Aflac Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

1.6

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

First Interview was a group interview, where they pretty much pitched aflac and the pay scale for insurance agents. If they liked you at the first they would ask you back for a second where it was a one on one interview with pretty common interview questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Smithfield, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview. they find your resume online, and even if you have no experience in that field, they say that you would be a great fit in the company.

Interview Questions

• how would you rate yourself with customer service in the field   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 2 stage process. The first stage was a group info session with other applicants for the job.The second stage was an individual interview. The first stage was quite relaxed and the interviewee was mostly the one talking and giving information about the company, products and services they offer as well as compensations and income. The second stage was a one on one interview process with the interview trying to know more about you and why you applied for the job.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why did you show interest in the position?
      2) What experience qualifies you?
      3) Do you have any questions ?
      1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Group interview, sat through a presentation at the end we were all offered jobs. No interviewing at all. Very easy they will hire anyone as long as you have a car.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after posting my resume on CareerBuilder.com. I was not interested in the company or the position, they just called out of the blue because my resume has sales experience. They briefly asked about my sales/management experience (one or two questions) and quickly moved to booking me for an interview with a manager.
    Because this was the third kind of call/email I had received from an insurance agency and read other reviews on glassdoor, I knew what was going on. I asked if it was a one-on-one interview and the person on phone confirmed it was a group "interview". Basically they go through the job and company as more of an info session rather than an interview. However, if you don't dress properly or don't seem like what they're looking for, I'm sure you won't move on.
    The next question I asked was if Aflac would be paying for the course/fees to get my insurance sales license. The person on the phone gave some vague answer that seemed to amount to saying they would pay for some fees, but not all, of which I would be reimbursed at a later date.
    My last question was if I would have a base salary. Notice I didn't ask what the position paid, just if it was all commision based or if there was a consistent base salary with commision on top. The representative didn't want to answer that question and (as they had said many times previously) all of your questions will be addressed at the meeting. The whole experience made it feel like I was getting set up to go to a time-share sales meeting.
    When I told the person I was not interested they had the guts to say "you're unemployed and you don't even want to come to the information session?" No, I don't. If you can't clearly answer the questions I've just asked, you're hiding something that's not worth my time.

Interview Questions

• You're unemployed and you don't even want to come to the information session?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Norwalk, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an Aflac recruter. Few emails and a short phone interview. Few days later a personal interview with the Regional Manager. Four candidates at the same time, short presentation with a few interactive topics. It was fun, but I was not really interested in the sales part.
    They should clarify from the beginning that this is a Sales only and commission only position!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sikeston, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Sikeston, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

None really just some vague questions about my lifestyle and hobbies. My interviewer seemed more interested in making a friend versus making a coworker. I left the interview confused about Aflac and exactly what I would be doing as an agent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      What do you do for fun?
      1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac in February 2016.

Interview

Just had first interview. It was a group information session about the company and job. I felt like they were trying to sell me on the company. However I think its a great way to weed out the people who fit and those who do not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Fullerton, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It wasn't at all like I expected. The first part is a group setting, where you're given a presentation about the company, what they do, etc. IF you make it to the second part, the actual one-on-one interview, that's where you ask your questions and get answers. The recruiter I had for my area was great. He was full of energy and very willing to help. We had a lot in common which was nice and hekped me relate to who I was working with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Clark, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

They do a group interview and show you how you can make so much money BUT basically is all commission. THEN they want YOU to pay for your own classes and licensing before you can even start the job. Additionally if you don't complete it successfully in 2 weeks they take back their OFFER!

Interview Questions

• what is your name and what do you currently do? THE ONLY QUESTIONED ASKED TO EVERYONE AROUND THE ROOM.   1 Answer