Affymetrix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Affymetrix Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with key members of the team. It was intimidating because there were about 10 members in a round desk including myself asking questions in a sort of 'rapid fire' way.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on my past lab experience (e.g. PCR). Not too focused on technical but more so a personality fit assessment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clarita, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Group interview. They asked me questions related to my resume. The manager explained what my role would be and what their expectations are. They has a particular set of skills they were looking for, it seemed. Overall I think I did well.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience as a RA   1 Answer

Negotiation

You could ask questions about the term of employment.

Temporary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their website. Was called by the hiring manager directly soon after without prior email. Was told about the job and the duties to see if I would be interested, what my availability is, etc. Also brought up mutual alma mater. Set up a time to come in and meet the product manager and see the office. Was offered the position immediately and was flexible with start date in order to finish up current contract

Document Control Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview

No phone interview was just called in for a face to face interview. They were nice but joked about morbid things like people committing suicide off the 805 freeway. They were very laid back.

Interview Questions

Affymetrix Response

Jul 7, 2015 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition and HRBP

Thank you for providing feedback. We wish you the best of luck in your search!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Good and standard interview process. I had 2 phone interviews and then was called in twice for in person interviews at the Santa Clara office and spoke with with 3 different people each time.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Affymetrix (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They emailed me to do a 1:1 interview. The first round of interview was with the HR. It was a short interview of 20 minutes. Then the HR sent me to do the next round of interview was with the future supervisor.

Interview Questions

• HR asked basic behavioral questions such as strengths and weaknesses, and the supervisor asked more of the technical questions such as when did you acquire a skill.   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview

The initial phone screen was about 30 minutes with the internal recruiter. Afterwards, I had an in-person interview with the Manager, Controller, and the HR Director. Questions were mostly behavioral.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process, was very well organized and professional. HR asked very important questions of me, and seemed very engaged. Made me feel comfortable. Asked very appropriate questions. Very professional experience!

Interview Questions

Affymetrix Response

Oct 29, 2014 – Mgr, Global Staffing & HRBP

I'm glad that your interview felt comfortable. We try to achieve the best experience for all of our Candidates. Thank you for your review.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Affymetrix.

Interview

I had two round phone interview and one onsite interview, and I'm still waiting for reply . The managers are very friendly. I hope to join this company as it has very good reputation.

Interview Questions

• They will have Intelligence Test during onsite interview which I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Sep 30, 2014 – Mgr, Global Staffing & HRBP

Thank you for your interest in Affymetrix. I hope by now you have received confirmation on where you are at with regards to the interview process. If not please send an email to... More

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

This was for Lab Services, specifically for the "Axiom" team. The interview was very pleasant and not difficult. Mostly people my age so everyone was pretty friendly. They also asked standard interview questions. You just need to know what you put on your resume and be able to answer questions about your past jobs.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as strengths and weaknesses etc   Answer Question