Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

1.8

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Denver, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

you have to be selected and open to be motivated also coming 1x per week to hear how others are making money and you aren't. force you to come to such a stupid event to socialize.meanwhile they don't pay you any base salary its a 1099 and you have to buy your own stuff. no one wants to have you sign their employees or waste their time. Its clear why they have so much money because they spend it on the duck and advertising and not on the people that are selling for them its bs.

Interview Questions

• are you republican or democrat?
      do you have a network of people to sell to
      1 Answer

Sales Associatees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Waltham, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

This company call me for an interview, I drove two hours to get there, than the person who is responsible got in a room with all other candidates and talks about how good is the company for 40 minutes and send everyone home without mention hours, compensation etc. No questions asked!!
    The recruiter followed up on the next day by email offering you to register to a class of:
     "15 hours of home studying) and exam.”
    How can you say yes to this if you don’t even know what exactly they are offering?
    No wonder why most people don’t know the type of product they offer. They are not specif about anything.

Interview Questions

• Bad Presentation of the company with not enough information to make a decision   Answer Question

Not enough information to make a decision.

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Torrance, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I arrived and was placed in a conference room with 2 other candidates. Although they asked me to come in for an interview, it felt more like an information session about their branch. The meeting was not as professional as I had anticipated and had a very laissez-faire atmosphere. Essentially, they were looking to hire sales associates and were not looking to develop their human resources department.

Interview Questions

• The only question asked was, "Tell me what you're currently studying and 3 interesting things about yourself."   1 Answer

I was offered another interview but I respectfully declined. I felt that their human resources internship program was similar to administrative work (e.g. picking up the phone and answering emails).

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Murray, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager was very disinterested. Interview took maybe 8 minutes before it was over. Hiring manager felt like the interview was a waste of his time from his handshake to him letting you out the door.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Rockville, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied it through school website and was approach through email. I had personal interview in one of the branch in Maryland. I had the interview with HR manager and the content was behavior questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Culver City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call,
    Scheduled Interview
    Attended group interview/presentation - We filled out a sheet of paper with questions regarding AFLAC known competitiors and if we were familiar with their main products such as interim unemployment insurance; payout ~$3,000 - $8,000 over 3 months.
    1:1 Interview - Room was small, I am 5'10 200 lbs. Lasted < 5 min. I did not get to explain my full background

Interview Questions

• Does this seem like a good fit for you ?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitestone, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Whitestone, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I emailed Jason Denivo my resume, very professional individual by the way.
    I was set up with an appointment, first interview is to explain the company.
    If you're still interested a second interview will be set-up.
    Second interview is about you, if you land the job they set you up with training.
    Jason Denivo from the Whitestone, Queens Regional Office was very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• What is the thing that you fear most that would hold back your productivity at AFLAC?   Answer Question

Market Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter within a week. The call was very pleasant and easy - would not classify it as a phone interview. I wasn't asked any interview-type questions. The purpose of the call was just to set up my in-person interview.

I was told in advance that I would meet with one person in the office, and that two additional interviewers would dial in. That's awkward, but at least I knew about it. It turns out that there was one additional interviewer present in the room, so I was technically in front of four people at once. And, instead of the two people just dialing in via speaker phone, it was visual too - extremely uncomfortable!! I really do best when it's a 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 interview, so I know this definitely worked against me, even though everyone was very nice.

It was a relatively tough interview, and I was asked several questions I wasn't prepared for that definitely threw me off my game further. We discussed the timeline for hiring and getting someone started, but I kind of left that part with more questions than I'd come in with. A couple things were said that I just wasn't following. The interview was a one-hour block, and the end felt like we really ran out of time and had to cut it a bit short because the next candidate was waiting.

I know it wasn't my best interview ever, just "okay", so I'm not surprised that I didn't go any further in the process. (Well, like two or three weeks later, I got a generic "We selected another candidate" email, which was really nice that they did that, but by that point I already knew I wasn't going to hear back.)

Honestly, it's probably for the best anyways. I didn't feel that I was the perfect fit, nor did I feel this job was the perfect fit for me. Best wishes to the person who got it!

Interview Questions

• If I'm a headhunter, and you're hiring me to find you the perfect job, what five things would you specify as requirements?   Answer Question

Divisional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a great experience! It was a phone interview then an in person interview over a 2 month period. I felt engaged with my interviewers, and like they were engaged with me. The questions dealt with my positions. The company wanted me there as much as I wanted to be there. It's a great company.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Columbus, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

up to 5 panels sometimes. There were 1st and 2nd interviews. The candidate would be called upon to complete an assessment test sometimes and if you passed, you would have a face to face interview.