Aetna National Superintendent of Underwriting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

516 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen for starters, then a more in depth phone call with a department head. The phone screen was very easy and asked about past positions and salary expectations. The interview with the department head required more background research on programs I was unfamiliar with.

Interview Questions

• What is one process improvement you have implemented, what was the most challenging part?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

30 mins phone interview with the team leader: talked about the job and projects, then went through my research experience and answered a couple of questions. Then on-site interviews after a week: 4 hours, 5 round with 6 people.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was disappointing. I applied online and was called to do a phone screen, then an in person interview. The interview went great, I was positive that I would get the position. I was told to expect a decision within the next week. The next morning I received an email saying the position had been canceled. I reached out to my recruiter who advised me the position was canceled because the team is being relocated to another state. Instead of reaching out to people before their in person interviews, they decided to waste our time. I had such a great impression of the company before this. Very unprofessional and disappointing moment

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Began with phone screen with HR 3+ months after application. Next step was brief phone conversation with hiring manager, mostly an explanation of his background and the potential position with some generic questions about my experience. From there he said that someone would contact me for an on site interview and never heard back. Follow-ups did not receive a response. This experience seemed consistent with those that I had heard from others that had interviewed here as well.

Senior Audit Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I applied online to a few jobs on the Aetna website. I was called by one of their corporate recruiters and we had a 10 minute phone call. She later passed my information to the manager of the audit team. He emailed times to meet for the following week. I had a 3 hour interview with 2 managers and two directors. The following week HR called me to tell me to officially apply for the position on Aetna's website which I found odd. The following day they had me do an application part 2. At that point they told me no other interviews would be held. A few days later the HR recruiter made me a job offer. It required a drug test, credit check and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Basically how I would transition from auditing in a CPA firm to internal audit for a large corporation. They wanted me to explain what internal controls I had tested in previous companies.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on the end of June 2017 received an email and a call to set an appt for a phone interview. Set appt for 2 days later which went really well. The lady was very sweet and asked some straight forward questions. My face to face interview was 8/2 which consisted of 2 people. The supervisor and training manager. They took turns asking me questions which were scenario based and then ended the interview with a role play test call which i felt like i did really well in! Waiting for a email/call now.

Interview Questions

• If you could write one book tomorrow, what 3 values would you want in it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with different departments to complete a task?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you gave creativity in the team.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Interview was with a company later acquired by Aetna so does not reflect the current interview process at Aetna. Interviewed with hiring manager and was more conversational about my background rather than specific questions.

IT Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a panel interview. Panel consisted of 4 directors of various IT depts. I was questioned on my employment history and relevant experience working in enterprise IT, mainframe, midrange, distributed and web platforms.

Interview Questions

• General history of skills and knowledge of platforms, hardware, software.   1 Answer

Data Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is swift and fair. I applied online and asked one of my friends to refer, after a couple of days I received an email to chose a webex interview slot. It was a 70 min online interview. Initially regular questions like tell me about your self , what is the advantage of functional programming, differences between hadoop and spark frameworks, what is an RDD etc and other questions related to resume. In the later half of the interview, given a coding task and SQL queries to write Overall, its positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to compare two strings and return a boolean value if one is a substring of the other?   Answer Question
    • can you walk through a map reduce problem?   Answer Question
    • what is difference between an abstract class and interface?   Answer Question
    • why passing functions is important in scala . what purpose does it achieve.?   Answer Question
    • can you explain the difference between hadoop and spark?   Answer Question
    • what is the difference between functional programming and object oriented programming?   Answer Question
    • can you explain what is HDFS? why do we need such file system?   Answer Question
    • What is RDD?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

In general the interview process was not oriented toward key hiring criteria and the insecurities of the hiring manager vs my qualifications led to my not being considered; there is a current fixation on Harvard business school graduates and I focus on credentials versus an understanding of the insurance business