Aflac Independent Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Independent Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

I went through a group interview for the first interview and when I was invited back for a second interview it was one on one. I chose to join the company because of the culture of caring, the team, and their commitment to excellence. It was scary at first though and it took me a while to get over my own fear.

Interview Questions

• Share a time that you failed at something and how did you bounce back?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Independent Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac in April 2015.

Interview

1st group interview then a one-on-one interview. Simple questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Just google interview questions that deal with customer service and how to handle objections from people. Be fast on your feet cause who knows what kind of weird questions they will ask. They hire just about anybody since they have to meet a quota each month for new agents....

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Kalamazoo, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Found the listing on indeed.com and was emailed for a possible position within a couple days. I met with the interviewer who explained everything and lasted about half an hour. Within a couple days, I was asked to come back and interview with the regional director. After over an hour interview, was offered a job less than an hour later.

Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Cumberland, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Pass the state Health and/or Life insurance exam. Schedule a meeting with the district manager, and/or be approached by hiring agents in your area. Contract with the company, purchase a computer and/or outline of coverage brochures, meet one on one with the district or regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aflac?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Waltham, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process took 4 meetings with the initial meeting being a group meeting. You are required to pass the state Health Insurance exam prior to being hired. The cost of the exams are all on the individual being hired. Most people have no idea what it takes to start a business but are excited about the opportunity which for me I have seen a lot of agents waste a lot of their own money.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe there was a difficult or unexpected question. They want to know if you are willing to put the effort in to get the results you want.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Rockville, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

Basic run of the mill interview. Gave background of company and the positions available. Gave decent details on job potential along with financial opportunities. Didn't offer much more unless you wanted to schedule a second interview to discuss the opening in more detail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you see yourself succeeding in a commission sales business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sicklerville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Sicklerville, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was more like a discussion to determine if the fit was mutual. We talked about my background. I told him about what was driving me to make a change in career. I in turn asked him some questions about himself. Found out that he was in law enforcement before becoming an independent agent, and rising to regional manager. Overall, it was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering this position? What drives you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aflac (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a group meeting, followed by individual interviews. Presentation on the company, what they do, and why they do it. General presentation on the industry in general, policies that Aflac offers, and so on. Individual interview was pretty short, covering work history, and basically making sure (I think) that I had the entrepreneurial capacity to persist in the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Williamsport, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was an overview of the company and the position to sell the job to us. There was a Regional Coordinator and 2 of us. It was a relaxed, casual overview lasting about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience or are you a people person?   1 Answer

Independent Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Appointment for interview is set by a person outside of the geographical area. The Local area manager is a whiz at numbers and could sell you a dead diseased cow for its eating value!

Interview Questions

• Can you live on 100% commission?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate; just commitment to stick with the program.