Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,021 Interview Reviews

1.8

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was invited to come to the office in Chicago. I was then sat in a room with several other people. Someone from the company came and talked to us about the position. Even though all of us interviewing were led to believe it was a marketing position, they essentially were looking for sales people to sell their product to businesses. The position listed online included no mention of this, and I think we all felt a little blind sided. They didn't ask us any questions, just explained what the role actually was. Whole process took maybe 20 minutes. If you're looking for a 100% commission based sales role, this might be for you. If not, steer clear.

Independent Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Texarkana, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Two separate interviews told to filter through best candidates. They make the group smaller then choose a few people to continue through the process. They tell you how it works, how pay works, and why they do it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Melbourne, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Met at a convenient golf course restaurant. Discussed the company's particular marketing methods, stature in the insurance industry, types of accounts to be covered, compensation, lead generation, office support as well as my particular career expectations and qualifications which exceeded the position's potential.

Interview Questions

• Did I have the motivation to call on customers on a non-exclusive basis   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Southfield, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy, quick, and very straightforward. The interviewer wasn't intimidating, but rather easygoing. He gave us more information than I was expecting in an interview. Overall a good interview experience unlike any I've had before.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Riverside, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Claimed to have found my resume and contacted me to schedule an interview. Quickly found out this wasn't an interview, more of a group sales pitch. Do not bother if you receive a similar interview.

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

The interview started with a career briefing from our Regional Sales Coordinator. Informational meeting about Aflac. They will then bring you in for a second interview which is more formal.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I am only writing this review as I wish something similar would have been posted when I applied for the "Marketing Representative" position. Basically, any position at Aflac is sales - maybe some people would say this is a given but I did not know that and certainly wasted time and money "interviewing" today. I say "interviewing" because you will be put into a room of about 15 people and someone will pitch why it is so great to work at Aflac. The job is 100% commission based and unpaid training spans several weeks long. If you are an excellent salesperson then yes, this would be a great opportunity for you. However, the lack of transparency about the job position really put me off for ever working with Aflac or recommending it to anyone I know. If it's a sales jobs, say sales...marketing and sales are different.

Aflac Overview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aflac (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

This email is to confirm your overview meeting. Your visit with us will begin with you signing in. The coordinator will then speak to you about the compensation, training, as well as the description of this position in a group setting. After going over the position, the coordinator will speak to you one on one for the interview part. Be prepared for this process to take approximately 1 hour. Please be advised that our dress code is business professional and that you will need to bring a hardcopy of your resume. The only position offered is Sales. There is no Benefits Consultant position which actually exists within this company, only sales. A consultant compensation is not based upon commission, agents' are. Aflac should be more honest and call the position they advertise on job boards (Benefits Specialist, Benefits Consultant) as the sales agent it actually is.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions and questions about past experiences. It was a two step inteview process with an individual the first time and then a group the second time. I got the offer after the second interview.

Regional Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Danbury, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was a little blown away. Invited for an interview and there was a room full of people upon arrival receiving a sales presentation, it was not an interview at all. The more I asked for a job description beforehand the more I did not receive one. It ended up being a sales presentation to try recruit sales people to sell and earn commissions only. Which is fine if it was commununicated before hand and was not presented or made to be an interview which it actually was not