Affine Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affine Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Affine Analytics

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Affine Analytics.

Interview

The interview questions were easy but the interviewer was very rude. The HR rounds were around 30min and were as usual. But the guy who took the technical interview was really arrogant and rude. It started with the regular tell me about yourself. He started questioning when I started explaining my projects. He seemed to be unsatisfied with the way I was explainng my work. Every time I tried to explain in a different manner, he started interrupting me saying, "Is this how you explain your project?", "I dont want to know about your data". He interrupted me thrice before I finally took a pause and started fresh. During the sql questions, he said, " Do you know my questions beforehand?". Candidates who are looking for a job are bound to answer questions with ease because they have been prepairing daily, at least for simole questions like joining two tables.
    My interview went ok, I answered all the questions correctly, finally I got a reject.

Interview Questions

• Simole questions like self join and unions. A little bit about machine learning algorithms.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, USA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (San Jose, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

The process took 2 months. HR contacted me a month before my graduation and after first technical interview I was communicated that I've qualified for second. They did schedule the second one till one month after which I had to push them to get the process done. After 2nd round, the VP calls me and says that I have cracked the interview and that they'll place me with one of their biggest client (Seattle) as Senior Analyst. I got 2 days to accept the offer (very little time) and a week after accepting the offer I am informed about being sent to another location which they haven't finalized (it's 5 days before my joining I've no clue where I'm going).
    I wouldn't recommend this company - HR operates from India and may call you at night for scheduling interviews, VP treats candidates condescendingly and utterly mismanaged interview and placement process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview as a first round. I attended the interview without much preparation hence could not qualify But, overall it was a good interview experience.
    They asked me the questions mostly on Java OOPs concept, Java Collections, Linked List, Design Pattern - Singleton and MVC and about my current company's project.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through referral. The first round was telephonic and was completely puzzle and brain-teaser round, they asked me to explain about the current job.
    Next round was Case-study. 2 days time was given to give a presentation.
    The third round was with one of the co-founders. He talked about the job responsibilities and gave another case-study to be solved in 3-4 days.
    I sent the case-study and they never reviewed it. After several follow-ups I received an email saying they will not be able to offer a position.
    The whole process took over a month.

Interview Questions

• Case study- Predict the sales of a consumer electronics company in terms of number of units on day-basis in India   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Three Rounds in total -
    1) Telephonic - Previous project, SQL,Regression & Stats(basic)
    2) Face to Face - Previous project,R,Puzzles
    3) Face to Face - case study and general discussion
    4) HR discussion ( My current salary was on a bit of higher side so I guess they didn't make any offer)

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

The entire hiring process was quite streamlined. Much contrary to other reviews on Glassdoor, the interview panel of 3 were quite understanding, calm and relaxed and gave me enough opportunities to answer and explain.

The HR round was also fun, where it was more like a discussion and less like an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Mostly questions around previous projects done in the current organization.
      2. Business case study - expected high-level approach towards the problem.
      3. A few SQL questions.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Affine Analytics.

Interview

It had three rounds. Written,group discussion and personal interview. Written exam had mcq questions which were of average difficulty level and based on your subjects. Group discussion topics were mostly abstract. Personal interview was mostly questions from your subject and puzzles.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Affine Analytics.

Interview

An amazing positive vibe could be felt among the recruiters as you sit through the whole process of the recruitment which included the a ppt, a GD and the PIs. The overall process started with the technical cum aptitude test online which was pretty decent with average difficulty, followed by the GD and later the PI which was of two rounds, for me both the PIs were based on technical and business related questions and a few puzzles too.
    Just be honest with what you put forward in your resume and what you say.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to code a problem to find out palindromic substrings with in a string. ( Was so nervous coded ended up embarrassing myself with a horrible code).   Answer Question

Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raurkela (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Raurkela (India)) in November 2018.

Interview

1. Online test consists of aptitude problems and some basic coding program to write in any editor
    2. Group discussion - Topic was "Is bitcoins necessary in future" and there were 10 members in each group.
    3. Personal interview was all about puzzles and guesstimate
    Also HR qustions

Interview Questions

• Can u estimate how many street lights are there in ur campus   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

HR Screening Followed by Telephonic Skills and Technical Rounds. Interviewer was very unprofessional. It felt as if they were reading from a text book and expected text book responses to questions. I was given a small case to solve but before i could go into the details i was interrupted with the correct answer. Not many questions from resume or part experience.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but the person taking the interview seemed inexperienced.   Answer Question