Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Frostburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Frostburg, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

She sat me down at an unused computer and sat next to me at another unused computer and asked me about my transportation abilities, high school grades, and the usual "are you motivated to be a forward thinking, task driven associate for ACS?" nonsense.
    Then there was a drug test, and some more questions about my work history.
    Then she told me some more stuff that sounded like a schedule or something. I asked her "Wait, am I hired?"
    She responded "Oh. Yeah."
    Not great on the communicating, especially so during training. (after i've been hired, training now) She went through their 20 year old computer system and the tasks we would be using it for at light speed for a month. I understood none of it and had to quit. I don't understand how any of the other students understood anything she was talking about. Legal and financial jargon is all gobbledygook to me, anyway.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with computers?   1 Answer

Systems Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked a few technical questions and a few behavioral questions were asked. The interview process was not rigorous. I was introduced and spoke with several members of the team.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I simply had a referral from a friend and I completed HR clerical testing the next day. Two days later, I had my interview and was hired on the spot.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Nashville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Simple, it was not very difficult. For the most part, we discussed the industry and the culture of the company. It was a consulting job, so most of it was based on the needs of the client.

Iphone Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

very informal no getting to know. Their turnover is high and the management doesn't really care what you are, just if you can work without emotion. The hiring managers do only that and no real work.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Long Beach, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

interview was easy..they will ask questions about you and how will your skills help the company grow..just be honest and very friendly. They will also give you scenarios and see how you will handle any situation given.could be how will you handle a situation when you have a problem with a co worker. also they will see if you are a team player.

Interview Questions

• how will you handle the situation when you have an issue with a co worker?   Answer Question

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

1st round is Face to Face with HR
    2nd round is Basic english test
    3 rd round was with manager
    Finally offer letter was issued
    Immediate joiners were preferred
    Interview happened for whole day

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by call center manager and afterwards with one of the call center supervisors. Both asked basic interview questions. Very easy to talk to, both were very pleasant. Got an offer right away, was sent for drug screening, had to fill paperwork out and started within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how did you hear about us, why do you want to work here, etc   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview

They do a full background investigation. Thus, the wait and call back took about 2 moths or so but soon after I received an income offer I was working immediately; within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• This is a contract position and can end at anytime. Do you know what that neans to you personally and for the business? Are you comfortable with that?   1 Answer
    • You will be working directly under the senior accountant. Have you ever worked directly under strict supervision? Tell us about your experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Mesa, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Formal. Interviewer tried to present a relaxed format, but they didn't seem to feel comfortable doing this [perhaps they are new]. He used a scripted format - psychological type interview. These formatted interviews attempt to be objective - but they make the applicant ill-at-ease. And they do not demonstrate how well the person reacts to a client, or how well the applicant can communicate in writing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received a call from a difficult client. What was the situation, and how did you handle them?   1 Answer

I looked at the work environment, and reflected on it. The suite had no windows, the lighting was kept very low, and there were no clocks anywhere. I felt that this was a dreadful environment to try to stay alert in!