Aetna Underwriting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aetna Underwriting Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews at their offices and then a phone call one week later. I was interviewed by two employees directly across from me and then one on a conference call.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of being competitive and are you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I was referred and received a call asking if I could go in for an in-person interview. I said sure. After the in-person interview I was told I'd be called in for a second round interview if chosen. The second round was skipped and I was offered a job less than a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview was more me asking them questions, rather than them asking me. I got the opportunity to meet all of the underwriters in the department. I was a recent college graduate and did not have any experience, so they were very understand of that and took the time to explain everything in as much detail as they could.

Interview Questions

• The asked about any relevant experience, even though I was a recent college graduate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Underwriter Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aetna (Blue Bell, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

emailed me position they wanted me to interview for and scheduled date. I interviewed with two people; 1 in person and 1 on conference call. I was originally suppose to interview with three people. A lot of scenario questions were asked, as well as a few financial questions. The interview went well, but the job was not offered to me because of limited experience in what they were specifically looking for.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions pertaining to manual rates and risk assesment for new business   1 Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Consisted of multiple, typical phone interviews followed by an Excel document with multiple basic health insurance (premium) questions. About four months later, I was invited for an onsite interview with a senior executive then another with two underwriters. I was asked several math and health insurance questions.

Interview Questions

• What is 17% of 950? Would it be better to have more or less people on a group health plan and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was with 3 underwriting consultants in the department. Two people were in person and one person was on conference call. Each person asked basic behavioral interview questions like "Tell me about a time where…". There were also 2 basic math questions involving percentage change and what percentage of people who were covered by a policy. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• From an insurance company point of view, what is more risky, a policy where 95% of people are covered or where 50% of people are covered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with four managers in the underwriting department total. Two first, then another two right after. Math questions were asked which was a little nerve wracking since I was already nervous. I blanked on the questions but you get to use a pen and paper, just not a calculator.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people at once. There were two managers and one head underwriter. It was basically more of a casual conversation and only one person really spoke. The two managers were the quiet ones. I believe they all came to see which team whoever they do hire would fit on best.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected or difficult questions. It was more casual conversation.   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Process began with a short phone interview involving basic questions about my background, education, and work experience. Second interview was in person. They ask what you know about the industry overall and healthcare reform. They ask why you are interested in the position and what you know about the company as a whole. They are looking for you to be analytically-minded and know about Aetna's culture and values as a healthcare company not just an "insurance" company. If you have experience and knowledge in math/finance this is likely an advantage for this particular position.

Interview Questions

• A few basic math questions on the spot in the interview. Not difficult but was unexpected for me   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview with two different groups of management.