Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aetna Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in May 2017.

Interview

04/30/17 - Applied
    05/09/17 - Phone screen with recruiter
    05/11/17 - Phone call with previous hiring supervisor (this would have been my in-person interview)
    05/16/17 - Phone call to fill out 2nd application (very lengthy)
    05/24/17 - Phone call with verbal offer
    05/24/17 - Received email with drug screen instructions.
    05/25/17 - Received email with link to offer letter, aetna tax credit questionnaire, consent from GSI (third party background company) to do employment verification.
    05/25/17 - Drug screen (MedExpress)
    05/26/17 - Phone call confirming drug screen passed.
    05/26/17 - 06/16/17 - Employment background check takes 2-3 weeks. GSI emails you directly if they can't verify the criteria listed on the application)
    06/19/17 - Start date

I previously worked for Aetna for 1 yr and came back. If you are gone greater than 30 days then you are considered a new hire and have to go through the above process. You will talk to 4-5 recruiters along the way so be prepared for multiple phone calls and steps.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have working with claims?   Answer Question

Director and Above Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I reached out to the the VP of group thru Linkedin asking for help in navigating the organization to find the right role for me given my background and experience.
    The VP requested my resume and after two days, one of his reports called me (out of the blue) and said he wanted to schedule a phone interview, but anyway interviewed me in the same call. The call went on for 45 minutes or so. Then he offered to bring me in for a face to face interview. The onsite interview was with four people, 1/2 hour each. Then a 15 minute interview with the VP.
    The VP was quite intelligent and had specific questions in his mind as it related to my experience, my references and my potential compensation.
    The interviews with the other four people included questions that were mostly basic as it related to my experience.

Provider Services Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. The recruiter asked a list of can questions. Asked about why you want to apply for the job. Asked about salary expectations. Your strengths and your weaknesses. When can you start. Asked about your skills and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Asked if you had experience in travel for your previous job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Had 5 back-to-back one-on-one meetings. Mostly resume-based questions. Some questions on the industry, knowledge of the company. Most interviewers were friendly except for one person. Was showed around the building. Had lunch with one of the interviewers.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aetna (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call from campus career fair. There was an HR phone screening on the general questions of skills. Then there was an hour long technical face to face interview. The face to face was average but I was not prepared with SQL solving. No offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• managerial questions related to experience, 2 SQL questions to solve on paper (20 mins), one advanced SQL question, Data Structures questions on Arrays, Lists, conceptual questions on Hadoop, Spark, Mapreduce.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aetna (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, in person interview where I was given a 4 hour code challenge even though I was told it was only a 1 hour challenge and then had to meet with 6 developers to explain it and have a more in-depth interview. The total interview time was almost 6 hours and I was told it would be 2...

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview when department was restructuring and had not yet figured out the new guidelines so it was very difficult to know how to respond
    the job descriptions were not clear so it was hard to say if you actually qualified or not

Interview Questions

• my latest project experience   1 Answer

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Kafkaesque experience and a bit strange. Full time position, in the Hartford CT office. (I would have to relocate - as my current location is nearly a 4 hour drive - one-way.) First round phone interview - with the hiring manager and a senior developer, both on the phone. When they mentioned scheduling the in-person interview, I politely said that I would be happy to meet with them in person, and that I would make one trip for consecutive days, so I could also meet with the other firms in the area, who I am talking with.

The manager said loudly: I don't care about your other interviews! It was such a shock to me, that I apologized to her.

Later on, I emailed the HR person, and told them to withdraw me from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Various technical areas. The only difficult part, was dealing with the manager's unexpected emotional outburst.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

The interview process with the hiring manager began with a telephone interview and ended with a face to face interview. I then had a telephone interview with the regional CEO of the health plan. Each part of this process was timely and professional.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work overtime on occasions.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very nice interview but same questions asked over and over again in different ways. Recruiters extremely unorganized and seemed bothered when you follow up on a VERY slow process. I was told they were hiring immediately and after 2 months was offered the job. I had already accepted another position thinking that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had a conflict that you had to overcome....   Answer Question