Aflac IT Doesn't Matter - the Only Job They Hire for IS Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

IT Doesn't Matter - the Only Job They Hire for IS Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Baltimore, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Got a call after posting my resume on Career Builder. I was very emphatic that I was NOT interested in being an agent, was assured there were other "support positions" available. Received an email with the date, time and location of the "interview" - made it sound like a 1:1 interview, advised to dress professionally, bring a hard copy of resume, read up on the history of the company, was going to meet the regional manager. I spent 2 days getting ready for this interview - only to show up and there were at least 50 other people there. The regional manager, a wannabe stand up comedian, who was an expert in not answering questions, put on his dog and pony show. We were then advised that the next step was a training session the next day at another location. Showed up for that one, which then required that you put out $100 for training to take the State Insurance Examination, which costs another $70. At which point I questioned the regional manager about the support position I was told was available. He told me he didn't know anything about it. I left.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get that far. I doubt there are any real interview questions as it is a commission only employer and they have nothing to lose. They pick your life apart getting "warm" leads. Then I guess you just burn out.   Answer Question

I felt like I was set up. They will hire anyone who can pass the insurance test and get their license. I think the support position I was told about doesn't exist, and they rely on the dog and pony shows to bait and switch you to a sales position.