Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2018
1,204 Interview Reviews

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Aflac is constantly recruiting due to huge turnover. They will reach out to you, but love if you come knocking on their door. Typically a group then a 1-1 interview. You have a pulse, clean cut, and money for school and license then you are hired.

Interview Questions

• N/A..very typical interview with strengths, weaknesses, and why you should be hired   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay for school, get your license, show up ASAP and we will start training on the phones

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Montgomery, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is the easiest I've ever been through. You are contacted within a few days of applying by either a CIT or a DSC and they sit you down for a 30-45 minute interview. The interview is about 10 minutes of them asking you questions about yourself and getting to know your personality better. The rest of the interview is the interviewer explaining the job details.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as the interview is very straight forward   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac in January 2010.

Interview

One interview. Typically will be at least two.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Interview

I felt I was being sold the job rather than being interviewed. The process was rather strange. I was given a sort of presentation then asked if I felt I could sell the product. I was never asked for references or anything. The whole thing was a red flag for me.

Interview Questions

100% commission based work and you have to pay initial expenses! This is not really a job offer in my book.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (New York, NY).

Interview

Respond to an ad or through word of mouth you can meet any Aflac agent an request an interview. Recruiting and hireing is a goal of the company. First interview and second is about getting company info after that your told how to get the state license for health and life in new York state. If you worked for any Medicaid or Medicare plan in new York this should be easy. The process is the same.

Interview Questions

• Can you see yourself working for yourself not by yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Agent Interview

Interview

they asked me if i have a car and i said no and that's it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Clinton, CT).

Interview

First interview is a group interview. Very little time talking about yourself. The manager will talk about the company for about 20 minutes. Explains how commission works and what not.

Interview Questions

• None. Just asked a little about yourself such as why you are there.   Answer Question

All commission based job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Interview

Had an initial group interview that was more like an information session for potential candidates. Filled out a quick questionaire with basic information about why you were suited for the job. Called back for second interview 1-1 with similar basic questions about motivation.

Interview Questions

• Asked what motivated me in about ten different wordings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Peoria, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

They will speak to anyone that shows up. They promise a model that was in the "good old days", and that is only relevant if you are welcomed into the inner circle. The market is saturated. You are reimbursed for nothing, and by the time you realize you will lose money year 1 you are 500-1000 in the hole. Can you make money here? Yes, IF-- you are given a piece of the book of dead business; you have a vast circle of influence; and if you can survive on little or nothing for 3-5 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Black and white as a 100% commissioned 1099 contracted individual (who they attempt to treat like a paid employee.)

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Lyndhurst, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Being an intern with AFLAC, I knew the opportunities were something of personal interest. I had networked very well during my internship and became professionally connected with established managers and agents. Although my personality was well understood by the time of interview, the professional and understanding management body took the time to further understand my goals and how I would fit into a team setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiations were very minimal due to the fact that each agent is essentially creating their own portfolio of business from the ground up. What you put in is what you get out. Although it may deter many individuals, it enticed my personal endeavors.