Affirma Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.4

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affirma Consulting (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Good problem solving and design related questions. Interviewer has good command in the subject. I was asked to use whiteboard to solve all questions. Overall interview went very well and satisfactory.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Affirma Consulting (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Thorough interview process. Initially contacted by a recruiter and screened by recruiter. Then Skype interviews with sales team, the CEO, and an in office visit at headquarters. At the in office visit I met with about one dozen people and they all chatted with me. They asked great questions, it flowed really well and the interviews felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Affirma Consulting.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. The recruiter gave me an over view of the company and when asked about my comp range, said that the role would have a maximum budget. I stated I was open to the range, even though lower than what I had been making. I was asked to put a project plan together based on a senario and email it back to them. After I submitted it, didn't hear back for a couple of days. Couple days later recouved a phone call and was invited to interview with some folks and waited for the email confirmation with times. Days went by and then received a call confirming the dates where I told the recruiter that I never received the dates. The recruiter realized then that she forgot to email me and I had essentially missed the interview day. A whole other week went by till I eventually interviewed with 3 folks and as I was headed to the car, received a call that they were impressed and invited me back to interview with the hiring manager but she wasn't available till the following week. I confirmed the time. Revived a call the following day that it needed to be pushed out another 2 days. Finally met with the hiring manager and walked away feeling good. The following day I was asked for 5 references. A whole week went by where some of my references were contacted. By the end of the week, after I followed up, I was told I was over qualified. The whole process took 3 for them to determine I was over qualified.

Interview Questions

Affirma Consulting Response

May 23, 2016 – Director of Recruiting

Thanks so much for your insight and our sincere apologies for the scheduling mix up. We truly value your time, and appreciate you considering us as a potential employer. Feedback like this helps us... More

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. Relaxed interview with Principal.

Rather Not Disclose Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Affirma Consulting (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Initial communication was a phone screening, after that conversation concluded, I was invited for an in person interview. The interview was very casual, mainly consisting of questions of how I would take experiences from other companies I have worked for and apply them to the position I interviewed for. Day after my interview, I was offered the position and have been here ever since.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you what you know about the company so be prepared and do your research PRIOR to your interview.   1 Answer

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Affirma Consulting (Redmond, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume via an add on Craigslist and received a phone call the next day. In the initial phone call she introduced herself and told me about the company, which sounded very good. She then went on to describe the position and scheduled me for a tech interview the next day. She was very friendly, informed and fun to talk to. The tech interview the next day went well with medium level tech questions such as differences between the stack and the heap, etc. The next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager at Microsoft. More in depth questions here about Azure and relational databases. They scheduled a formal interview for me a few days later which went well.

Interview Questions

• This came from the project architect. Something about speeding trains on a collision course and a bird flying back and forth between them. I eventually figured it out after sweating over trying to remember my calculus. It turns out there was an easy solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had two offers in the same day and was able to leverage them for a good outcome.

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I interviewed at Affirma Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by someone for an initial in person interview. The interview was in person with one of the owners of the team and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was a very personality driven interview, relaxed and challenging at the same time. There were quite a few questions on data (How many calls/week would I make, how many meetings, how many filled positions/month, etc). I left being told that I would be contacted with next steps.

My second interview was particularly interesting. They asked if I would come to a happy hour with a few team members and one of the owners again. That was much more relaxed, obviously, but was a way for them to explore my goals, ideas, and social skills.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Affirma Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

They do a phone screen which is basically going over your resume and seeing if you would like to come in. If they call you they pretty much know they want to move you on to the next round. So just be honest and don't stress the call because its not that big of a deal.

Then next call will most likely be with the hiring manager or a senior person... be friendly!!!

Interview Questions

• I don't remember really much of them its more whats your experience   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Affirma Consulting (Bellevue, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

I got an interview through professional networking and a two-way referral. The hiring manager called me and scheduled an interview for the following week. I had a simple 1:1 interview, negotiated salary and accepted a job offer the same day.
    I would call this an exception to the general hiring and interviewing process. This is not something that you should expect in your interview.
    I witnessed other candidates for other positions (after I was hired) come back and interview two or more times.

Interview Questions

• The general open ended questions are the questions that I was asked; such as, "tell me about your technical expertise," or "tell me about yourself," "tell me how you will be an asset to our company," etc. Again, not the usual interview. It was very laid back and strait forward.
      Therefore I don't have a point of reference to help out a potential interviewee.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary. I told them what I expected (which was very reasonable), and they met me there. I can't say this will hold true for every negotiation.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affirma Consulting.

Interview

The interview process is very friendly and kinda informal.
    You would be asked questions about your personality, related work experience, and why are you interested in this position.

Interview Questions

• how I will run a promotion campaign with a very limited budget   Answer Question