Aflac Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

1.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage is an introduction to Aflac, the expectations and for them to find out about you. Be open and honest. They deceive what is working for thousands of others in the past. Its cold meeting, cold calling, numbers game.

Interview Questions

• Can you meet 10 - 30 people a week and show them the plan. Are you willing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac in January 2015.

Interview

I was approached for the position by one of there internal recruiters. They offered a live interview. During the initial phone call and after through a few emails. I was a bit surprised at just how little the recruiter knew of the position. It came down to doing the interview or not getting the information. If this was going to be the start I was not interested in going forward.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was hired after the first interview. Then, I was to go through training to take the licensing exams for selling health insurance and life insurance. I was told that we were to practice a training protocol and to look up business owners to call to set up appointments to meet with them in person and discuss what AFLAC could provide for their employees.

Negotiation

I was not in a position where I had any negotiating power. The field was new to my career experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Applied through my university and was contacted to set up an info session and interview the following week. The district sales coordinator was very professional and personable, and provided a broad summary of the industry and position. It was hard at times to keep up with all of the information given I had no prior knowledge of the insurance industry. In addition, like most people, all I knew about Aflac was the duck in the commercials.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the average candidate for this position?   Answer Question

It's a great opportunity and Aflac is a great product, however I felt it was better for me to take an entry-level position in a finance role rather than start out in insurance where you make 100% commission. Could be a possibility in the future though.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac in February 2012.

Interview

I received a call about my resume posted online and set up a time for the interview. I found out that it was a presentation of what the company is first and then the next step was a 1:1 interview. When I was told that the job was commission based I was not happy because they did not say this on the phone when I tried to get more information about them, they were very secretive about what to say over the phone.

Interview Questions

I declined because of the commission based pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A man called XX manager came and give a 20 minutes speech. During the speech, he talked about how you make money and how does their company run. After that, applicants were interviewed one by one, face to face.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (New York, NY).

Interview

They call you in for a group interview, explain how the job works and how the compensation plan works. If you are interested in the position they call you in for a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Purely behavioral interview. They just want to make sure you can effectively communicate with others, as the job requires a lot of talking to other people. They will ask about your previous experience on your resume, so be sure you know that too.I had a very laid-back interviewer, so it played out more as a conversation than an interview. I know some district coordinators look solely for marketing experience when recruiting for their team, so make sure you are able to address that with previous experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I was referred by an old friend, came in for a board room meeting which was followed about a week later by a one on one meeting with the Regional Sales Coordinator. He was thorough but brief and to the point, and seemed genuinely excited to have me on the team.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with not knowing what your pay will be each month?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1 hr in person interview. very informal group interview with 5-6 other candidates, 1 person came in under dressed. it was mostly a sales pitch on what made selling insurance great. felt like a pyramid scheme. very unexciting, they even asked you to pay the $200-300 for the certification fee to get licensed to sell insurance. seems like a mass market ploy to cast a big net and get as many people pushing their insurance as possible.

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation as this was mostly a sales pitch.