Afilias Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Afilias Interview Questions

Interviews at Afilias

2.6

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Afilias.

Interview

I got the interviews through a recruitment agency. good communication, relaxed environment, respectful culture. smooth process. phone call and 1-1 interview which took around 40 minutes. they were looking for a specific experience.

Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Afilias (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Phone interview 1 hr and a 3 hour on site interview with the team, a related team and a senior manager. The overall experience of the interview was positive and it looked like a great place to work however they took a very long time to get back to me before deciding not to offer it and re-adverrise.

Costumer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Afilias (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, first they explained everything about the company and job related position, how the department was very recent in the company and we talked a little, the normal questions, Why did I applied for the job, my previous experience. Then they gave me a multiple choice logical test, after that I did a typing test in the computer and then I did a written Skills test related to basic IT and some basic stuff about the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked to do some typing tests, logical and technical skills tests.   1 Answer

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Afilias (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone interview, followed by a 2nd interview in person. The second interview focused on general work habits and then included a practical test that ascertained how well you can follow instruction and how well you can pay attention to details. They also have some questions to gauge your personality and how well you will fit into the team.

Interview Questions

• What does ISP stand for?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever created a website?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Afilias (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

15-30 minutes phone interview on a Friday with a head manager followed up by a face-to-face the very next Monday (1-2 hours duration with a head manager and a couple of developers).

I didn't feel like they have strong software development processes. For one, they don't have any code reviews (using Stash or Gerrit for instance). Their framework seems antiquate and even though it's a Java role, requires maintenance of a legacy module written in C++.

The office is not bad and the location is central (beside the Connolly station).

I will say the experience was slightly negative, because I wasn't impressed with the company or their developers. They were about to make me an offer, but I asked time to look at other roles I'm interviewing for. They pulled a "we'll reject him before he rejects us" move them"... :)

Interview Questions

• - General questions about previous projects.
      - General questions about Java and Spring.
      - Showed me some sample code, which I had to comment on. I was critical. The code violates many of the S.O.L.I.D. principles (Single Responsibility Principle, Open-Closed Design, Dependency Inversion). Not sure if the flaws were on purpose though. At least they used composition instead of inheritance. :)
      - How do you keep up-to-date with software development best practices and new frameworks?
      - Are you learning any new framework or programming language?   Answer Question

Afilias Response

Mar 11, 2016 – VP of Engineering

We welcome prospective employees taking the time to give feedback and certainly aspire to address any valid issues raised.

That said, we feel that many of the points raised by the interview candidate are factually incorrect and want to take this opportunity to ensure that people don't get the wrong impression:

- We absolutely do conduct code reviews as a matter of course and in fact discussed this very process with the candidate. It is not clear to us how the candidate missed this.

- We are using a very modern Java architecture

- The advertised role specifically mentioned the C++ aspect as a requirement, but the candidate seems to have been confused by this

- We absolutely were not about to make the candidate an offer. We neither said nor implied this though it is possible that the recruiter gave this impression. We are really careful to not give an incorrect impression to candidates in these situations since we realise how important it is and that candidates can make decisions based on these impressions.

- Just to be clear, the code used in the review was not anything that would pass muster with us. Rather, it is a test of the candidate's ability to find bad code (as the candidate suspected).

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Afilias (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It started with a telephone round, then a written and lastly a video round with offshore manager. The process and smooth and simple. Half of the battle is won if you have good communication skills. I did not join the company though as I got a better option in another company.

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afilias (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process did not take long except that they would make sure you know what you're talking about. Make sure you go to the first interview with some knowledge of their company and what they do.