Affine Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affine Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Affine Analytics

Analytics Consultant Interview

Interview

The most horrible experience ever. I would turn down the offer if offered one which they won't be offering anyway.

Initial talks with HR went well and a call was scheduled for the first technical round. The interviewer asked sometime to go through my resume after the call started and suddenly asked a vague question asking my analytics experience. I was asked some SQL queries like merging two columns without union, union all and insert into statements and 4 other SQL questions. When I was speaking my thoughts loud, interviewer asked me to speak in SQL language. I read the SQL query in air and interviewer wasn't convinced. He said, u rate yourself as 8/10 and cannot speak in SQL way ?
    On top of it, call got disconnected and the interviewer was complaining to HR that I disconnected the call. I was in the conference bridge telling an answer and discovered that no one is inline. I wrote to HR that I am still in line and the interviewer joined again.
    This is the best part :D he asked me about machine learning modeling and I bet, the interviewer does not even know about the variance. I spoke the ML language and he was not ready to accept my answers. He started behaving rude and commanding. I lost all the interest in the company at that time.

I wrote to HR that this isn't the workplace that I am looking for. Friends, I would never recommend this company to you. It's all bossism right from your first call. Holy crap !!

Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affine Analytics in December 2017.

Interview

Was one of the worst interview i have ever taken.The interviewer was rude and was never in a position to listen to what i was saying.Learn to respect the candidate before taking an interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about measurement metrics for logistic regression.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affine Analytics in July 2017.

Interview

First round was HR screening which involved resume walk-through in order to understand the background and skill-set. 2 weeks later HR scheduled a technical interview. This was a telephonic round. The interview was scheduled for 3pm, the interviewer called at 3pm and asked to postpone the interview by 3 hours. I generously agreed to reschedule. He did not even have the courtesy enough to thank me. During the interview, the interviewer was outright rude. He kept mocking at my answers which was extremely unprofessional. I think he needed to understand it gave a very bad impression about the company and it's culture. I lost interest in the interview by this interviewer's bad behaviour.

Interview Questions

• 1. SQL questions on joins, subqueries - pretty tricky.
      2. Explain any project from your resume completely - (they are basically looking for statistical modeling, the interviewer did not care for business objective or business knowledge)
      3. Questions on regression, classification modeling, predictive modeling
      4. Questions on R programming - difference between vector and dataframe, difference between sapply, apply and tapply   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I would categorize this as the worst interview of my life, not based on my knowledge but overall interview experience. The HR team was adamant in scheduling a call and would reach out only 24 hours before the interview. They scheduled my interview at 1PM on a weekday. For those who are working professionals, this timeslot is ridiculous. Even when I asked them to postpone a little bit, they postponed it by exact 24 hours which didn't help eventually as I had to abruptly move out of office just to take this stupid phone round.

The interviewer was a total maniac. I really wonder (if he's on a VISA), how the United States issued him one in the first place. He asked a wide variety of questions to me with the only problem being, none of them related to the role I was interviewing for. I got a feeling that he was deliberately asking questions that I would fail to answer. One thing I noticed well before the interview was that he was adding all my other connections on LinkedIn and asking them if they would like to join his company and that he would refer them. So my conclusion was that he was rejecting everyone who he did not refer (which is so childish) just to get the referral bonus. This guy was playing with the people's career and such people should be laid off immediately.

And because his company has failed to identify such a ridiculous employee, I feel everyone in this company belongs to the same category and I won't be surprised if this company runs out of business soon. They would have got it on to themselves by their own doing.

Interview Questions

• SQL Administrator questions for a consulting role (seriously?)   1 Answer
    • Tricky SQL questions which will never have a real world business case.   Answer Question
    • Asked me Machine Learning questions and tried to prove my project crappy despite me getting an A grade for that project.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Affine Analytics in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was scheduled by someone from India. The interviewer was very rude and was in no mood to listen what I was trying to say. His questions were tricky SQL questions which can be found on internet. But he was furious when I gave the right answer to one of the questions. Looked like he wanted me to fail. His intentions were not to select a candidate, but reject the candidate based on his fixed set of questions. The ideal motive of an interviewer should be understand what the candidate has to offer and then decide if he can be a good fit for the role or not. It was very clear that he did not wanted to hire me from the first sentence. Then why did I get a call in the first place? That does not state good things about company's processes. The experience was really bad. I was happy that I was not selected. I don't know what work culture they have. Very negative!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interviewer was so rude. Does not know the etiquette to interview. He did not like when I answered things correctly. He was waiting to prove things wrong. Did not give the time to talk. Interviewer had poor connection and the call was disconnecting every now and then. Please don't interview with this company. They have ambitious people from offshore who do not want people to join the company from the US.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics in January 2015.

Interview

Three to four technical rounds with questions focused on basic and advances statistics, SQL, R, Python and multiple business case studies. This is followed by one final round with director and above.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two rounds of Technical Interview, followed by a behavioral interview and a client interview. Technical rounds over the phone, unprofessional interviewers. Sometimes a junior resource can interview for positions senior to them ( seriously?). Will interview on SQL and Analytics skills.
       Unprofessional attitude and will try to prove you wrong at any cost.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (New York, NY).

Interview

A skype call was scheduled with two interviewer. That was the first round but there was no description of the interview. When the interview started, I got to know that there will be technical round and case studies. I was totally unprepared for a technical interview as it was the first round. I though it would be a resume walk through or screening. I asked the interviewer for feedback. They told me HR will give the feedback but I never heard back from anyone.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics in February 2012.

Interview

Interview at Affine involves multiple round. The first round with a candidate is just general know how on willingness to work in a challenging environment, relocation to client's site if required, comfort level with higher responsibilities (being a start-up company chances are higher that one will end up with more than expected responsibilities) etc. This round is just an overview on the profile candidate is applying and its suitability.
    The next round involves an interaction with the manager with whom the candidate will be working for multiple projects. Manager round basically tests the suitability of a candidate as a team player, various challenges faced and solution provided in previous projects, technical knowledge on basic, current awareness and know-how on upcoming fields like big data and various other platforms. (for analyst level positions a separate technical round is conducted)
    The third round happens with one of the founders who test the right fit with the company culture and generally involves a friendly interaction to provide a platform to know more about the company, its goal, people on the floor and culture they are building. Most of then not if a candidate has reached till third round he/she can rest assured 80% of work is done from his/her side.
    Last round is the HR round in which salary, location and profile is discussed in detail along with joining information (e.g. documents to carry, date of joining, relocation assistance etc.)

Interview Questions

• Few question which one can not expect includes (happened with me)
      - what if within a week of joining you are required to fly out to a client location. Will you be prepared enough to represent the company in front of client in such a short span of time?
      - 2-3 business case problems and presentation during the interview itself with a logical fact based solution
      - questions on decision making when you need to choose between ethics and reputation etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This company will not put you in a situation where you will feel to negotiate as most often then not the first offer itself is too good to decline.