota. I am well qualified for the position, yet, she seemed to have no interest in my comments.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Chennai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

They Conducted Interview 2 rounds
    1english + analytical test with 15 or 20 marks
    2. online coding test with 3question in 1 hour

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• questions are
      a.pascal triangle program
      b.uniquess ness repeated letters find transmitt program
      c.some other one   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I am leaving this review as more of a word of caution. I applied for an Aetna Customer service rep position and I actually got a call from a recruiter. Unfortunately I was unable to answer the call as I was assisting someone as a translator at a doctor's appointment. The recruiter left her phone number in a voicemail and I promptly called back 3 minutes later. I left a voice message and called back seven times throughout the day. And I've been calling sporadically throughout this week. That was last Friday, and today is February 25.

Nobody bothered to answer my message if even to AT LEAST tell me that all candidates have been scheduled for an interview. When I called the recruiter back, she sounded (her voice mail message) like she was already being asked for too much by being expected to breath on her own; this included the phrase "I'll TRY to call you back" in her voice mail message.

So I implore anyone reading this - if you applied for Aetna and see a call from Chicago on your caller ID (I guess that's where their recruiters are based), try to answer it immediately. It looks like these people hire for numbers and aren't really trying to hire based on qualifications. For example, they can't reach one person and just keep going down their long list of phone numbers. THEY..WILL..NOT...CALL... YOU... BACK. I do not understand what the point of leaving prospective employees a voice mail if you have no intentions of either calling them back, or answering their questions.

I'd really hate to think that I missed out on an opportunity of employment because a recruiter was just on autopilot all day. I cannot imagine what exactly is happening to the American work force if it is impossible to even connect with a RECRUITER! A RECRUITER! That's the FRONT LINE of the hiring process! That's like saying that you're in the order line at Starbucks, but it's impossible to speak to a barista.

Interview Questions

• Please call us back so that we can ignore you.   4 Answers

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Sunrise, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled and then an on-site interview at the Sunrise office. Great communication and follow-up. Standard admin questions, programs used. Seems like it would be a great company to work for.

Health Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Blue Bell, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was a little easy. It does pay to research the company before you go in for a phone interview. Get a notebook and start writing down notes and use this opportunity start preparing for the initial face-to-face.
    The face-to-face interview was tougher. Come with real scenarios to help support your answers. It does help. Also, take your time when answering your questions. It can be nerve wrecking, but just try to be the most calm that you possibly can.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision your supervisor made, that you disagreed and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview when department was restructuring and had not yet figured out the new guidelines so it was very difficult to know how to respond
    the job descriptions were not clear so it was hard to say if you actually qualified or not

Interview Questions

• my latest project experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aetna (New Albany, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were nice. The questions they asked had nothing to do with customer servicing. They were the behavioral inquisitions. Some were easy to STAR to, others seemed to be constructed as a corporate-related, office type.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go out of your way to get a task done and meet the deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Fill out short app, wait a week for them to call, complete a phone interview when they do call, wait another 3-5 days for another call, when they call 2nd time it would be to schedule a in office interview, 2 ppl are interviewing you at one time, they have about four sheets of questions and they are writing your answers down the entire time, wait another 3-5 days for them to call and say to fill out second app if they liked you in the interview, your recruiter will send a link to fill out app that expires in 72 hours if not completed, nothing can be copy or pasted or the app with time out, 2nd app is a pain but I managed to get through it you have to list all addresses you resided @ for 7 yrs all jobs that you held in 7 years, and any traffic violations you held in the last 3 years...then you print out a FCRA form fax it to them upon completion of your application. Then you wait for them to call you back again which takes about 3-5 days to say we've heard some really good things about you and we want to extend you an offer you will receive a email to schedule drug test you have 48 hours to complete the durg test if after the 48 hours you haven't taken it they withdraw their offer of employment you call up the drug test place and they schedule an appt in your area and they call you 72 hours before the start date to give you instructions for your first day and that is pretty much how the interview process works

Interview Questions

• How many system do you use @ one time   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in October 2015.

Interview

I completed a brief phone screening with an Aetna recruiter. After speaking with her, I was advised I would hear back within a week about proceeding. I heard back 5 days later to schedule a phone interview which was scheduled to be one hour long, but seemed somewhat rushed. I was advised there would not be a face-to-face interview for this position and would hear back within a week with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question