Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.0

212 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

they were quick to answer my application, and I set up an interview but didn't go on the interview because it's actually a commission-only job. I didn't know that until the day before because they didn't advertise it.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

They contact you and you think you are there for an interview and ask you to dress in business professional attire. Among walking in, you find out it is a group of people and purely informational and apologize to you for letting us think it was an interview. Once there you learn about how they work for an hour of your time, only to find out there is no base pay, and you only receive income based upon what you sell. You have to pay for a license and background check, before you ever can start. As the info session ends they ask you to leave a basic questionnaire and on yourself and your resume to set up a second interview. Maybe great as a second job on the side, but not career potential without base of pay.

District Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Interview

Bait and Switch. Aflac found my resume online and invited me in for an interview. Got to the "interview" to find 4 people sitting a conference room where our now "group meeting" was an intro to selling at Aflac and we got 10 minutes of group Q&A with the person we had all been told we would interview with. After filling out a 1-page application, we could be (but were not guaranteed to be) invited back in for the interview we had all been originally scheduled for.

It was clear this was a meat-grinder and people from Aflac cared only about warm bodies in the room.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a lot of money?   2 Answers

District Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aflac (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Didn't even stay for the interview. Was told that the position would be overseeing benefit specialists. Role was presented to me as more of a service oriented position. Sales was never mentioned. Role is 100% commission SALES position. You are brought into a room with at least 10 other candidates to hear a presentation. So an interview that is a sales pitch, quality interview. Didn't even stay. Once I heard it was 100% commissioned I walked out. And you get paid at the end of the month, so good luck making one paycheck last an entire month.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very soon I realize that this is not a corporate position and it's more of a local branch. it was more of a presentation for a 100% commission job which I showed no interest and did not follow up at it.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe your self as a leader?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Group interview to learn about the position. Then an offer is extended. If you look nice (dressed professionally, well spoken, groomed, well rested) you get the job. It is not going to be as glamorous as they say in the interview. This is for the well connect, ambitious and those that are ready to be hungry for a while. Not a good option for someone that "needs cash now".

Interview Questions

• Do you have close people to do warm sales?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was invited to come to the office in Chicago. I was then sat in a room with several other people. Someone from the company came and talked to us about the position. Even though all of us interviewing were led to believe it was a marketing position, they essentially were looking for sales people to sell their product to businesses. The position listed online included no mention of this, and I think we all felt a little blind sided. They didn't ask us any questions, just explained what the role actually was. Whole process took maybe 20 minutes. If you're looking for a 100% commission based sales role, this might be for you. If not, steer clear.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I am only writing this review as I wish something similar would have been posted when I applied for the "Marketing Representative" position. Basically, any position at Aflac is sales - maybe some people would say this is a given but I did not know that and certainly wasted time and money "interviewing" today. I say "interviewing" because you will be put into a room of about 15 people and someone will pitch why it is so great to work at Aflac. The job is 100% commission based and unpaid training spans several weeks long. If you are an excellent salesperson then yes, this would be a great opportunity for you. However, the lack of transparency about the job position really put me off for ever working with Aflac or recommending it to anyone I know. If it's a sales jobs, say sales...marketing and sales are different.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Independence, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The "interview" really wasn't an interview at all. The man I was supposed to meet with was not available and rather than this being a one-on-one interview, it was a group session. There were five other candidates in the room with me and although the recruitment email I received mentioned two job possibilities, the representative mostly talked about starting your own Aflac business which is commission only. This was not at all what they led me to believe when they contacted me.

Interview Questions

• There were none. It wasn't even a real interview.   1 Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac in April 2017.

Interview

It took about one and half hours to listen to the information about the company. You don't even have to say something about yourself. But it's a group interview which surprises me.