Aflac Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aflac Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.5

Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac.

Interview

They contact you and you think you are there for an interview and ask you to dress in business professional attire. Among walking in, you find out it is a group of people and purely informational and apologize to you for letting us think it was an interview. Once there you learn about how they work for an hour of your time, only to find out there is no base pay, and you only receive income based upon what you sell. You have to pay for a license and background check, before you ever can start. As the info session ends they ask you to leave a basic questionnaire and on yourself and your resume to set up a second interview. Maybe great as a second job on the side, but not career potential without base of pay.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

The interview started with a career briefing from our Regional Sales Coordinator. Informational meeting about Aflac. They will then bring you in for a second interview which is more formal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Mesa, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I attended the interview on campus. It was not very long, only 40 mins. The interviewer talked a lot of medical and life insurance staff and introduced their products. We had some discussion based on that. Others were pretty common questions from your resume and cover letter. Like tell me about yourself. When are you gonna graduate. And Japan is their another big market, they want some asians who knows eastern culture well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self.
      Give me an example how the culture is different between eastern and western countries
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Van Nuys, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview is a group interview with as many people as they can get to come in. It consists of one their managers telling how they made six figures in a year and have no worries and how inspiring a career with Aflac can be. You also watch Aflac commercials and testimonials from other Aflac agents. The manager would not talk about salary or leads or how anyone would find business. At the end of the interview(if you can call it that...it's more of a presentation), the entire is asked if they would like to schedule an interview, which I did, however after I got home, I decided to do a little investigation and found that Aflac does not give you leads or salary and you're pretty much on your own

Interview Questions

• The only questions we were asked was 1) What do business care about and 2) Where is Aflac located.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Braintree, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first step was a group interview including 3 people. Mostly, the manager told about the information of Aflac, and how he earned money from the company. Also, he explained the commision rate and gave you a picture of how you will get in the future. It is a commision based job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aflac (Braintree, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager hold a meeting and about 10 people attend at that time. He spend most of time to indroduce the comapny and the advantage of the insurence product. Basicly there is no substansive access to the candidate, the whole process was about 1 hour. The manager said he will call everyone and discuss some details in second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by Aflac without applying for any specific role there myself and after telling them several times that I was in no way interested in any kinds of sales jobs, I was reaffirmed that this would be a communication position.

Knowing that Aflac sells insurances, I was wary but thought I'd give it a go anyway. The first interview went really well and nothing was mentioned about any kind of sales activities whatsoever. Instead, I was told that I would act as an intermediary between the client and the sales side, thus using my communication and negotiation skills.

Maybe I was too daft to realize what they really wanted of me but I came back for the second interview in which I was finally told about their compensation structure which is entirely commission based, something that I am trying to avoid by any means as I am not interested in sales at all. I also learned what the position was really about: selling their insurances in the greater Chicago area by ways of either traveling on my own dime or driving with my own car (no monetary compensation was mentioned at all for any incurring travel costs). In other words: I would be 'living the American dream,' working on my own time and schedule, not being directly hired by them but rather work as an independent contractor (meaning no health insurance, paid vacation, 401k or any other benefits that come with 'normal' jobs!), free to do what I want as long as I would meet the company goals of selling so and so many insurances each week. Thanks, but no thanks.

As a communication major who just finished her Masters, I really needed such a 'great' opportunity.

In other words, the whole thing is a major scam! I never once received a detailed job description (though I asked for one before my first interview), nor did the person who contacted me under false pretense let on that this would be a sales position. As I said, I had stated clearly that I was in no way interested in any kind of sales position, whatsoever!
    Of course one could now say that selling includes great command of one's communication abilities, but that is absolutely not what I wanted or what I studied!!!

It would be great if they would stop scheming and luring people to their office for an interview that turns out to be a scam and having absolutely nothing to do with what you are actually looking for!

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

great presentation, thought it one of the best I have ever had. Was surprised at how many people were there but like everyone who was there as well. Learned a lot and no B.S., very straight forward. Gave nice reading materials for you to research and like the staff, which was very friendly also.

Interview Questions

• tell you about yourself, why you are in sales and your history in sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in for the first interview which was actually only a group presentation and I was then asked to come back the next day for a follow up. I sat in an empty room while the hiring manager gave the same presentation as the one I had yesterday in the room next to me. After waiting for him to finish up we commenced with the interview where I was asked about three questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good at this job? Do you have a problem working 40 hours a week? Do you have a problem with commission based jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Birmingham, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

There was no interview, in fact it was a 30 minute informational meeting. I was informed that this was an interview with a group of two people, but actually it was a meeting. Just know before you attend the first interview with this company its actually a meeting. The presentation was informative, but again this was not what was expected or conveyed to me.