Aetna RN Case Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aetna RN Case Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2016

2.9

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website. Received a call from the recruiter about 1 week after. Then got a call about a week after that to set up an in office interview. Interviewed with 4 people- 3 in person and one on the phone. Won't know if there is an offer for another 3 weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of ethical questions. Name an ethically challenging situation you have been in and how you dealt with it and what the outcome was.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I was contacted 2 weeks after applying. The recruited who contacted me set up a phone interview. When they called the person interviewing me completely rushed through the interview and said she didn't even have my resume in front of her and basically asked me to dictate it to her. After I basically read her my resume, she then proceeded to tell me about the job. She then told me a manager would be reaching out to me within a few days. A week later I get a generic email telling me I'm not qualified for the position even though I met every criteria they asked for in the job requisition. If a candidate isn't qualified, then why bother calling at all. Thanks Aetna for wasting my time!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how long you've been a nurse? I don't have your resume in front of me.   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR to do a phone screen first. A couple of days later was called by local office for an in person interview. Was interviewed by manager in person with another manager on the phone. Job was then put on hold so did not receive an offer for about a month.

Interview Questions

• If parent called asking how to flush line, how would you help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna (Riverside, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Conference call with 2 managers, friendly environment. Interview lasted about 30 mins. Asked approximately 5 questions. Managers discribed company. Prescreen was done prior to interview. Offer made within 5-7 days.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

i got a phone interview and followed with face to face, the interviewers are very nice and helpful, the phone interview asked about basic typical interview questions, such as your weakness and your strength, and your background. you will need to think quickly and the interview last about 40-45 mins

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Went well. No complaints. Overall a good experience. Contacted by a recruiter. Interview done at office. Went well . No complaints. Went well no complaints. A positive experience. Great experience overall

Found a better opportunity

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aetna in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone and there were at least 4 to 5 managers. I was already nervous so knowing that it was going to be MORE than the average 1-3 only increased my anxiety and made me very, very nervous. They asked me questions mainly about case management and how I would handle a situation. For example, what 3 things would be most important before discharging a member who was receiving CM services.

Interview Questions

• They all were difficult only because I was very nervous, lol. But, I survived   Answer Question

Negotiation

The amount offered was satisfying it was more than I expected.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 jobs and still waiting to hear back on last phone interview 1 month ago. My status on the website says "under consideration" and I was invited via Email to submit an application and signature page for a background check. My fingers remain crossed.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario and asking to be specific in describing a similiar situation and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

2 Interviews and a couple of scheduling/offer calls with Human Resources. One face-to-face interview. Hard to locate the correct office, but enjoyable. Mostly quetioned about my prior experience and then we discussed the position I was applying for.

Negotiation

Yes, but not much wiggle room.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Sacramento, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone, 1:1 and then peer interview
    Sat with manager and discussed the role and how it works. Then I met with peer nurses and just talked about the job. Prior to the actual meeting there was a phone screening with the recruiter