Aflac Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

1.8

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Group interview to learn about the position. Then an offer is extended. If you look nice (dressed professionally, well spoken, groomed, well rested) you get the job. It is not going to be as glamorous as they say in the interview. This is for the well connect, ambitious and those that are ready to be hungry for a while. Not a good option for someone that "needs cash now".

Interview Questions

• Do you have close people to do warm sales?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aflac (San Angelo, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

interview process is not difficult . Mostly questions about your personality, likes and dislikes. Questions are asked about how you are with sitting and meeting people you have never met before. It is a sales job but the product is wonderful and sells itself.

Interview Questions

• What type of sales strategy do you have?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview to learn about the position. Then an offer is extended. If you look nice (dressed professionally, well spoken, groomed, well rested) you get the job. It is not going to be as glamorous as they say in the interview. This is for the well connect, ambitious and those that are ready to be hungry for a while. Not a good option for someone that "needs cash now" you won't make.

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of deep questions. Very basic   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aflac (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There's no interview. It's a gimmicky "overview" where you are told you can earn all this money, but what you're not told is how hard they're going to make it for you to do anything other than starve to death.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to manage your work / life balance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Great interview. It was very professional but also laid back. I did not feel stressed our scared. I enjoyed the interview which is why i wanted to join the company.

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Glen Allen, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

45 Minute initial "informative" interview, including power point explaining the training process. The hiring manager was very fun and engaging. Once the group had filled out a candidate questionnaire, we received a folder with all of the information we'd gone over to take home to look over. A few hours later I got a call for a second interview to come in and talk 1 on 1.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Durham, NC).

Interview

They will explain how everything works, it's a two part process and yes you have to pay for your classes less than $200 and for your test (each time you take the test)

Interview Questions

• Can you afford to do it? They don't want to put anyone in a sticky situation. if you have anyour questions ask away.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very good. I decided to take the offer. They pay half. Looks like a lot of growth opportunity.dress professional and be confident and positive.definitely a sales job so be prepared for that. Cannot be shy or scared of people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial interview is a sales pitch, not an interview. It was an hour long presentation on the history of ALFAC, the current sales climate, and potential income you could earn. One AFlAC rep, 10 candidates. Candidates were asked to follow up if they desired an actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing - there was no interview. It was billed as an interview with email confirmations calling it an interview, but is was an hour long presentation with no interview or even opportunity for questions. Misleading to say the least.   1 Answer

declined second interview as it was too much of a sales pitch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aflac (Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was looking to begin work immediately and I met them at a college career fair and got scheduled for an interview. They asked me many questions at the career fair it was very much like an interview. At my interview about two week later, I pretty much got asked the exact same questions over again. At the career fair, they were a little dishonest about how far they were away from campus (it took me an hour and a half to get there). The first interview asked enough questions that I thought there wouldn't be any more interviews but I was wrong. The second interview took place a few weeks later and when I got there I also got asked pretty much the exact same questions. They really seemed to be wasting my time but I stayed positive. Despite being there for a job, the guy completely changed what I had applied for and instead made it an internship . He explained this new position and then asked if I had questions. I asked a couple and then he briefly said something that didn't contribute anything to the interview and asked if I I had any questions. Of course I didn't, so I said no. He then asked me if I got angry easily and then told me that because I didn't have any new questions, He told me to go home and research the position and come back with questions for a third interview in a couple weeks. They never contacted me again which is extremely rude considering how far into the process I was and it was also rediculous with the amount of my time that they deliberately wasted on nonsense. I have no intention on working for Aflac. Don't waste your time working for a company that will just BS you.