Aetna Underwriting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aetna Underwriting Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview was more me asking them questions, rather than them asking me. I got the opportunity to meet all of the underwriters in the department. I was a recent college graduate and did not have any experience, so they were very understand of that and took the time to explain everything in as much detail as they could.

Interview Questions

• The asked about any relevant experience, even though I was a recent college graduate.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aetna

Underwriter Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aetna (Blue Bell, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

emailed me position they wanted me to interview for and scheduled date. I interviewed with two people; 1 in person and 1 on conference call. I was originally suppose to interview with three people. A lot of scenario questions were asked, as well as a few financial questions. The interview went well, but the job was not offered to me because of limited experience in what they were specifically looking for.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions pertaining to manual rates and risk assesment for new business   1 Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Consisted of multiple, typical phone interviews followed by an Excel document with multiple basic health insurance (premium) questions. About four months later, I was invited for an onsite interview with a senior executive then another with two underwriters. I was asked several math and health insurance questions.

Interview Questions

• What is 17% of 950? Would it be better to have more or less people on a group health plan and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was with 3 underwriting consultants in the department. Two people were in person and one person was on conference call. Each person asked basic behavioral interview questions like "Tell me about a time where…". There were also 2 basic math questions involving percentage change and what percentage of people who were covered by a policy. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• From an insurance company point of view, what is more risky, a policy where 95% of people are covered or where 50% of people are covered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with four managers in the underwriting department total. Two first, then another two right after. Math questions were asked which was a little nerve wracking since I was already nervous. I blanked on the questions but you get to use a pen and paper, just not a calculator.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people at once. There were two managers and one head underwriter. It was basically more of a casual conversation and only one person really spoke. The two managers were the quiet ones. I believe they all came to see which team whoever they do hire would fit on best.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected or difficult questions. It was more casual conversation.   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Process began with a short phone interview involving basic questions about my background, education, and work experience. Second interview was in person. They ask what you know about the industry overall and healthcare reform. They ask why you are interested in the position and what you know about the company as a whole. They are looking for you to be analytically-minded and know about Aetna's culture and values as a healthcare company not just an "insurance" company. If you have experience and knowledge in math/finance this is likely an advantage for this particular position.

Interview Questions

• A few basic math questions on the spot in the interview. Not difficult but was unexpected for me   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview with two different groups of management.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Interview

Aetna Interview Review
    Was contacted by a non HR rep to schedule an interview. Met with her, 2 hiring managers as they were hiring for two positions. Standard questions, situational ones as well as a couple math problems. Very simple, but can freeze someone if nervous. They were very nice and informative. After the interview the host walked me out and that's when I found out there would be a second round.

The host contacted me a couple days afterward to schedule a second interview the following week.

Just went in and met with higher ups that posed similar questions that focused on achievements, goals, detail oriented, team vs independent thinker, etc. Overall a "good" second round. Personalities of the second round panels were a bit more conservative but not particularly strict.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aetna (Middletown, CT) in February 2008.

Interview

I was referred to Aetna by a friend. I was initially contacted by one of the executive assistants and scheduled the interview with her. On the first day of interviews I had 2 panel interviews, each one with 2 Underwriting Managers/Unit Leads. They asked a lot of situational questions like "Tell us about a time you made a mistake. What did you do and how did you handle it". They also asked a few math questions consisting of percentage calculations. These shouldn't be very hard if you have an acumen for math. Some of the managers were very easy to converse with while others held their statuesque poker faces but don't let those guys psych you out. About a month or so later I got a call from the same executive assistant to schedule another interview date. It was all the same process but just with different managers.

Interview Questions

• Math questions   3 Answers
    • If you had to wear a warning sign on your chest for all of your coworkers to see what would it say.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate