Aflac Benefits Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Benefits Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Altoona, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who made the job sound completely different from what it is. After my phone interview they requested I come in for an interview but after further questioning I found out that this job is really just selling insurance and commission based. I cancelled my interview but they continue to call me about once a month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Boise, ID) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted for a 10-15 phone interview and then came into the office for a 30-45 minute in person interview. Both interactions were very friendly and conversational.

Anonymous Employee in Milford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Milford, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

20 people in a single room. All at once were told that we were hired if we decided to move forward. The person hosting the group interview told us about his rag to riches story.

Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Muskegon, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college job board and heard back the next day. Actual interview was the easiest experience I have ever had- the only question they asked me was "so why did you apply for this position?" Besides that, the entire interview was their recruiter talking about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Benefits Consultant Interview

Interview

overall very easy interview. all they do is tell u more and more about the company and then let you know that you got the job. Its honestly not a hard interview and probably the most easy interview that I have ever dont. It shouldnt be too bad. Do not worry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very nice and professional in a very clean office area. The interviewer was very knowledgeable about his product and company. I felt comfortable during the interview. I also learned a lot about the job responsibilities. I just completed the interview and they said they will be calling me in a day or two.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Two Interviews,first one was just to give details about commision and company.Second one was with the manager.It was a more detailed one with you work history.He answered some more questions that I had.

Benefit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Wayne, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The rep called and said that this was an interview. When I arrived I saw many people there and realized that it is not an interview it's a career briefing as they call it. Basically, they gather about 10 people in the room and try to make them sign up to sell insurance. No benefits, no salary, only commissions. They claim they want you to start your own business and they will train you. But you have to get a state license and you pay out of your pocket. If you want to sell insurance in different states you have to get the license in those states separate If you have 2-3 years to try to sell and make it in insurance business then probably it's yours. For me, it was just a waste of time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

3 step process. Group orientation about the company, took 2 hours to beef up and brag about the company, very little about pay but numbers thrown around. Filled out interest form, invited back for round 2. 1 on 1 interview and another estimate of first yr income possibilities, training schedule, and few license info. Step 3, offered position through a congrats email to come back in and meet w receptionist to register and start licensing process. That's as far as I got. Goodluck, if your a seller then you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Commission and bonuses only, no base pay. Meaning you better have money & bills paid up for a few months. Not sure how solid training is, or who gets the credit for the sale during training? Didn't really understand the pay scale either, but I'm a logical person who needs concrete info and possibilities were being thrown around. My time and hard work is valuable! Give me some absolutes.

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Medford, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

1st and a 2nd interview. The first interview was to find out about me. The second interview was to discuss the company. The 1st interview questions were specific to where I am in life and what I was looking for. The second interview was an overview of the company and the compensation plans

Interview Questions

• Aspects of a career Im looking for.   1 Answer