Affinion Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affinion Group (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. The hiring manager just talked about what the company do as a whole and the position that I applied to. And also asked about my past work experience. I also spoke with couple team members about how the team works and what are the day to day work process.

Interview Questions

• How is the experience you had in the past help you in the current position?
      General question about past work experience.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affinion Group (Westerville, OH).

Interview

Very quick hiring process. You can apply inside and get an interview the same day. The recruiter takes you to her office, asks you to read a script, tells you about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Affinion Group (Stamford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

Worst. HR. EVER!

I received a call from HR late in the day on a Monday (call this Day 1 of the process). Since I wasn't home, she left me a message to return her call. The next morning (Tuesday), I returned her call and left her a message. No response. On Friday of that week (Day 5), I called again and left another message. No response. The following Wednesday, I called again and left a third message. No immediate response.

I finally received a call back from her that Friday, 11 days after she first contacted me. Again, she called late in the day and I was not available. This time she left me a message with a list of times she was available for that following Monday and told me to email her over the weekend with a time from that list that would work for me. I emailed her saying 10:30am on Monday would be great because I had to leave by 11:15.

10:30am on Monday came and went with no call. At about noon she emailed me asking if I had availability later in the day. I did not but told her I was available the following day (Tuesday, Day 16). We finally spoke on Tuesday morning during which she said she would like to set up an interview with the hiring managers for that Thursday but she was going to have to talk to the managers about the possibility of rearranging their schedules to make it work. She said she would contact me later that day to let me know the details.

I did not hear back from her on Tuesday. I did not hear back from her on Wednesday so I tried contacting her. No response. I did not hear back from her on Thursday so I tried contacting her again. No response. I didn't finally hear back from her until Friday of that week (3 days later, Day 19) when she told me that she set up the interview for the following Tuesday (Day 23).

The interview, itself was not a big deal. I met with her and three people from the department I'd be working in: the hiring manager, another manager, and the VP of the dept. Each interview was about 30 minutes. It was a pretty typical interview. I was there for just over 2 hours.

About a week after the interview, I emailed the HR person asking for the status on the hiring decision. Can you guess what happened next? That's right, class...NO RESPONSE.

As you can see, there was a complete lack of professionalism and consideration for my time on the part of HR through the entire process. (1) She called me, yet it took 3 calls from me and almost two weeks before she called me back. (2) She blew off our initial phone conversation that was scheduled based on her availability. (3) When we finally did speak, she said she was going to get back to me the same day with the interview details. I didn't hear from her for over 3 days. (4) Post-interview, I asked for an update on the hiring decision that was completely ignored.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affinion Group (Franklin, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was rather easy. Not too many questions and little job description given. The managers would provide a job description but the description changes from day to day. The benefits were an important key to me excepting the position.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Affinion Group (Norwalk, CT) in May 2007.

Interview

There were several steps involved, including interviews with more than one person. Focus of the interview was definitely on the resume itself and my specific skills more so than my personal experience. I had several very qualified friends interview and they were not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak any other languages?   Answer Question
    • I see that you have past sales experience, how would that contribute to a position here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was an iternship I was happy I was paid at all...a lot of internships now are unpaid. I didnt do any negotiating

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Affinion Group in December 2008.

Interview

Demonstrating technical proficiency for requirements was not difficult given my experience. Difficulty arose when asked whether I would accept a subordinate position. It may have been designed to reveal my willingness and attitude to be a team player or I was better qualified as a technician as opposed to a technical and general manager.

Interview Questions

• Would I accept a position a level lower than the interview position.   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Affinion Group in July 2013.

Interview

The 1st interveiw was short. She already knew I had experience, So we went over salary and benefits. She then wanted me to come back in and interveiw with a supervisor. I went 2 days later and there wasn't a supervisor there for me to interveiw with...waste of gas! Then we set it up for another day and the the day before she was calling me asking me where I was. I called her back and told her it was for the next day. The interveiw withe supervisor was ok. She kept referring totheir software they use which I knew nothing about! She did ask me how I felt about upselling and getting customer to buy more and rebuttals. To me they say no it means no that is a good way to lose customers by giving them rebuttals! But she spoke Greek to me most of the time like I knew what travel tools they use!

Interview Questions

• Not any difficult questions ( same old thing tell me about a time you had a difficult customer!) Uh did you not look at my resume? I was a supervisor for priceline.com where the anser is no to everything!   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotation

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affinion Group (Westerville, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

On the day of the interview I met with Melissa. Right after the interview they made me take a test. A few more minutes after I saw her again and I was also interview by one of the Team Leads (Supervisors) and after that, they made me an offer. All on the same day.

Negotiation

The salary was not negotiable. Nor was the schedule and as far as I know, they won't be able to consider you if you tell them you are not able to work on Sundays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Affinion Group (Westerville, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

you have to take a test for employment that has nothing to do with the job you are applying for, after meeting with a HR person they make you read a couple of paragraphs and then say they will get back to you

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here again -   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Affinion Group.

Interview

Easy, phone call then in person interview & then I was offered.

Asked you understood the job duties. It's ambiguous. The job is more sales than anything. That information wasn't shared drug the interview

Paid only $14/hr

Interview Questions

• If you understand the job duties   1 Answer