Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I truly enjoyed my interview process. It was unexpected and very short notice however, it was very fruitful. I enjoyed talking with the management team and really was in pressed way the professional behavior!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Aetna ?   1 Answer

Clinical Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The managers explain the process, the history of Aetna, expectations, and some past case examples. Honestly was the best interview process I ever had. It seemed they took all the past errors, success, and feedback to develop their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aetna?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to negotiate their salary was overly fair.

LG Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Blue Bell, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed. Had a brief phone interview with a recruiter followed by an in-person interview with 3 managers about 2 weeks later. All employees were very friendly and genuine people.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it's better to be a jack of all trades or a person who specializes in one thing specifically?   1 Answer
    • Describe an ideal working relationship with your boss/co-workers/internal customers.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to take initiative.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how your work was impeded and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What do you think the most difficult aspect of underwriting would be?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Was a 15 minute phone screen with human resources. First, they started off with administrative questions such as can you make the commute or what is your desired salary. Then they explained the position, which they couldn't do very well because they weren't in finance (she just read the job description word for word). Lastly they asked a few brief situational questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

over phone with recruiter- process took four days. I applied online from a employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter within a couple of days. We set up a time to talk on the phone within the next week.

Interview Questions

• name a time you have been faced with a challenging situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aetna (Franklin, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was surprisingly lengthy. It actually took an hour and a half & included 5 or 6 pages of pretty difficult questions ranging from explain the last 9 jobs you've held over a 20 year career, exactly what you did at each one & why you left. That was just the beginning with the department head. Then she brought in another manager and we started all over again with detailed descriptions of the past 20 years old my work history. Plus the usual queries about where would I be in 5 years & how did I handle serious mistake or conflict at a past job. All this & I didn't even get the job.

State Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews. Very straight forward questions, but must be prepared in the event that more difficult or non-standard questions are asked. Had first interview roughly 3-4 weeks after I applied. Follow-up phone interview was two weeks after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the questions, but none stuck out as extremely random or difficult.   Answer Question

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I was contacted 2 weeks after applying. The recruited who contacted me set up a phone interview. When they called the person interviewing me completely rushed through the interview and said she didn't even have my resume in front of her and basically asked me to dictate it to her. After I basically read her my resume, she then proceeded to tell me about the job. She then told me a manager would be reaching out to me within a few days. A week later I get a generic email telling me I'm not qualified for the position even though I met every criteria they asked for in the job requisition. If a candidate isn't qualified, then why bother calling at all. Thanks Aetna for wasting my time!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how long you've been a nurse? I don't have your resume in front of me.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aetna (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Face to face interview. General customer service type questions. Had first interview with supervisor and was then passed on to upper level supervisor. I believe you are not passed on unless they like you and are prepared to consider hiring you

Interview Questions

• Will you have a problem committing to the training schedule   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

3 interviews, 2 on phone, one in person. All told me they would love to have me on their team. Later received feedback that I wasn't dynamic enough. So in the end 6 hours spent and not dynamic enough?

Interview Questions

• I'm thinking you are around my age right? Do you have any kids?   1 Answer