Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,035 Interview Reviews

1.8

Regional Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Danbury, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was a little blown away. Invited for an interview and there was a room full of people upon arrival receiving a sales presentation, it was not an interview at all. The more I asked for a job description beforehand the more I did not receive one. It ended up being a sales presentation to try recruit sales people to sell and earn commissions only. Which is fine if it was commununicated before hand and was not presented or made to be an interview which it actually was not

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aflac (Sherman Oaks, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a really simple and straightforward sit down where he told me about the process and getting a license to sell insurance. He mentioned multiple times that the job is entirely about getting out there and actually selling the product otherwise since it's entirely commission based it's not a good fit.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Wilmington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a 1st interview where I was able to not only give me a great overview to the career ahead but what that Region stood for and the culture they had in Wilmington, NC. I was called within 24 for a one on one interview and gladly excepted the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Group Interview. Didn't ask any questions about the candidates but was more of a lecture on the company. After the group interview they schedule a one on one, either in person or by phone. They seemed very flexible however the position I apply for was 100% commission.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Mainly about the company and then a short one on one interview.It takes a day for another hiring manager to call and then sign you up for training.You have to prepare yourself for cold calling,no leads.

Interview Questions

• What I think about the presentation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac (Boardman, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

My resume was found online and I was contacted via email to set up an interview. When I showed up to the interview I was led to a room to fill out an application. Within minutes two more people showed up, and then another two. After there were five of us in the room we were informed that the man we were interviewing with was going to present to the entire group before doing individual interviews. I asked the other four people in the room if they had been told that it was a group thing, and none of us had been told. When the man finally came into the room he proceeded to talk for nearly an hour about why we should want to work there. After this hour he stood up, said he had a meeting to go to, but then said if we have any questions we can ask him. I asked a few before he said that he needed to be on his way. I did not appreciate not being told that it was only an informal group session. None of us were asked a single question about ourselves besides if we had ever had aflac insurance. I was called back the next week to set up what i would imagine would be the actual one-on-one but I declined. The man did a very good job at selling the job, I can see how you can make a very good salary, but the group thing deterred me. If I am taking my time to already show up for an interview, there is some part of me that is interested in the job, why waste my time by trying to sell the job to me? It felt more like he was explaining why the company was worth us working for it than us explaining why we were worth getting the job.

Interview Questions

• What percent of companies have Aflac?   1 Answer

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

It was a half hour phone interview in which he asked me why I wanted to work for Aflac and then explained the internship to me. It is all commission based, which I simply couldn't do, so I declined the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Independence, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The "interview" really wasn't an interview at all. The man I was supposed to meet with was not available and rather than this being a one-on-one interview, it was a group session. There were five other candidates in the room with me and although the recruitment email I received mentioned two job possibilities, the representative mostly talked about starting your own Aflac business which is commission only. This was not at all what they led me to believe when they contacted me.

Interview Questions

• There were none. It wasn't even a real interview.   1 Answer

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac in April 2017.

Interview

It took about one and half hours to listen to the information about the company. You don't even have to say something about yourself. But it's a group interview which surprises me.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Boise, ID) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted for a 10-15 phone interview and then came into the office for a 30-45 minute in person interview. Both interactions were very friendly and conversational.