Aetna National Superintendent of Underwriting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

549 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claim Benefit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weirton, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Weirton, WV) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview and the interviewer was very straightforward that I was one of the first interviews and it was likely to be a couple of months until I heard any decision. I was expecting slow communication but the team was highly communicative and moved along with a sense of purpose. I was advised of my hire 6 weeks prior to my start and am able to smoothly transition out of my current job at another company.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were faced with multiple priorities and couldn’t complete them all. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Network Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Applied on Aetnas website, received a call the same day from recruiter set up interview for the next day. Recruiter said it went great and information would be passed along to hiring manager and If she was interested she would contact me directly for the interview, she called 2 days later and set up interview

Now he is the kicker!... for 2 months I was strung along to be told I was a top final candidate and that the Hiring managers manager would be reaching out to me to schedule my final interview. Well that day came and I received the generic “No Thanks email”! I was in total disbelief due to the fact that HR has told me how well my interview went with the hiring manager and that I was everything they were looking for in this position. The reason I didn’t get the job was because they decided to go on a different direction Per the recruiter.

Well thanks for wasting over 2 months for nothing!

Interview Questions

• Recruiter- where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      Why do you want to leave your current employer.
      Discussed pay, traveling for Work etc   1 Answer

IT Professional Leadership Development Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Phone interview. Lasted maybe 20 minutes. Asked behavioral interview type questions. Interviewer was not very personable and sounded kind of young. Very to the point and scripted. Interviewer didn't ask very good questions in my opinion, not sure how they were going to get a good idea of me based on what they asked.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I applied through campus and took an on-campus interview 3weeks+ ago. The interview took one hour, the first half hour was mostly behavioral questions, the second half was general technical questions based on background. Haven't received the reply yet.

Interview Questions

• Questions about different tools/platforms   1 Answer

Information Consultant Interview

Interview

Doesn't really apply as my company was purchased by Aetna after I was hired. I had four interviews before I was hired that were a combination of in-person and over the phone with four different individuals.

Decline to State Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Process moved at a decent pace, but communication was terrible. Any questions I emailed to HR were answered with "Please give me a call" - I live in the corporate world so I can understand that some topics are best discussed by phone, but it seemed like Aetna had some policy against HR using email. Especially for logistical matters like scheduling interviews, email is just plain better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on which helped shape strategy.   4 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

45 minute in person interview. Divided into three parts: 1) character / personal characteristics, 2) Technical acumen, 3) Critical thinking skills. Did not solicit or ask me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: In SQL, what is the difference between a union, join and append?   1 Answer

Community Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Someone called me to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter didn’t state her name and mentioned she wouldn’t be sending a confirmation email. I prepared, cleared my day, and waited by the phone. Nothing. It has been a week since the scheduled interview date. No one has called. No one has emailed. Completely unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Analytics and Behavior Change Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, mostly behavioral and asked one technical question.

Then had an onsite interview. Started off with a brief presentation of the department, and then 3 interviews. First was technical, two afterwards behavioral. All interviewers had sheets and were scoring answers out of 5 for all of the candidates. I thought the interview went well and really enjoyed my experience there, but haven't heard from anyone in a few weeks so I guess I didn't get the job. Very disappointing and not exactly sure what they were looking for, but I have heard that interviews for the same org are much more relaxed in the New York office.

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

It took me about 2 weeks from the day I submitted my application online until the day I got an official offer letter. In addition to that, drug test and background check will be taking sometime about another 2 weeks also.
    I had first phone screen by HR, following by an invitation to their beautiful Hartford Campus where I met three amazing Tax Directors. Then a week later I got an email for another phone interview with senior tax manager. I got an offer right after my last phone interview.