Aflac Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

1.6

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Group Presentation followed by Q&A, followed by asking each participant to declare which job positions interested in applying for. Individual interview set for following week. The sales position is non-salary commission only. The commission is extremely lucrative, but requires independent financial resources until commissions provide income. Long term residuals are the objective.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Sherman Oaks, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Group interview mostly telling you how it was just a matter of hard work. Only question s where aspirational not factual. Never told directly it was commission only

Interview Questions

• More sales pitch than actual interview   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

First Interview was a group interview, where they pretty much pitched aflac and the pay scale for insurance agents. If they liked you at the first they would ask you back for a second where it was a one on one interview with pretty common interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Smithfield, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview. they find your resume online, and even if you have no experience in that field, they say that you would be a great fit in the company.

Interview Questions

• how would you rate yourself with customer service in the field   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 2 stage process. The first stage was a group info session with other applicants for the job.The second stage was an individual interview. The first stage was quite relaxed and the interviewee was mostly the one talking and giving information about the company, products and services they offer as well as compensations and income. The second stage was a one on one interview process with the interview trying to know more about you and why you applied for the job.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why did you show interest in the position?
      2) What experience qualifies you?
      3) Do you have any questions ?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Group interview, sat through a presentation at the end we were all offered jobs. No interviewing at all. Very easy they will hire anyone as long as you have a car.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after posting my resume on CareerBuilder.com. I was not interested in the company or the position, they just called out of the blue because my resume has sales experience. They briefly asked about my sales/management experience (one or two questions) and quickly moved to booking me for an interview with a manager.
    Because this was the third kind of call/email I had received from an insurance agency and read other reviews on glassdoor, I knew what was going on. I asked if it was a one-on-one interview and the person on phone confirmed it was a group "interview". Basically they go through the job and company as more of an info session rather than an interview. However, if you don't dress properly or don't seem like what they're looking for, I'm sure you won't move on.
    The next question I asked was if Aflac would be paying for the course/fees to get my insurance sales license. The person on the phone gave some vague answer that seemed to amount to saying they would pay for some fees, but not all, of which I would be reimbursed at a later date.
    My last question was if I would have a base salary. Notice I didn't ask what the position paid, just if it was all commision based or if there was a consistent base salary with commision on top. The representative didn't want to answer that question and (as they had said many times previously) all of your questions will be addressed at the meeting. The whole experience made it feel like I was getting set up to go to a time-share sales meeting.
    When I told the person I was not interested they had the guts to say "you're unemployed and you don't even want to come to the information session?" No, I don't. If you can't clearly answer the questions I've just asked, you're hiding something that's not worth my time.

Interview Questions

• You're unemployed and you don't even want to come to the information session?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aflac (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

There are three interviews you go to. The first one is a group interview where they pretty much explain the position to you. If you like what you hear you will set up a second interview where you will then discuss your qualifications to the regional manager regarding the position. If he likes what you say you will be called for a third interview where pretty much you have the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you ideal for this position?
      Any experience selling insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Norwalk, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an Aflac recruter. Few emails and a short phone interview. Few days later a personal interview with the Regional Manager. Four candidates at the same time, short presentation with a few interactive topics. It was fun, but I was not really interested in the sales part.
    They should clarify from the beginning that this is a Sales only and commission only position!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sikeston, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Sikeston, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

None really just some vague questions about my lifestyle and hobbies. My interviewer seemed more interested in making a friend versus making a coworker. I left the interview confused about Aflac and exactly what I would be doing as an agent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      What do you do for fun?   1 Answer