Aflac Benefit Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Benefit Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Riverside, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Claimed to have found my resume and contacted me to schedule an interview. Quickly found out this wasn't an interview, more of a group sales pitch. Do not bother if you receive a similar interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Laguna Hills, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I only attend the first round interview, which is a presentation that introduces the basic information about Aflac. Although the recruiter said they are hiring benefits coordinator, they are actually hiring a sales. There is no base salary so I did not schedule a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Rewards system is fantastic. Owners and managers are invested in their employees. Processing is fast and efficient, underwriting is fast too.Takes time to get used to the system, I don't have any other cons for this review, but there's a 20 word minimum...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

They told me specifically this was a non-commissioned full time job. I asked to make sure it wasn't commission more than 3 times before showing up to the actual interview.

I read on here that people were tricked into coming to the interview for a sales position when they wanted something else. I was certain it wouldn't happen to me; after all they did tell me it was NON-commissioned.

Well they lied. It was commissioned. They call it "performances based". That's their way of avoiding the word "commission". It's very foolish and unless you want to be a sales agent then Aflac is and always will be a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Any questions?   1 Answer
    • This isn't commissioned based. I'd like to say it's "performanced based". Could you see yourself doing this?   1 Answer

They lied to me about the position. They're starving for agents sometimes and it's probably because past agents are fed up with Aflac's mess.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview with recruiter. Recruiter gave a sales pitch about the company and position, bragging about the company's numbers and how much money you could make selling insurance. Anyone who wanted a second interview was given one; not selective at all.

Benefit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Alamitos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Alamitos, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I assumed that I would be interviewing one on one with; however, it turned out to be a group "meeting" where he just spoke about how great Aflac is and just glossed over compensation.

Interview Questions

• We were only asked if we would like to come back for a 1 on 1 interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Greenwood Village, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was not as I had expected or read about in other reviews. I met with regional director and her recruiter in her office. She was upfront that I would be selling insurance and described the customers she was targeting. I was able to ask my questions and she gave clear answers. I was asked back for a second interview which described the various levels of achievement both in title and money. Aflac looks like a really good company to work for, just be ready to work under the 1099 tax status.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Greenville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was a two interview process. The first was more of a presentation of Aflac and the different products they offered, as well as a 10 question form. Once made it to 2nd interview, this was more input from the applicant. Overall lasted an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How could I use my skills to be a success with Aflac?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was held at a small, dirty office. The business didn't look legitimate. There was an additional form to fill out while waiting to be interviewed. The interviewer tried to sell me the position, it almost felt like his pitch was used car salesman like.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

The "interview" consisted of a presentation about why you should work for the company from the Regional Sales Director. Pretty much the same experience as what I've read from previous reviewers. I hoped they were wrong but I went in skeptical. Should have asked for more information before wasting my time. This is a SALES position even if they avoid that word. Disappointed that a company rated so well in terms ethics is doing something like deceiving job seekers.