Aflac Summer Internship, Sales Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Summer Internship, Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hazlet, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Hazlet, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Was contacted from my Monster account. I was asked to come to a career interest meeting with the district manager. He gave a presentation about the work environment, how the commissions work, and the type of employees they are looking for. There was a form to fill out that asked basic interview-type questions: What are your four best skills you will bring to the company, what do you look for in a new career... Then there was a request for a second one on one interview. After the one on one interview, I was given the summer internship position. It is paid, but commission based. It's cold calling, but a decent commission on every appointment booked.

Interview Questions

• What prior knowledge do you have about the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were three options. This position is for a student, so they offered to work out a "for credit" situation (which I was uninterested in), and then two paid situations. One way was to get an insurance license and shadow actual sales meetings and earn commission. However, since it is a summer position, you may not make any money until at least a month. The other option was to earn commission every appointment booked. About $50-75 an appointment.