Aflac Independent Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

1.7

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Texarkana, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Two separate interviews told to filter through best candidates. They make the group smaller then choose a few people to continue through the process. They tell you how it works, how pay works, and why they do it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Centennial, CO).

Interview

There were two interviews with the regional manager. the first one w as getting to know about Aflac and the second was more getting to know if it was a good fit for me. Really, they want to see if you can be self motivated and have a good presence.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the corporate recruiter, who invited me to an interview the next day. She said she would email me immediately with the address and all additional information I would need. She never e-mailed me. She wouldn't return my calls. I searched and searched online for a contact number of ANYONE - finally I found a number which ended up being an agent but knew about the interviews and was very helpful. This put an awful taste in my mouth. I went to the first part of the interview, which was an presentation about the company. We had to come back for an actual interview. I went forward, and the person I was speaking to was great (when I was there). When I wasn't there and tried to call or e-mail, I did NOT get a reply. I studied like crazy to pass the exam. I passed, but a lot of the questions were not in the study material I was given.
    Overall - at least this location - is awful at managing and maintaining their employees. Because of how they handled my "recruitment", I felt very anxious about starting, so I kept looking for jobs while I was completing the training. Their communication never got better, so when I received an offer with another company, I RAN towards them. I called to inform Aflac of my decision. Unsirprisingly, no one answered and no one returned my phone call after I left a message.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate. They paid for my license but I did everything else on my own. Plus, this is a commission job.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Kalamazoo, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Found the listing on indeed.com and was emailed for a possible position within a couple days. I met with the interviewer who explained everything and lasted about half an hour. Within a couple days, I was asked to come back and interview with the regional director. After over an hour interview, was offered a job less than an hour later.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aflac (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a group meeting, followed by individual interviews. Presentation on the company, what they do, and why they do it. General presentation on the industry in general, policies that Aflac offers, and so on. Individual interview was pretty short, covering work history, and basically making sure (I think) that I had the entrepreneurial capacity to persist in the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Elmwood Park, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

There is no interview. They are looking for warm bodies to give it a try, and anyone will do. The 'interview' is more like a sales pitch, and any weeding out is done after folk start. It is akin to throwing mud at a wall and seeing what sticks, a deeply cynical process. One gets the impression that nobody enjoys the work, but that those who succeed in and can tolerate this environment enjoy the money.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Typical interview. The interview process with consist of 3 separate interviews. During these you will be asked basic interview questions. You will also be told that there are dozens of other applicants and that you are the elite (regardless if you are or not.) You will be promised to make 6 figures your first year and told how enjoyable the environment is. They will then dangle vacations and cash in front of your face until you decide to join the team.

Independent Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Very basic interview questions... Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here? It was very simple as I had been recruited for a while. The interviewer already knew me in advance so there was very little to discuss in the interview that both of us didn't already know.

Anonymous Employee in Sicklerville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Sicklerville, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was more like a discussion to determine if the fit was mutual. We talked about my background. I told him about what was driving me to make a change in career. I in turn asked him some questions about himself. Found out that he was in law enforcement before becoming an independent agent, and rising to regional manager. Overall, it was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering this position? What drives you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Williamsport, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was an overview of the company and the position to sell the job to us. There was a Regional Coordinator and 2 of us. It was a relaxed, casual overview lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience or are you a people person?   1 Answer