Affine Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affine Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Affine Analytics

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks.
    Interview at Affine involves multiple round. The first round with a candidate is just general know how on willingness to work in a challenging environment, relocation to client's site if required, comfort level with higher responsibilities (being a start-up company chances are higher that one will end up with more than expected responsibilities) etc. This round is just an overview on the profile candidate is applying and its suitability.

Interview Questions

• Three to four technical rounds with questions focused on basic and advances statistics, SQL, R, Python and multiple business case studies. This is followed by one final round with director and above   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was 1 written, 2 interview - 1 technical, 1 puzzle; 1 skype interview. The written test consists of question from python, sql, big data, hadoop, algo, maths. It was easy.

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was challenging and quite a few guesstimates and puzzles were asked. The written test was also quite challenging and one needs to master aptitude questions. All in all, the usual preparation should help a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of fans in the hostels of IIT Kharagpur ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Started from a written test which was comprised of SQL, Excel, Statistics and DI. Level of questions was above average.

Post written, they called for 1st interview round, again assessment on SQL, Excel and Analytical knowledge.
    Next came, the second round of interview, where again drilled deeper into analytical approach and problem solving skills.

Above three rounds took my entire day around 8 hrs.
    At the end, someone from their hiring team came and told me... You are selected, HR will call you on Monday.
    I didn't got call on Monday.
    Tuesday morning, they called, discussed the offer expectations. Later again they called and said , they are putting my profile on hold.

This was so disgusting experience overall...like they have already asked my expectations before the starting of the process, and finally they think they won't be able to offer that much.
    Complete waste of time.
    Didn't liked their process even.

Overall bad experience. Would not recommend.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics.

Interview

I first received a call from a recruitment agency for my consent to forward my profile to the company's talent acquisition team, after an initial telephonic screening round with the company's HR,

First round - This was online, the interview was scheduled for an hour, however, it is extended to 2 hours. Technical questions were asked and it was a good experience

2nd round - For the second round, the interview continued for about 90 mins with mostly discussion around technical skills and few behavioral questions.

Now comes the weird part, I get no response from the company's HR even after a week's time, after I followup with them, I was told I'm shortlisted and I will be contacted soon to discuss compensation related details and I was asked if there is a chance to shorten my notice period by 1 month and join Affine.

Couple days pass and I don't hear back from them, so i called them again, this time I am told "You aren't selected, because you didn't get through the second round held last Friday", but the hilarious part is I never had an interview last Friday.

Have been through quite a few interviews but haven't seen such behaviour in any other organisation that I've interviewed earlier.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Predictive modelling, SQL and advanced Excel, tableau   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

I received a call from consultancy informing that my resume got short listed for Affine Analytics and there will be an interview scheduled on so and so date.

In Interview call letter HR mentioned it will be a Face to Face interview.
    When I reached at the office there were so many people and I came to know it was a recruitment drive.They started conducting written test batch by batch.
    I wonder similar question papers for every job openings.(Sr.Business Analyst,Consultant,Data Scientist etc.)

There were 4 sections
    1. Excel
    2. SQL
    3.Statistics
    4. Data Interpretation

Interview Questions

• Excel questions includes the usage if IF..ELSE,MATCH(),VLOOKUP() etc..   Answer Question
    • SQL mostly focused Date and Time based questions and advance SQL like OVER PARTTION BY(),gropu by etc   Answer Question
    • Statistics questions was completely based on data science stream Like ANOVA When we will use ANOVA, TIMESERIES ANALYSIS,Hypothesis testing ,Logistic regression   Answer Question
    • A stacked bar chart was given for analysis of GDP for two countries   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

After initial screening I got an invite for F2F round. First Round is Aptitude followed by Technical Round and HR.
    Aptitude was very tough. Excel questions were easy. SQL was tough
    Questions

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2019.

Interview

1st- Telephonic
    2nd- Face to Face
    Manager was not comfortable in me asking about the bad reviews of the company's work culture in the glassdoor. Basis on that question, I was not selected. As a future employer, I would definitely wanted to know more about the company. If they are not willing to answer such questions, they should restrain themselves in asking for questions from candidates.

Analytics Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Koramangala (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Koramangala (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

2 rounds, one with Delivery Manager and another one with Senior Manager.

Both the rounds were positive and then, HR communicated that we will have salary discussions with you the next day. After 4-5 days, I get to know that it was a reject because Sr. Manager presumed something that he didn’t even ask me in the interview (like ability to handle bigger teams, performance in pressurised situations etc.). Piece of advice to the management - Be honest with the process and test the candidate on the interview questions that you ask. Don’t presume anything or everything.

Interview Questions

• 1. Resume based
      2. Past projects