Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affiliated Computer Services Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Federal Way, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had 1 interview with a gentlemen in slacks and a wrinkled collared shirt. I had to take a simple test which involved locating information on a website and taking a typing test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was informed pay rate was "Achievement Based Income" and I would 'control' my rate of pay.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

filled out an application, took a typing test, sat down with a supervisor and was told what the job was, there were no questions and the questions I typically ask in an interview were met with blank stares.

Information Security Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Lexington, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

Very laid back. they mainly wanted to know what i did at my current job and why i was leaving. i went in twice and was offered a job after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions. more about my personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Aim high. they don't give raises. Ever!

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Federal Way, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

applied online, got an email, then a phone call, then did there computer testing in there office, uploaded my high school diploma, brought in required ssc,drivers license ect.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Tigard, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

It seems most interviewees have responded to a Craigslist ad. The interview is very brief. I think most of the hiring decision is based on a computer test they give you testing basic typing and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negitiation. It was take it or leave it. Most of their interviewees are desperate for income, so why negotiate?

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Cherry Hill, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found me on Monster.com. After the initial phone screen my information was forwarded to the hiring managers at ACS. One week later I was scheduled for an interview. The interview lasted all of 25 minutes. The interviewer (will be my boss) was clearly rushed and not interested in the details of my experience. I was asked only one situational question. The rest was some idle chat about past experiences with call center employees.
    This is a contract position and it's clear to me that ACS will terminate anyone who does not work out. It's also clear that they will take any blooded creature who passes the initial smell test: eligible to work, articulate, & presentable.
    Although I have great skills & experience, my impression from the interview is that this is a call center mill. It should be a good place to hang out and fill in the employment gap while I continue looking for a better opportunity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is a contract positon (which is how they hire a vast majority of staff) with a flat hourly wage. There are no benefits.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Sandy, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

Applicants take a personality test, a typing test, and receive a personal interview unless their personality test shows too many adverse ("red") test responses. Don't say anything that would make you look bbad. That would be stupid.

Interview Questions

• "How can you earn a profit for my company?" This combines what they know about the company with what assets they would specifically bring to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Student Financial Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online, somebody called, I went to the large call center and was offered a job same day. Started following Monday. Very easy to obtain a job at ACS, at least at the Bakersfield location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO negotiation. Its a call center. You get paid next to nothing for most departments. However, my department pays $9.25 with no raises for team lead, assist, or anything really. Pretty sad.

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a referral, so that made it easier. The interview day was 4 hours, meeting with 6 people, and they took me to lunch. The negotiation process was via e-mail and a phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• Analyze this site, and tell me what you would change.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate $11,000 over my initial offer.
    Send them links of current salary averages for your position. If you feel you deserve higher than the average, clearly state why.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by call center manager and afterwards with one of the call center supervisors. Both asked basic interview questions. Very easy to talk to, both were very pleasant. Got an offer right away, was sent for drug screening, had to fill paperwork out and started within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how did you hear about us, why do you want to work here, etc   Answer Question