Affine Analytics Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affine Analytics Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Affine Analytics

3.4

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affine Analytics in July 2017.

Interview

First round was HR screening which involved resume walk-through in order to understand the background and skill-set. 2 weeks later HR scheduled a technical interview. This was a telephonic round. The interview was scheduled for 3pm, the interviewer called at 3pm and asked to postpone the interview by 3 hours. I generously agreed to reschedule. He did not even have the courtesy enough to thank me. During the interview, the interviewer was outright rude. He kept mocking at my answers which was extremely unprofessional. I think he needed to understand it gave a very bad impression about the company and it's culture. I lost interest in the interview by this interviewer's bad behaviour.

Interview Questions

• 1. SQL questions on joins, subqueries - pretty tricky.
    2. Explain any project from your resume completely - (they are basically looking for statistical modeling, the interviewer did not care for business objective or business knowledge)
    3. Questions on regression, classification modeling, predictive modeling
    4. Questions on R programming - difference between vector and dataframe, difference between sapply, apply and tapply   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Affine Analytics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I would categorize this as the worst interview of my life, not based on my knowledge but overall interview experience. The HR team was adamant in scheduling a call and would reach out only 24 hours before the interview. They scheduled my interview at 1PM on a weekday. For those who are working professionals, this timeslot is ridiculous. Even when I asked them to postpone a little bit, they postponed it by exact 24 hours which didn't help eventually as I had to abruptly move out of office just to take this stupid phone round.

The interviewer was a total maniac. I really wonder (if he's on a VISA), how the United States issued him one in the first place. He asked a wide variety of questions to me with the only problem being, none of them related to the role I was interviewing for. I got a feeling that he was deliberately asking questions that I would fail to answer. One thing I noticed well before the interview was that he was adding all my other connections on LinkedIn and asking them if they would like to join his company and that he would refer them. So my conclusion was that he was rejecting everyone who he did not refer (which is so childish) just to get the referral bonus. This guy was playing with the people's career and such people should be laid off immediately.

And because his company has failed to identify such a ridiculous employee, I feel everyone in this company belongs to the same category and I won't be surprised if this company runs out of business soon. They would have got it on to themselves by their own doing.

Interview Questions

• SQL Administrator questions for a consulting role (seriously?)   1 Answer
    • Tricky SQL questions which will never have a real world business case.   Answer Question
    • Asked me Machine Learning questions and tried to prove my project crappy despite me getting an A grade for that project.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Affine Analytics in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was scheduled by someone from India. The interviewer was very rude and was in no mood to listen what I was trying to say. His questions were tricky SQL questions which can be found on internet. But he was furious when I gave the right answer to one of the questions. Looked like he wanted me to fail. His intentions were not to select a candidate, but reject the candidate based on his fixed set of questions. The ideal motive of an interviewer should be understand what the candidate has to offer and then decide if he can be a good fit for the role or not. It was very clear that he did not wanted to hire me from the first sentence. Then why did I get a call in the first place? That does not state good things about company's processes. The experience was really bad. I was happy that I was not selected. I don't know what work culture they have. Very negative!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interviewer was so rude. Does not know the etiquette to interview. He did not like when I answered things correctly. He was waiting to prove things wrong. Did not give the time to talk. Interviewer had poor connection and the call was disconnecting every now and then. Please don't interview with this company. They have ambitious people from offshore who do not want people to join the company from the US.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Three Rounds in total -
    1) Telephonic - Previous project, SQL,Regression & Stats(basic)
    2) Face to Face - Previous project,R,Puzzles
    3) Face to Face - case study and general discussion
    4) HR discussion ( My current salary was on a bit of higher side so I guess they didn't make any offer)

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

The entire hiring process was quite streamlined. Much contrary to other reviews on Glassdoor, the interview panel of 3 were quite understanding, calm and relaxed and gave me enough opportunities to answer and explain.

The HR round was also fun, where it was more like a discussion and less like an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Mostly questions around previous projects done in the current organization.
      2. Business case study - expected high-level approach towards the problem.
      3. A few SQL questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

After initial screening I got an invite for F2F round. First Round is Aptitude followed by Technical Round and HR.
    Aptitude was very tough. Excel questions were easy. SQL was tough
    Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

I received a call from consultancy informing that my resume got short listed for Affine Analytics and there will be an interview scheduled on so and so date.

In Interview call letter HR mentioned it will be a Face to Face interview.
    When I reached at the office there were so many people and I came to know it was a recruitment drive.They started conducting written test batch by batch.
    I wonder similar question papers for every job openings.(Sr.Business Analyst,Consultant,Data Scientist etc.)

There were 4 sections
    1. Excel
    2. SQL
    3.Statistics
    4. Data Interpretation

Interview Questions

• Excel questions includes the usage if IF..ELSE,MATCH(),VLOOKUP() etc..   Answer Question
    • SQL mostly focused Date and Time based questions and advance SQL like OVER PARTTION BY(),gropu by etc   Answer Question
    • Statistics questions was completely based on data science stream Like ANOVA When we will use ANOVA, TIMESERIES ANALYSIS,Hypothesis testing ,Logistic regression   Answer Question
    • A stacked bar chart was given for analysis of GDP for two countries   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Affine Analytics (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Started from a written test which was comprised of SQL, Excel, Statistics and DI. Level of questions was above average.

Post written, they called for 1st interview round, again assessment on SQL, Excel and Analytical knowledge.
    Next came, the second round of interview, where again drilled deeper into analytical approach and problem solving skills.

Above three rounds took my entire day around 8 hrs.
    At the end, someone from their hiring team came and told me... You are selected, HR will call you on Monday.
    I didn't got call on Monday.
    Tuesday morning, they called, discussed the offer expectations. Later again they called and said , they are putting my profile on hold.

This was so disgusting experience overall...like they have already asked my expectations before the starting of the process, and finally they think they won't be able to offer that much.
    Complete waste of time.
    Didn't liked their process even.

Overall bad experience. Would not recommend.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affine Analytics.

Interview

I first received a call from a recruitment agency for my consent to forward my profile to the company's talent acquisition team, after an initial telephonic screening round with the company's HR,

First round - This was online, the interview was scheduled for an hour, however, it is extended to 2 hours. Technical questions were asked and it was a good experience

2nd round - For the second round, the interview continued for about 90 mins with mostly discussion around technical skills and few behavioral questions.

Now comes the weird part, I get no response from the company's HR even after a week's time, after I followup with them, I was told I'm shortlisted and I will be contacted soon to discuss compensation related details and I was asked if there is a chance to shorten my notice period by 1 month and join Affine.

Couple days pass and I don't hear back from them, so i called them again, this time I am told "You aren't selected, because you didn't get through the second round held last Friday", but the hilarious part is I never had an interview last Friday.

Have been through quite a few interviews but haven't seen such behaviour in any other organisation that I've interviewed earlier.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Predictive modelling, SQL and advanced Excel, tableau   Answer Question