Aflac Benefit Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Benefit Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1.7

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I got an e-mail from Aflac District Recruiter claiming they found my resume online and would like to schedule a meeting to learn more about the position.
The sales manager kept me waiting for more than 20 mins. During the conversation, he gave a overview of the company and the position. Since the position is commission based, I said this does not quite fit my expectation.

Interview Questions

• Some basic background questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions and questions about past experiences. It was a two step inteview process with an individual the first time and then a group the second time. I got the offer after the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Wilmington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a 1st interview where I was able to not only give me a great overview to the career ahead but what that Region stood for and the culture they had in Wilmington, NC. I was called within 24 for a one on one interview and gladly excepted the position.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Boise, ID) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted for a 10-15 phone interview and then came into the office for a 30-45 minute in person interview. Both interactions were very friendly and conversational.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Interview

overall very easy interview. all they do is tell u more and more about the company and then let you know that you got the job. Its honestly not a hard interview and probably the most easy interview that I have ever dont. It shouldnt be too bad. Do not worry.

Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Muskegon, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college job board and heard back the next day. Actual interview was the easiest experience I have ever had- the only question they asked me was "so why did you apply for this position?" Besides that, the entire interview was their recruiter talking about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very nice and professional in a very clean office area. The interviewer was very knowledgeable about his product and company. I felt comfortable during the interview. I also learned a lot about the job responsibilities. I just completed the interview and they said they will be calling me in a day or two.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Altoona, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who made the job sound completely different from what it is. After my phone interview they requested I come in for an interview but after further questioning I found out that this job is really just selling insurance and commission based. I cancelled my interview but they continue to call me about once a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

3 step process. Group orientation about the company, took 2 hours to beef up and brag about the company, very little about pay but numbers thrown around. Filled out interest form, invited back for round 2. 1 on 1 interview and another estimate of first yr income possibilities, training schedule, and few license info. Step 3, offered position through a congrats email to come back in and meet w receptionist to register and start licensing process. That's as far as I got. Goodluck, if your a seller then you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Commission and bonuses only, no base pay. Meaning you better have money & bills paid up for a few months. Not sure how solid training is, or who gets the credit for the sale during training? Didn't really understand the pay scale either, but I'm a logical person who needs concrete info and possibilities were being thrown around. My time and hard work is valuable! Give me some absolutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Concord, CA).

Interview

A so called hiring manager reached out to me, saying he's reaching out to me on behalf of Branson, who is in charge of Aflac Operations here in San Francisco. He found your resume on and asked me to reach out and invite you in for an interview. We're looking for fun, positive, hard-working individuals to add to our Aflac family, & we're currently hiring for Benefit Consultants & Leadership Positions.
    They then gave me 2 available dates in the email. You then need to email which works for you as the numbers listed, no one is there. The so called interview is really a sales pitch on their history and compensation structure. Yes, it's one of those.

Interview Questions

• Have you been convicted of a insurance crime   1 Answer