Aflac District Sales Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac District Sales Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Newbury, MA

Interview

I got an email about my exceptional resume and was asked to stop in for an interview. I did my research and knew it would be a group presentation but went anyway for the experience. It really bothers me that everyone there was also told it was an interview. I glanced at a few "about me" sheets the other applicants (I didn't sort through them, just glanced as they were spread out on a table) had fill out and was disgusted to see money and success as the only answers to what motivates me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

LOOK AT THE REVIEWS AND DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO FOOL YOU!!!
    After second interview they informed me that "everyone must start as an agent and in a few months or years may move up"
    This was frustrating because during round 1 and 2 no one mentioned this ... Felt I had been dooped, especially when the interviewer started pitching me the job. Her answer to my conserns about no base salary and not wanting to be a salesman and cold call for what she described as 100 to 250 calls a day!!!!( I did not apply for that) She said its not easy but worst case sell to yourself and your family .....WOW!

Interview Questions

• You get alot of rejection in this role every day how do you deal with that>?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very kind, open-to discuss group interview, the manger is ready to answer to all questions. Atmosphere is very calming and the office assistants are very helpful. Really liked the interview. I asked the question I was interested, interviewer replied to me at his very best and tried to suit to my situation the process. The interviewer told about the business, commission based sales, how AFLAC hepls people, individual cases, and the proccess of application.

Interview Questions

• Did you have experience in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sea Girt, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Sea Girt, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

This was a disappointment on every level.

Six days ago I received a phone call from the Sea Girt(NJ) office of Aflac Insurance. The caller identified herself as Jackie Weigman and said she was calling because her manager had found my resume online and that he wanted to set up a time for an interview with me because he believed I'd be a good fit for a role with the organization. I asked what the role was and after a pause she told me that she hadn't thought to ask and that they were hiring for two; a Benefits Consultant and a District Coordinator.

I told her that, respectfully, I had no interest in a front-line insurance roll and asked for more detail about the District Coordinator position & what in my resume they believed was cause to believe I'd be a good match. She deferred to her superior, Mike Butterfield, and that he had been the one to make the match. She reiterated that this was an informational meeting and asked if I'd be available on Tuesday. I was not and we set the meeting for Wednesday.

In my research I found a website for "Maggio Region" at the number they called me from. This appears to be the name of the independent insurance agency conducting the hiring. There is no Mike or Michael Butterfield listed on the site. I could find no one by that name in the local region on LinkedIn either. I did find a LinkedIn account for Jackie Weigman associated with Aflac but the account has no picture and only two connections.

When she called yesterday to confirm the appointment I was told that Mike had just taken over the office and that he lived in southern New Jersey, a point he would later reinforce. I further asked about dress code, who I would be meeting and if it would be a panel interview. I was told business-casual, Mike Butterfield and that yes there would be other people to meet.

The interview was scheduled for 1:00pm and since it was only about half an hour's drive I kept it despite the red flags. On arrival at their second story office I was warmly greeted, asked for a copy of my resume and shown to a room where two other interviewees were already seated. My stomach plummeted when I saw the twelve uncomfortable chairs arranged in rows and nothing else in the room. Within a few minutes a gentleman arrived, identified himself as Mike and got started with a canned performance. Since he didn't take the time to introduce himself, shake hands or ask anyone's name I assumed he was still charged up from a hurried ride to the office. I stopped him two minutes in to force an introduction and give him a chance to reset. He didn't take the opportunity to shake anyone else's hand or ask their names.

By now you should see where I'm going with this story. There was no District Coordinator job. This was exactly what I had said I wasn't interested in. Frankly, this was everything that was wrong with the interview process. This was a pitch, and a rude one. Mike Buttrefield seems like a nice guy but this was ham-handed and was outdated in 2005 let alone 2013. There was a host of other points that were at least disingenuous and at worst misleading but I'll spare you the details.

The most disturbing part is that insurance is a business of relationships and the entire process was conducted in a was that insured I would feel repelled by a relationship with them. Sad, unprofessional and outdated.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions. They weren't interested in finding a good candidate, anyone would do.   Answer Question

I couldn't in good conscience work with people like this.

District Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

If you have a great energetic personality your in after passing the insurance exam

Interview Questions

• I can not recall one. I was prepared for more than I was asked   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial Group interview followed by individual
    Group interview consists of history of the company, job description, product description, and break down of commission structures / residual earning potential.

This process can be a very different experience ranging from excellent to sub par depending on who is conducting this group interview.

overall my experience was however excellent

Interview Questions

• have you worked in a straight commission sales environment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Burbank, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Attend an initial Group Information Session that outlines the company, top to bottom, the job and what it entails, the compensation and training that will be offered. If selected, will be called back for a second interview. If we feel you are a good fit and can be successful with Aflac, we will offer you a position and explain what steps need to be followed.

Interview Questions

• What one situation or hardship have you experienced in your life that you feel you were able to overcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Associate position is 100% commission based; so negotiating is out of the question.

District Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Virginia (South Africa)) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview was no interview. Was called in along with a group of 6+ people for a "group interview" but all that happened was the person running the interview gave us a run through of what the company has to offer for you in the long run. He explained that in the short run it would be a bit difficult to get through making sales and getting customers but that if you worked hard enough and put in a lot of energy into it you could make it pretty far. He explained the many incentives they give (which are all very appealing) but, you really have to work hard for them. Overall, an amazing company with an extraordinary pay off (in the long run) if you are willing to work hard, work overtime, and be in constant study mode.