Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.8

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I got an e-mail from Aflac District Recruiter claiming they found my resume online and would like to schedule a meeting to learn more about the position.
    The sales manager kept me waiting for more than 20 mins. During the conversation, he gave a overview of the company and the position. Since the position is commission based, I said this does not quite fit my expectation.

Interview Questions

• Some basic background questions.   1 Answer

District Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Interview

Bait and Switch. Aflac found my resume online and invited me in for an interview. Got to the "interview" to find 4 people sitting a conference room where our now "group meeting" was an intro to selling at Aflac and we got 10 minutes of group Q&A with the person we had all been told we would interview with. After filling out a 1-page application, we could be (but were not guaranteed to be) invited back in for the interview we had all been originally scheduled for.

It was clear this was a meat-grinder and people from Aflac cared only about warm bodies in the room.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to make a lot of money?   2 Answers

Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

They contact you and you think you are there for an interview and ask you to dress in business professional attire. Among walking in, you find out it is a group of people and purely informational and apologize to you for letting us think it was an interview. Once there you learn about how they work for an hour of your time, only to find out there is no base pay, and you only receive income based upon what you sell. You have to pay for a license and background check, before you ever can start. As the info session ends they ask you to leave a basic questionnaire and on yourself and your resume to set up a second interview. Maybe great as a second job on the side, but not career potential without base of pay.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Group interview to learn about the position. Then an offer is extended. If you look nice (dressed professionally, well spoken, groomed, well rested) you get the job. It is not going to be as glamorous as they say in the interview. This is for the well connect, ambitious and those that are ready to be hungry for a while. Not a good option for someone that "needs cash now".

Interview Questions

• Do you have close people to do warm sales?   1 Answer

District Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aflac (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Didn't even stay for the interview. Was told that the position would be overseeing benefit specialists. Role was presented to me as more of a service oriented position. Sales was never mentioned. Role is 100% commission SALES position. You are brought into a room with at least 10 other candidates to hear a presentation. So an interview that is a sales pitch, quality interview. Didn't even stay. Once I heard it was 100% commissioned I walked out. And you get paid at the end of the month, so good luck making one paycheck last an entire month.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was invited to come to the office in Chicago. I was then sat in a room with several other people. Someone from the company came and talked to us about the position. Even though all of us interviewing were led to believe it was a marketing position, they essentially were looking for sales people to sell their product to businesses. The position listed online included no mention of this, and I think we all felt a little blind sided. They didn't ask us any questions, just explained what the role actually was. Whole process took maybe 20 minutes. If you're looking for a 100% commission based sales role, this might be for you. If not, steer clear.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Independence, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email to interview for Benefits Specialist and District Coordinator positions. They made it sound like it would be a one on one interview with a manager for these positions but when I arrived it was a group interview for a contractor/selling position (100% commission based). Did not meet with the person I was told I would meet with, was not asked any questions or given any opportunity to talk. Was told about the sales position and when one of the group asked why we were being told about this instead of the benefits specialist/district coordinator position the Aflac employee gave a vague excuse. It was a waste of time and extremely misleading. In the email I was not told anything about a group interview or about a sales position job. After the 'interview' we were told we would be contacted via phone if we had made it to the 'next step'. Also witnessed the recruiter writing on the back of someone's resume to explain the commission percentages like it was scrap paper, very disrespectful. Avoid!

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

The interview started with a career briefing from our Regional Sales Coordinator. Informational meeting about Aflac. They will then bring you in for a second interview which is more formal.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Riverside, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Claimed to have found my resume and contacted me to schedule an interview. Quickly found out this wasn't an interview, more of a group sales pitch. Do not bother if you receive a similar interview.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I am only writing this review as I wish something similar would have been posted when I applied for the "Marketing Representative" position. Basically, any position at Aflac is sales - maybe some people would say this is a given but I did not know that and certainly wasted time and money "interviewing" today. I say "interviewing" because you will be put into a room of about 15 people and someone will pitch why it is so great to work at Aflac. The job is 100% commission based and unpaid training spans several weeks long. If you are an excellent salesperson then yes, this would be a great opportunity for you. However, the lack of transparency about the job position really put me off for ever working with Aflac or recommending it to anyone I know. If it's a sales jobs, say sales...marketing and sales are different.