Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in September 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview in September 2015. HR representative was eating during the interview process and was impossible to understand. I had to ask her to repeat herself multiple times and still was unable to understand some of the questions. Seems she was interviewing me just to meet her quota. I am well qualified for the position, yet, she seemed to have no interest in my comments.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Chennai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

They Conducted Interview 2 rounds
    1english + analytical test with 15 or 20 marks
    2. online coding test with 3question in 1 hour

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• questions are
      a.pascal triangle program
      b.uniquess ness repeated letters find transmitt program
      c.some other one
      1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I am leaving this review as more of a word of caution. I applied for an Aetna Customer service rep position and I actually got a call from a recruiter. Unfortunately I was unable to answer the call as I was assisting someone as a translator at a doctor's appointment. The recruiter left her phone number in a voicemail and I promptly called back 3 minutes later. I left a voice message and called back seven times throughout the day. And I've been calling sporadically throughout this week. That was last Friday, and today is February 25.

Nobody bothered to answer my message if even to AT LEAST tell me that all candidates have been scheduled for an interview. When I called the recruiter back, she sounded (her voice mail message) like she was already being asked for too much by being expected to breath on her own; this included the phrase "I'll TRY to call you back" in her voice mail message.

So I implore anyone reading this - if you applied for Aetna and see a call from Chicago on your caller ID (I guess that's where their recruiters are based), try to answer it immediately. It looks like these people hire for numbers and aren't really trying to hire based on qualifications. For example, they can't reach one person and just keep going down their long list of phone numbers. THEY..WILL..NOT...CALL... YOU... BACK. I do not understand what the point of leaving prospective employees a voice mail if you have no intentions of either calling them back, or answering their questions.

I'd really hate to think that I missed out on an opportunity of employment because a recruiter was just on autopilot all day. I cannot imagine what exactly is happening to the American work force if it is impossible to even connect with a RECRUITER! A RECRUITER! That's the FRONT LINE of the hiring process! That's like saying that you're in the order line at Starbucks, but it's impossible to speak to a barista.

Interview Questions

• Please call us back so that we can ignore you.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aetna (New Albany, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were nice. The questions they asked had nothing to do with customer servicing. They were the behavioral inquisitions. Some were easy to STAR to, others seemed to be constructed as a corporate-related, office type.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go out of your way to get a task done and meet the deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Fill out short app, wait a week for them to call, complete a phone interview when they do call, wait another 3-5 days for another call, when they call 2nd time it would be to schedule a in office interview, 2 ppl are interviewing you at one time, they have about four sheets of questions and they are writing your answers down the entire time, wait another 3-5 days for them to call and say to fill out second app if they liked you in the interview, your recruiter will send a link to fill out app that expires in 72 hours if not completed, nothing can be copy or pasted or the app with time out, 2nd app is a pain but I managed to get through it you have to list all addresses you resided @ for 7 yrs all jobs that you held in 7 years, and any traffic violations you held in the last 3 years...then you print out a FCRA form fax it to them upon completion of your application. Then you wait for them to call you back again which takes about 3-5 days to say we've heard some really good things about you and we want to extend you an offer you will receive a email to schedule drug test you have 48 hours to complete the durg test if after the 48 hours you haven't taken it they withdraw their offer of employment you call up the drug test place and they schedule an appt in your area and they call you 72 hours before the start date to give you instructions for your first day and that is pretty much how the interview process works

Interview Questions

• How many system do you use @ one time   1 Answer

Business Nurse Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was done exclusively by phone as I had worked for this department a few years back so I was known to the Manager/Supervisor. I had to interview with 4 different people

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to learn the job as a work at home employee?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Unorganized and confusing
    Multiple interviews but the same questions
    Met 8 people, but never my boss
    Very confusing and difficult to read
    Made to wait long periods
    No HR involvement in interviews only future colleagues

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was their way and no options

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in October 2015.

Interview

I completed a brief phone screening with an Aetna recruiter. After speaking with her, I was advised I would hear back within a week about proceeding. I heard back 5 days later to schedule a phone interview which was scheduled to be one hour long, but seemed somewhat rushed. I was advised there would not be a face-to-face interview for this position and would hear back within a week with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by an afternoon of three interviews consisting of 5 people in varying positions and levels within the region. The next day I had one additional interview with an individual who was unavailable the previous day.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online 8/8
    Recruited call 8/19 I missed it
    Called back and schedule my phone interview.
    Phone interview 8/23 Went well. Scheduled in person interview.
    In person interview 8/26
    Waiting ....
    Told me it can take up to 2 weeks to hear back from them to see if I got the job or not. It's only been 1 day so I'll come bk with an update!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Aet   1 Answer