Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Brief HR interview followed by totally random phone call by a hiring manager to schedule a follow-up interview. The Interview with the hiring managers was on a conference call (which was not totally clear from the invite) with 3 hiring managers. They clearly had a script with behavioral questions and they took turns in reading those questions. Quite akward. No assessment of my background and how I could be a fit for the position; details on the role were provided only because I asked for them. A few weeks later I received an email stating that I had not been selected for the next step in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you couldn't meet a deadline: how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Manager of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Louisville, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, Then met with direct manager. The several weeks later met the CEO and COO. Then several weeks before response from HR. There were many delays in this process.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Interviewed for a department that no longer exists. Inital screener with recruiter. Then another two phone interviews consultants. Final phone interview with head of department. Call was ended short because he was called into another meeting. Not sure if this would be relevant. Just adding a review for a chance to win a prize

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY).

Interview

10 minute phone screen going over my application followed by an in person interview with 3 managers at their Hartford office. Most of the in person interview questions were behavioral with a few math questions sprinkled in. Basic math you can do in your head.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Fill out short app, wait a week for them to call, complete a phone interview when they do call, wait another 3-5 days for another call, when they call 2nd time it would be to schedule a in office interview, 2 ppl are interviewing you at one time, they have about four sheets of questions and they are writing your answers down the entire time, wait another 3-5 days for them to call and say to fill out second app if they liked you in the interview, your recruiter will send a link to fill out app that expires in 72 hours if not completed, nothing can be copy or pasted or the app with time out, 2nd app is a pain but I managed to get through it you have to list all addresses you resided @ for 7 yrs all jobs that you held in 7 years, and any traffic violations you held in the last 3 years...then you print out a FCRA form fax it to them upon completion of your application. Then you wait for them to call you back again which takes about 3-5 days to say we've heard some really good things about you and we want to extend you an offer you will receive a email to schedule drug test you have 48 hours to complete the durg test if after the 48 hours you haven't taken it they withdraw their offer of employment you call up the drug test place and they schedule an appt in your area and they call you 72 hours before the start date to give you instructions for your first day and that is pretty much how the interview process works

Interview Questions

• How many system do you use @ one time   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY).

Interview

Called by a screener. Within a day or two received an email from the hiring manager for a onsite interview. Very professional but friendly interview was held. Interview was held during holiday season so not sure how long it will take for the final interview if I am selected.

FIP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I first heard of the program/internship through a career improvement site. I was thus recommended and my application and resume were forwarded to Aetna. After this, I was emailed to schedule a phone interview. I did as such. I then was contacted for a phone interview. Although I was told I would be contacted in two weeks, I was contacted in about 5. I have been contacted and will conduct another interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the three key financial statements?   Answer Question
    • Which ratios would you use to analyze the value of a company so you could invest in it?   Answer Question
    • (how would you) Link the statement of cash flows to the income statement   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job?/How are you suited for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume for a call back
    Next morning for an interview. About 45 minutes long. 15-20 questions.Two supervisors in a conference room setting. Interviewed on a Monday got a call back with a job offer a week later with an email stating my next steps in completing my hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Typical customer service questions, why do you consider yourself qualified for the position, would you have a problem with keeping clients information private etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aetna (New Albany, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were nice. The questions they asked had nothing to do with customer servicing. They were the behavioral inquisitions. Some were easy to STAR to, others seemed to be constructed as a corporate-related, office type.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to go out of your way to get a task done and meet the deadline?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted my resume at a college career fair and received an email with an invitation to a 30 minute campus interview. Less than one week later, I was asked to interview on site. There was a one-hour group interview with three actuaries, followed by two half-hour interviews. I received an offer about one month later.