Affymetrix Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Affymetrix Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with key members of the team. It was intimidating because there were about 10 members in a round desk including myself asking questions in a sort of 'rapid fire' way.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on my past lab experience (e.g. PCR). Not too focused on technical but more so a personality fit assessment.   1 Answer

Temporary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their website. Was called by the hiring manager directly soon after without prior email. Was told about the job and the duties to see if I would be interested, what my availability is, etc. Also brought up mutual alma mater. Set up a time to come in and meet the product manager and see the office. Was offered the position immediately and was flexible with start date in order to finish up current contract

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Good and standard interview process. I had 2 phone interviews and then was called in twice for in person interviews at the Santa Clara office and spoke with with 3 different people each time.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

This was for Lab Services, specifically for the "Axiom" team. The interview was very pleasant and not difficult. Mostly people my age so everyone was pretty friendly. They also asked standard interview questions. You just need to know what you put on your resume and be able to answer questions about your past jobs.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions such as strengths and weaknesses etc   Answer Question

Marketing Automation and Campaigns Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was then contacted by the HR person and had a short interview with her. Then I was called in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people, two of whom had a say in the decision making process. The interview continued for about an hour.

It took them 6 months to respond that they made a decision. During that time I checked multiple times with their recruiter. This was not expected as they had said they were looking to hire asap.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about Eloqua & Salesforce but nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Affymetrix Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Mgr, Global Staffing & HRBP

Thank you for your review. I apologize that it took 6 months for a response. We will try out best to communicate timeline changes as they come up.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Dropped resume and cover letter at job fair. Phone interview occurred 5 months later, followed by a 1:1 interview with Human Resource recruiter. Call-back a few days later resulted in 1:1 with Director of research group, then "360" interviews with coworkers and VP level management. Hired as temp; pushed for permanent status after 3mos and was accepted based on track record over temp employment period.

Interview Questions

• Had to explain undergrad research project and diagram examples.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be an advocate for yourself. Active negotiation of salary, hours, and responsibilities are possible. Passive acceptance of initial offer will result in lower pay if you are not assertive.

Marketing Automation With Salesforce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had one phone interview with an HR person which went fine. Then I had an in person interview with 3 people, two of whom were decision makers. The person in that position was going to report to the Director of Sales but it felt that the person who had more weight in the decision making process was the VP of Marketing. I think they hadn't defined what exactly this position was going to be. Like somebody else mentioned about their interview, It took them 6 months to get back to me, even though they wanted to hire asap. During that time I kept inquiring with the HR person, and heard back once or twice. Then they contacted me 6 months later to let me know I didn't get an offer. The wait time and the manner in which they proceeded after the second interview was very unprofessional.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Internal position. Heard the person in the position had left, so I directly emailed the manager my resume and indicated I had been waiting for the position to open since I started working for the company (in a get my foot in the door position). They said they would look externally as well. I interviewed with 5 people from upper management, product marketing, to VP of sales. In total the process took 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a non-commisioned positions, how do you feel having your position stability based on obtaining your sales number?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. They offered and i accepted their terms because I felt they were beyond reasonable

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

After twelve in person interviews taking over eight unpaid hours, they decided that I should have two more phone interviews. Then rather than getting offered a permanent position suddenly the opportunity turned into a contracting position (the biggest red flag ever) . After providing even further references while they worked out the paperwork. I worked two weeks, well over sixteen hours a day, to be told they weren't ready to commit to me? In retrospect, I saw problems from the start, I should of passed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Confusing ...permanent consulting.....pass this place up.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Affymetrix (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Summer Intern Program
    Phone Interview with HR and Hiring Manger
    On-site Interview with Hiring manager and seniors (2) of the department

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing