Affine Analytics Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affine Analytics Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Affine Analytics

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two rounds of Technical Interview, followed by a behavioral interview and a client interview. Technical rounds over the phone, unprofessional interviewers. Sometimes a junior resource can interview for positions senior to them ( seriously?). Will interview on SQL and Analytics skills.
   Unprofessional attitude and will try to prove you wrong at any cost.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Affine Analytics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (New York, NY).

Interview

A skype call was scheduled with two interviewer. That was the first round but there was no description of the interview. When the interview started, I got to know that there will be technical round and case studies. I was totally unprepared for a technical interview as it was the first round. I though it would be a resume walk through or screening. I asked the interviewer for feedback. They told me HR will give the feedback but I never heard back from anyone.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics in February 2012.

Interview

Interview at Affine involves multiple round. The first round with a candidate is just general know how on willingness to work in a challenging environment, relocation to client's site if required, comfort level with higher responsibilities (being a start-up company chances are higher that one will end up with more than expected responsibilities) etc. This round is just an overview on the profile candidate is applying and its suitability.
    The next round involves an interaction with the manager with whom the candidate will be working for multiple projects. Manager round basically tests the suitability of a candidate as a team player, various challenges faced and solution provided in previous projects, technical knowledge on basic, current awareness and know-how on upcoming fields like big data and various other platforms. (for analyst level positions a separate technical round is conducted)
    The third round happens with one of the founders who test the right fit with the company culture and generally involves a friendly interaction to provide a platform to know more about the company, its goal, people on the floor and culture they are building. Most of then not if a candidate has reached till third round he/she can rest assured 80% of work is done from his/her side.
    Last round is the HR round in which salary, location and profile is discussed in detail along with joining information (e.g. documents to carry, date of joining, relocation assistance etc.)

Interview Questions

• Few question which one can not expect includes (happened with me)
      - what if within a week of joining you are required to fly out to a client location. Will you be prepared enough to represent the company in front of client in such a short span of time?
      - 2-3 business case problems and presentation during the interview itself with a logical fact based solution
      - questions on decision making when you need to choose between ethics and reputation etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This company will not put you in a situation where you will feel to negotiate as most often then not the first offer itself is too good to decline.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2019.

Interview

1st- Telephonic
    2nd- Face to Face
    Manager was not comfortable in me asking about the bad reviews of the company's work culture in the glassdoor. Basis on that question, I was not selected. As a future employer, I would definitely wanted to know more about the company. If they are not willing to answer such questions, they should restrain themselves in asking for questions from candidates.

Consultant Interview

Interview

HR Screening Followed by Telephonic Skills and Technical Rounds. Interviewer was very unprofessional. It felt as if they were reading from a text book and expected text book responses to questions. I was given a small case to solve but before i could go into the details i was interrupted with the correct answer. Not many questions from resume or part experience.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but the person taking the interview seemed inexperienced.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was good. Tested technical and business skills. Case studies were given to solve. Situation questions were asked. There were 3 rounds of interview. 2 technical rounds and one HR round. Technical rounds were of average difficulty level. If you are good at case studies, you will easily make it through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Explain your role in the previous company
      Why are you looking out for change?
      You have a $500MM retail client and this year it has lost $100MM. How do you turn it around?
      How do you ensure there is no multicollinearity between variables?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a Smooth process. It starts with a telephonic discussion around expectations, role offered, relevance in experience etc followed by the Technical Round - Case Study discussion and deck making, Problem solution, Director 1x1 discussion, HR round, final offer

Interview Questions

• Knowledge on R, Statistics and SQL   1 Answer