Affiliated Computer Services Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Tigard, OR) in November 2012.

Interview

Had an interview with Jessyca Gurnoe who was very professional. She then sent me to see another person who was a Supervisor to further my interview. The Supervisor took me to the floor and showed me around a little and allowed me to ask questions until she finally interviewed me.

She took me back to Jessyca Gurnoe and recommended me for hire.

Negotiation

Just about my hours to work. I stated that I would prefer days as I had children at home and they said that after training, they could do that, and they did.

Other Interview Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed/casual, but lengthy. Took about an hour total. They have you complete an online test first - very simple stuff but takes a little time, then if you get past that, you wait until they call down a supervisor to interview you, which takes maybe 5 minutes total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as the pay was a set rate & job is contracted w/ a potential full hire after a 90-day probation period.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Federal Way, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

If you can type 30 wpm and can keep a positive attitude when dealing with negative people on the phone this job is for you. I went to the office and conducted a typing test and personality test. Upon successful completion i was offered a job as long as I could pass a UA and background check.

Interview Questions

• How can you be sure you wont quit or run out of juice while working here and going to school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lacey, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

It was easy. The recruiter called, I called back. We missed each other's calls three or four times. When I finally reached her, she did an initial screening, set me up with an interview the next day, and I walked out with a job. The interview was the easiest one I've ever done. It lasted about ten minutes. It consisted of the interviewer asking simple questions about what I was willing to do, interspersed with some information about the company. When the interview was done, I was taken down to the HR office to complete paperwork, which took about an hour and a half. The interview itself was extremely easy and not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. You take it, or you leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Anderson, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter from ACS asking me if I would be interested in a customer service job. On the day of the interview there were approximately 25 - 50 people that attended. We were interviewed individually by 4 different people. It took all day for me because I was one of the last to arrive for the interview. We were told after a background check was completed, we would be returning for orientation. I received 3 calls requesting my college diploma after I had sent it 2 times. At orientation, we received some new hire paperwork to complete and returned it to the HR rep. Days later, we received more paperwork via email to complete. Despite the fact I was given a password, I could not log into their system to complete it. During training the class completed the information that was sent previously by email. My advice to interview candidates, arrive early for the interview so you will be first to be interviewed. They interview by time arrived. If you don't have any call center experience, I would suggest you don't apply at this company. Training is very rapid and the instructor has no time to answer any questions. The call center worked in shifts. It hardly looked like no one worked there, too many empty cubicles. My perception was that there were not many supervisors there willing to help you when you got on the floor. They were too busy trying to make their quotas. I talked to other customer service reps and they said there was no teamwork concept. Everyone was out for themselves. This place has a very high turnover rate. That tells me there is a lot of unsatisfied employees. The trainers will tell you that the ratings are from employees that are lazy,unmotivated and not making any money because of their attitudes. That is not true. There were several good employees that walked out the door because they were unhappy about too many hours worked, poor benefits and unfair treatment from supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Were there any questions too difficult or unexpected questions asked?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate with them. All the people in my training class were getting $10.00 per hour. the instructor asked how many were getting $10 and how many were getting $9. Everyone should have received $10 per hour and the ones getting $9 were to see the HR rep.for an adjustments.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Tigard, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

It seems most interviewees have responded to a Craigslist ad. The interview is very brief. I think most of the hiring decision is based on a computer test they give you testing basic typing and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negitiation. It was take it or leave it. Most of their interviewees are desperate for income, so why negotiate?

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Cary, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

The turnover rate is high. Go there with a resume and suit and you will get hire. They hire everyone. They do no background checks or call references. No experience necessary.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing difficult. They just ask you why do you want to work here. Make up something. Honestly it doesnt matter they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No there is no negotiation. For Sprint department its 10.00. Training is 9.50.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

There are 5 steps.

1) A scenario test. I.e. "If a customer was mad, what is the appropriate reaction?"
    2) A typing and listening test. Type 35 WPM, and listen to 20 sample phone calls and answer a question about them.
    3) Quick interview; see if your goals line up with the company's needs (can you work full time, can you work weekends, etc)
    4) In-person interview. Meet a hiring manager, they decide if you have the necessary people skills to succeed.
    5) Background check/drug test

Interview Questions

• Do you see this more as a job, or a career?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work overtime when needed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Accept that you will work overtime against your will, and you will be hired

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Tempe, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted via E-mail to let me know that a new position had opened up. They have you apply on their website, where you find out next to nothing regarding what you will be doing. All you know is that you will be working as a CSA. Then, they bring you in and do an interview. They ask you simple questions, like "What experience do you have?" and many "Describe a situation when..." scenarios. Overall, very simple.

Interview Questions

• Give me an experience of yours in which you failed. What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me the five most important traits that matter to you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely not.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

Had to take a test on a computer. the test consisted of listening skills and costumer service and afterwards basic interview. Nothing difficult they will take anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. This company is a multinational company and they want us in the US to become like the 3rd world countries they operate in. So forget about negotiating.....