Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview

When you apply for a position, you are sent a questionnaire to answer questions that really have no bearing on the job for which you are applying. You are also asked to complete a skills test via computer. Once those are done, you are called to a face to face interview and then you have to take a drug test. Then an offer letter is sent. From there you are given your start day.

Interview Questions

• Please advise a time when you had to deliver less than pleasing news.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Was a long interview process had to get on the computer and answer a lot of questions some that didn't even have to do with the job you were applying for and then if you past that part you got to talk to a supervisor for the interview they just asked basic questions and that part was pretty easy then if hired they told you at that moment it was during the holiday season so they let go alot of people after the holiday season was over based on performance and that included most of the supervisors they had hired around the same time.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Albany, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Difficult but fair

Interview Questions

• can you work outside of regular business hours   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation available. I took the position because I liked the hiring agent but the hiring person puts a very good spin on the company. If you are hired you may regret it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

one on one interview with supervisor

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Tigard, OR) in November 2012.

Interview

Had an interview with Jessyca Gurnoe who was very professional. She then sent me to see another person who was a Supervisor to further my interview. The Supervisor took me to the floor and showed me around a little and allowed me to ask questions until she finally interviewed me.

She took me back to Jessyca Gurnoe and recommended me for hire.

Negotiation

Just about my hours to work. I stated that I would prefer days as I had children at home and they said that after training, they could do that, and they did.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed/casual, but lengthy. Took about an hour total. They have you complete an online test first - very simple stuff but takes a little time, then if you get past that, you wait until they call down a supervisor to interview you, which takes maybe 5 minutes total.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as the pay was a set rate & job is contracted w/ a potential full hire after a 90-day probation period.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial communications consists of simply contacting a hiring representative, or submitting an application online. After a phone call/conversation with front desk, you are sent an exam which evaluates logical reasoning, technical ability, and customer service experience. After the exam, you are requested to take a vocal audition via telephone.

If the exam is failed, the front desk or hiring representative will go over other options which are available If the exam is passed, you go on to the first interview. The first interview was simply based on previous experience, and why that can/will translate into a position within their company.

If you go further, you are moved to a second interview where you talk about more of the technical aspects, and where some questions can be asked regarding the company. Within twenty minutes of the second interview I had an offer given to me. After an offer was accepted, a drug test was preformed before new hire paperwork was sent.

After acceptance was finished and all paperwork was signed, training date was pushed back three months, which is a huge speed bumb, but wasn't avoidable.

Interview Questions

• "If a customer calls very frantically explaining that their laptop is no longer working due to water damage, and the company does not cover the damages in the warranty given, what would you say to them?"   1 Answer

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Long Beach, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

interview was easy..they will ask questions about you and how will your skills help the company grow..just be honest and very friendly. They will also give you scenarios and see how you will handle any situation given.could be how will you handle a situation when you have a problem with a co worker. also they will see if you are a team player.

Interview Questions

• how will you handle the situation when you have an issue with a co worker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Federal Way, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

If you can type 30 wpm and can keep a positive attitude when dealing with negative people on the phone this job is for you. I went to the office and conducted a typing test and personality test. Upon successful completion i was offered a job as long as I could pass a UA and background check.

Interview Questions

• How can you be sure you wont quit or run out of juice while working here and going to school?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Nashville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Simple, it was not very difficult. For the most part, we discussed the industry and the culture of the company. It was a consulting job, so most of it was based on the needs of the client.