Aflac Independent Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

1.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Texarkana, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Two separate interviews told to filter through best candidates. They make the group smaller then choose a few people to continue through the process. They tell you how it works, how pay works, and why they do it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Marlton, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Group presentation telling you how much money you could make and how great their training program was. Had to get both a life and health license for the job.

Interview Questions

• No thoughtful questions -- just them telling you how much money you can make.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sicklerville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Sicklerville, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was more like a discussion to determine if the fit was mutual. We talked about my background. I told him about what was driving me to make a change in career. I in turn asked him some questions about himself. Found out that he was in law enforcement before becoming an independent agent, and rising to regional manager. Overall, it was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering this position? What drives you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview process. Essentially you'll be hired as long as you commit to getting the necessary licenses and are a decent person people can communicate with. One tip is to know you will be starting off on an entirely commission based compensation package.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Most important thing is to be willing to learn and you should confidently state you'll receive all necessary licenses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aflac (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a group meeting, followed by individual interviews. Presentation on the company, what they do, and why they do it. General presentation on the industry in general, policies that Aflac offers, and so on. Individual interview was pretty short, covering work history, and basically making sure (I think) that I had the entrepreneurial capacity to persist in the industry.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

I went through a group interview for the first interview and when I was invited back for a second interview it was one on one. I chose to join the company because of the culture of caring, the team, and their commitment to excellence. It was scary at first though and it took me a while to get over my own fear.

Interview Questions

• Share a time that you failed at something and how did you bounce back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Centennial, CO).

Interview

There were two interviews with the regional manager. the first one w as getting to know about Aflac and the second was more getting to know if it was a good fit for me. Really, they want to see if you can be self motivated and have a good presence.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Typical interview. The interview process with consist of 3 separate interviews. During these you will be asked basic interview questions. You will also be told that there are dozens of other applicants and that you are the elite (regardless if you are or not.) You will be promised to make 6 figures your first year and told how enjoyable the environment is. They will then dangle vacations and cash in front of your face until you decide to join the team.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Silver Spring, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the corporate recruiter, who invited me to an interview the next day. She said she would email me immediately with the address and all additional information I would need. She never e-mailed me. She wouldn't return my calls. I searched and searched online for a contact number of ANYONE - finally I found a number which ended up being an agent but knew about the interviews and was very helpful. This put an awful taste in my mouth. I went to the first part of the interview, which was an presentation about the company. We had to come back for an actual interview. I went forward, and the person I was speaking to was great (when I was there). When I wasn't there and tried to call or e-mail, I did NOT get a reply. I studied like crazy to pass the exam. I passed, but a lot of the questions were not in the study material I was given.
    Overall - at least this location - is awful at managing and maintaining their employees. Because of how they handled my "recruitment", I felt very anxious about starting, so I kept looking for jobs while I was completing the training. Their communication never got better, so when I received an offer with another company, I RAN towards them. I called to inform Aflac of my decision. Unsirprisingly, no one answered and no one returned my phone call after I left a message.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nothing to negotiate. They paid for my license but I did everything else on my own. Plus, this is a commission job.

Independent Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac in April 2015.

Interview

1st group interview then a one-on-one interview. Simple questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Just google interview questions that deal with customer service and how to handle objections from people. Be fast on your feet cause who knows what kind of weird questions they will ask. They hire just about anybody since they have to meet a quota each month for new agents....