Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017
1,064 Interview Reviews

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aflac (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I received an email from the Regional Benefits Consultant and was asked if I wanted to set up an interview. The woman found my resume on ZipRecruiter. I accepted the interview, and there were two other people there with me. The three of us met with the Regional Manager (not the initial person who emailed me) and discussed the following: history of the company, what the company entails, compensation, career advancement, day-to-day responsibilities of a sales associate, etc. My meeting was very informative, cut, and dry. You are only paid commission, which is a downfall. Your manager pays for your online licensure training, but not for your state exam. The Regional Manager gave us a piece of paper with examples of how much you can earn in your first three years with Aflac. You have unlimited amount of potential to make as much money as you want. He showed us the bonus structures for the first two years as well. The meeting lasted approximately 45 minutes. At the end of the meeting, he gave us back the questionnaires that we filled out prior to the interview and we had to answer two questions: 1.) Are you still interested in this position? 2.) If so, what attracts you to this position? I thought that the interview process was well-organized and executed neatly. That initial meeting with multiple interviewees will only weed out the ones who are not interested/not a good fit for the company. It is a good strategy on Aflac's end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Where do you currently work? Why did you leave your last place of employment?   Answer Question
    • Are you still interested in this position? If so, what attracts you most about this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

Two stage process. The first stage was a group session essentially informing of the job and company, having a personality questionnaire, and discussing with the manager and other prospective applicants.

The second stage was essentially a one on one interview, with a senior level executive sitting there, informing of the payment and benefits options. This sounded all nice and ideal, but it was all in a vacuum with no substance. Pie in the sky sounds good.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The AFLAC interview process is equal parts group sales pitch, corporate overview, and candidate assessment. There were about 12 candidates in my initial interview group. We were given short individual interviews as well. Overall, a process that serves the corporate need for candidates to fill entry level sales positions.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in entering our training program?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL).

Interview

a short phone interview and then they bring you in for an in person interview. very basic phone interview. ask if you have insurance license of if you would be willing to get one. in person interview isn't really that much. they explain that it is commission only and ask if that is OK with you.

Interview Questions

• do you have a fear of rejection   1 Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

they were quick to answer my application, and I set up an interview but didn't go on the interview because it's actually a commission-only job. I didn't know that until the day before because they didn't advertise it.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was an informative interview in the office. They tell you about their compensation and commission packages. All the questions are behavioral questions, so nothing is technical. They do a follow up interview that basically asks you a couple more simple questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwin, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Irwin, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Put my resume on Monster.com and promptly received an invitation for an interview in Irwin, Pa. The interview was around 45 mins long, very informative. Went over compensation, average day, work structure, benefits, growth potential, long term feasibility.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a great interview process. Group of 5 of us. I was called back for a second interview if they are serious about you. Talked about why we know and what the company does.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Aflac?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Anchorage, AK) in July 2017.

Interview

The first interview was more of a presentation. The District sales manager explained what my part in the company would be. The process of speaking with local business owners and discussing insurance benefits. Then went into detail about all the great benefits there are to working for the company. Large commissions, bonuses, potential to win trips and so on. Do not be fooled, this job is not for the faint of heart. And understand this is Commission only! You need to be confident that you can sell to people, feel comfortable presenting and know your stuff. If your aren't already licensed you'll need to take the exam AND pay for licensing. On your own dime. This is not a get rich quick dream opportunity. But if you put in the hard work, hours, and a small bit out of your own wallet, you can build your dream and within reasonable time

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aflac (Boise, ID) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was general why should we hire you, background and qualifications for job. Second interview was a powerpoint presentation describing the day to day duties, about the company, salary, and certifications needed to sell insurance.