Aflac Benefits Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Benefits Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

1.7

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I got an e-mail from Aflac District Recruiter claiming they found my resume online and would like to schedule a meeting to learn more about the position.
The sales manager kept me waiting for more than 20 mins. During the conversation, he gave a overview of the company and the position. Since the position is commission based, I said this does not quite fit my expectation.

Interview Questions

• Some basic background questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very nice and professional in a very clean office area. The interviewer was very knowledgeable about his product and company. I felt comfortable during the interview. I also learned a lot about the job responsibilities. I just completed the interview and they said they will be calling me in a day or two.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Concord, CA).

Interview

A so called hiring manager reached out to me, saying he's reaching out to me on behalf of Branson, who is in charge of Aflac Operations here in San Francisco. He found your resume on and asked me to reach out and invite you in for an interview. We're looking for fun, positive, hard-working individuals to add to our Aflac family, & we're currently hiring for Benefit Consultants & Leadership Positions.
    They then gave me 2 available dates in the email. You then need to email which works for you as the numbers listed, no one is there. The so called interview is really a sales pitch on their history and compensation structure. Yes, it's one of those.

Interview Questions

• Have you been convicted of a insurance crime   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

3 step process. Group orientation about the company, took 2 hours to beef up and brag about the company, very little about pay but numbers thrown around. Filled out interest form, invited back for round 2. 1 on 1 interview and another estimate of first yr income possibilities, training schedule, and few license info. Step 3, offered position through a congrats email to come back in and meet w receptionist to register and start licensing process. That's as far as I got. Goodluck, if your a seller then you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Commission and bonuses only, no base pay. Meaning you better have money & bills paid up for a few months. Not sure how solid training is, or who gets the credit for the sale during training? Didn't really understand the pay scale either, but I'm a logical person who needs concrete info and possibilities were being thrown around. My time and hard work is valuable! Give me some absolutes.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Memphis, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was great and had a bunch of perks and so is the job. There are times at first where its extremely hard but otherwise it is really great once you get better

Interview Questions

• Do you think this job is for you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There was a group interview with a PowerPoint presentation led by the regional sales coordinator. It went over the basic rundown of what Aflac does for their clients and the earning potential. He then offered a follow up, one-on-one interview to further discuss the details of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Cookeville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

3 round interview process. The first is a"get to know you and see what you're about" process & who and what is aflac about. The second is more about pay, compensation, and job training. The 3rd goes into more detail about the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in a job or a career? (Important question for them because they are a career company)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Garden City, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Begins with presentation of Company. What they sell, its history, its niche, the market penetration in the NY area is low, so good opportunity to sell supplemental insurance policies here... Brief outline of 100% commission based salary, need to obtain a license first - followed by 3 months mentoring. This first interview basically challenges YOU to see if you are: a hard worker because only people who fail are ones that do not try; it's a "no-brainer"... if you cannot sell "x" amount of contracts a year... you stink. The interview is challenging your competitive DNA to lead you into a second interview.

Interview Questions

• If I have any sales background, will I be fine with a 100% commission based salary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

People in there are very nice. First, he asked me to fill a paper and wait to be interviewed. The interviewer didn't ask me any question, he just introduced the company and asked me to take the insurance licence to be hired. I asked him what is the duties of this position because in the website, they didn't show very detailed. He said I will be the insurance salesman.

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

They sent me a e-mail said they found my resume online and would like to schedule a interview with me. Then I came to their company. The first round is a group discussion to introduce aflac and the position. It's a sale-oriented job and you need to get insurance license at first. I am not interest this kind of position so I did not schedule second interview.