Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2018
1,233 Interview Reviews

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Cleveland, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

I feel the company had some of the best management communication I have seen. Very down to earth, answered all of my questions.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

The first step here is a group info session with a district or regional manager where they go over what Aflac's business is, what the day to day is like, and the commission structure. Recruiters avoid mentioning commission on the phone for two reasons first, they want you to see the opportunity for what it is a business venture rather than employment, and two they want the chance to persuade you to come on board. Managers will often talk about the claims experiences they've had helping people and then field any questions from the group and then take your resume and contact you to see if you want to interview for step two. This is the part where you are already hired, given the nature of the business Aflac has very little risk in taking on new agents as they almost always result in new business one way or another and as its 100% commission they don't have to worry about paying any dead weight (there is a reason they are able to pay out twice their administrative costs in claims almost every year). The only way I can imagine someone not getting invited to come on board is if they couldn't pass the background check or get their licenses. If you completely lack social skills or are completely insufferable they'll probably advise against moving forward, but district managers have quotas to meet for recruitment so anyone who signs the contract and can bring in at least one account is just fine, anymore is icing on the cake. Production is what matters here so if you think you can do it and can prove it you'll have no trouble here. Culture varies by office, but a can do attitude is required. The recruiters calling you are agents because they get a 5% override on your first few deals and district managers get an override for as long as your are below their level. This is not MLM you would have to recruit a tremendous amount of people to make a living on overrides so the motivation is still on new business.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the presentation yesterday/ the other day?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about (yourself, previous employment, attraction to Aflac)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Commission isn't negotiated there are two levels new agents get more of their sale upfront to keep them afloat in the early years and veteran agents see more benefits on the tail end. It is possible to get too busy with existing accounts to generate new business and some agents just go into service mode and live on renewal business after several years.

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Snellville, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial Interview consisted of a group interview with approximately 20 other candidates. Second interview was a one on one interview. I had to wait to be phoned back to know if I would be offered a job. My overall experience was very positive. The management was very professional and seemed willing to help new hires be successful. It appeared that the company was being very selective in who they hired looking for quality in the person they hired.

Interview Questions

• What are any apprehensions that I might in doing this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contact over the phone and asked some general questions and then an interview was set up for a few days later with the Dist Sales Mgr. The interview lasted over 2 hours and after the usual "question & answer" portion of the interview I was gioven the opportunity to ask any questions I might have about working for Alfac. The Dist Sales Mgr was very upfront and seemed to answer all my questions truthfullly
    without hesitation.

Interview Questions

After long consideration I did not feel I was financially able to work for 100% commission at that time but would consider it in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Miami, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was very thourogh as sales experience and customer interaction was their main concern. There was two steps in the interview process; first with the district cordinator then together with the regional cordinator. Then once selected since I did not have the appropriate state license their team was very helpfull in helping me understand the process. Licensing took about two months as a 40 hour class was required by the state along with fingerprinting before elgibility was considered. However, once you pass the state test your license is given and you can begin writing business. Although, Aflac does prepare their new Agents with a week long sales training information session and ongoing support from all levels. i am very glad that I chose to work for Aflac as it has been a very lucrative and has also given me flexability with my personal life. If you want to help people and at the same time reward yourself, Aflac is the perfect match to make each come true.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to a customer that is rejects your product or services   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since working for Aflac is 100% commision based the only one you need to negotiate with is yourself. If your well organized and manage your time efficiently there could be countless ways to generate the income you could earn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2010.

Interview

The initial interview is with a group and is more of an imformative session to prepare you for a single interview that will be scheduled in the future. There is alot of talk of how success can be reached, however people need to keep in mind this is a straight commissioned job.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Sandy, UT) in April 2007.

Interview

if you want the job it's yours but you only get paid for what you do.. it's not stable

Interview Questions

Negotiation

like i said if you want the job, it's yours.. they tell you it's "the dream job".. don't let them trick you

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Joliet, IL) in October 2008.

Interview

The office was dirty looking. People were ok but over doing it like to impresss. Several contadictions like jeremy makes 250 k a year but can't afford to drive anything but 2002 isuzu rodeo. My interview was about6 minlong then I was called three days later and offered position over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do I fell about working commision?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac in July 2018.

Interview

Interviewer was pleasant and the interview process was simple and easy. Everyone gets hired as long as they decide they want to do the job and put in the work and money required.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The AFLAC interview process was quick and friendly. Misleading to some degree about the training and not honest about the turnover (very high). They say that there will be great training but it is very minimal. You are your own boss.