Aflac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

I received an email stating my resume was found on Career Builders and AFLAC wanted to speak to me about a position at AFLAC. I made an appointment and dressed appropriately and when I got to the dingy office they were located in I discovered it was a Sales Associate position. The issue here is that I am an IT executive and I believed that this was an interview for a position within the AFLAC IT department. The email sent to me said nothing about a sales position. This in my opinion is a very dishonest recruitment technique and they should be ashamed of themselves.

DON 'T FALL FOR THIS! As far as I am concerned AFLAC owes me for both my time and gas to get to the location. My gut told me this was not right when I found out the location was in not such a great location in Atlanta.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Braintree, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview which includes 3-4 candidates. They briefly introduced the company's mission and the job requirements also the salary and promotion information. Then they asked me several basic questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Silver Spring, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked me a few hypothetical questions, medium level difficulty. After that, asked about a bunch of personal attributes and how I fit the role. Then the interviewer went on about how the company worked and how they made money.

Interview Questions

• Tell me in 30 seconds, why should I hire you and not someone else?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac in October 2016.

Interview

Straightforward, you wouldn't actually be employed for Aflac but you would be an independent agent selling their products. No benefits, you would have to have your own insurance etc. 100% commission based so can be stressful.

I think they basically allow anyone who is personable to start their career at Aflac.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Newport News, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The 1st interview is NOT an interview at all. There were four candidates in an information session, describing the company history/background, insurance provided to it's customers and a broad brush compensation plan.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about Aflac?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 2 stage process. The first stage was a group info session with other applicants for the job.The second stage was an individual interview. The first stage was quite relaxed and the interviewee was mostly the one talking and giving information about the company, products and services they offer as well as compensations and income. The second stage was a one on one interview process with the interview trying to know more about you and why you applied for the job.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why did you show interest in the position?
      2) What experience qualifies you?
      3) Do you have any questions ?
      1 Answer

Call Center Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aflac in October 2016.

Interview

I met with the local HR manager for the first interview. That process was professional and went for over an hour on the phone. A few weeks later I met with a panel of management and non-management employees that was part of the staff that would have reported to me if hired. I was not given the opportunity to meet with the hiring manager to sell my abilities. There was little communication with me along the way and it took almost 3 months from start to finish to tell me that I was not moving on to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you were asked to do something unethical. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Saginaw, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Very informal, Interviewer kept talking to their employees during the interview, No interest in asking interview questions just reading information from an Aflac brochure. Told me in the interview that I'd be selling insurance based on commission, no hourly pay. Then told me that he would say I performed experience towards my future career and fill out any paperwork required by my university for my major. Basically, he told me during the career fair that I'd have an interview for an internship for my major. After driving an hour to his office I had to sit through the most unprofessional interview I've ever had to find out that this "internship" wasn't an internship.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aflac (Newark, DE).

Interview

Two step interview, the first was in a group setting, the second was a 1 on 1. I didn't like the first interview, felt like I was being herded. There are a lot of numbers thrown around and not really too much discussion about your role at the company. As an independent employee there was a lot of tax information that was withheld.

Sales Interview

Interview

They introduced their team and how does every day looks like. It was about 30 minutes and questions are easy. They gave me a file to read at home and said to send me materials. However, they didn't send.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience?   1 Answer