Aetna RN Case Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aetna RN Case Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.8

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR then 2nd interview with hiring manager. Applied online and was contacted by email to setup the initial interview. Was a typical initial interview by HR just reviewing qualifications. The hiring manager went into further details.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, name a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website. Received a call from the recruiter about 1 week after. Then got a call about a week after that to set up an in office interview. Interviewed with 4 people- 3 in person and one on the phone. Won't know if there is an offer for another 3 weeks or so.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of ethical questions. Name an ethically challenging situation you have been in and how you dealt with it and what the outcome was.   1 Answer

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I was contacted 2 weeks after applying. The recruited who contacted me set up a phone interview. When they called the person interviewing me completely rushed through the interview and said she didn't even have my resume in front of her and basically asked me to dictate it to her. After I basically read her my resume, she then proceeded to tell me about the job. She then told me a manager would be reaching out to me within a few days. A week later I get a generic email telling me I'm not qualified for the position even though I met every criteria they asked for in the job requisition. If a candidate isn't qualified, then why bother calling at all. Thanks Aetna for wasting my time!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how long you've been a nurse? I don't have your resume in front of me.   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 jobs and still waiting to hear back on last phone interview 1 month ago. My status on the website says "under consideration" and I was invited via Email to submit an application and signature page for a background check. My fingers remain crossed.

Interview Questions

• Given a scenario and asking to be specific in describing a similiar situation and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Newark, DE) in November 2011.

Interview

I have interviewed for an RN case manager position with Aetna three times. I am currently employed and have been with the same employer for over five years now. I have a very impressive resume and usually get any job I want. To be called to the same place three times says something about my experience as far as recruiters in HR goes. My second interview with aetna I had a phone interview before being called for a face to face. Two of the three interviews were with two managers. One of the managers I recognized from a prior interview. I am not sure of the problem I am having at this particular office but in my opinion I think I may not be the right "fit" for them at that office. I know people will say maybe they didn't like me or that I din't give a good interview but I can assure you that was not the case. I have all the qualifications for that job plus more and it was stated that I would be a good fit for the job. That being said I still received the rejection email weeks later. I found out through some associates that a woman I went to school with got hired at Aetna on her first interview and she has NO hospital or case management experience. I don't know what else to think but I guess I'm done for now trying to work for Aetna. Each time the interviewers tell me it's all in HR's hands and they have nothing to do with the process from here but what happens next? The last time I interviewed 12/16/11 they were hiring 35 new case managers for a new Medicare project. They told me they wanted to get the ball rolling fairly quickly so everyone could start by Feb 6th. I never got an email so I thought I was in but the Feb 6th deadline was approching and I hadn't received anything from HR. Jan 16 (a month later) I called one of the managers that I interviewed with and she said they were getting together that Friday to make their decisions and she appologized for the delay. The next week on Jan 27th I got the dreaded rejection email. LOL!! I just say everything happens for a reason. Right? Maybe there will be a better opportunity at a better company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to make a difficult decision in your work environment.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to ask your co-workers for advice or to double check (second opinion/brainstorm)........... Not in the exact words.   1 Answer