Affiliated Computer Services Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial communications consists of simply contacting a hiring representative, or submitting an application online. After a phone call/conversation with front desk, you are sent an exam which evaluates logical reasoning, technical ability, and customer service experience. After the exam, you are requested to take a vocal audition via telephone.

If the exam is failed, the front desk or hiring representative will go over other options which are available If the exam is passed, you go on to the first interview. The first interview was simply based on previous experience, and why that can/will translate into a position within their company.

If you go further, you are moved to a second interview where you talk about more of the technical aspects, and where some questions can be asked regarding the company. Within twenty minutes of the second interview I had an offer given to me. After an offer was accepted, a drug test was preformed before new hire paperwork was sent.

After acceptance was finished and all paperwork was signed, training date was pushed back three months, which is a huge speed bumb, but wasn't avoidable.

Interview Questions

• "If a customer calls very frantically explaining that their laptop is no longer working due to water damage, and the company does not cover the damages in the warranty given, what would you say to them?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Affiliated Computer Services

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services (Cary, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

They hire anyone that can pass a drug test and back ground test.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficulty. It was actually surprising that they are a minimum requirement facility because they hire as fast as they terminate and people leave because it is a difficult job that is rarely rewarding. (When management changes stats knowing there is a network being rebuilt and many things that the agent can not control. Be prepared to handle difficult people and situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Interview

Basic typing speed test and call simulator

Interview Questions

• If I could handle irate customers with a smile in my voice, no matter what verbal abuse they may give me   Answer Question