Aflac Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

1.7

165 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process with the regional manager was very casual. He made it clear that he would like to have me on board and that there were several conditions...Aflac is a commission only program and he urged me not to proceed if I needed money right away. I also had to attend a week long insurance school, take and pass two (health and life) grueling tests and pay about $1,000 total to accomplish all this and get my license.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I thought I could transition well from being a salaried employee of 19 years to a 1099 self-employed independent agent.   1 Answer
  • He questioned whether or not I would be able to take insurance instruction, train and work around my ongoing chemo treatments.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aflac pays stong commissions so there really is no room to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Aflac

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

I recieved a phone call to schedule my interview. I had applied on Careerbuilder.com. When I arrived, I met the district manager, but I was soon to be joined by two other people. They asked you to fill out a questionairre about what kind of career you would like to have. From there, we got a presentation about AFLAC which lasted about an hour and a half. At the end, he asked how interested you would be in joining the company. He also gave us some web pages to check out. The next day, I recieved a phone call for a second interview. The interview really wasn't an interview. I thought they would be doing a reverse interview; one to see if you asked the right questions and did your homework on the company. Basically, he wanted to know when I could begin. The only fall back is that you have to pay to get your lisense and attend school. Its understandable I guess, cause you need a liscense to sell insurance, but why couldn't they pay for it? Besides paying for your liscense, once obtained, they send you to AFLAC University and everything else is paid for. Then they throw you out there in the field. I guess anything is worthy a try when your unemployed. Wish me luck.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any.. all commission

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in May 2007.

Interview

The interviewer was nice and very honest. He was a Sales Manager, and told it like it was. Recruiters will often sway you with your potential income, but there is no starting salary. Everything you make is off of commission. At the same time, they tell you the truth about all the cold calling you're going to have to do. Cold calling is not for everyone, but if you feel like you can stick through it, this is the job for you. They hire people who are outgoing, have good verbal communication skills, and are fast learners. That is all they really look for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. All sales rep make zero starting salary, but your commission carries through the next year as a "salary", if your clients stick with their premiums.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aflac (Novi, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

I had to sit in a room with 8 other candidates. I assume we were all evaluated based on how outgoing we were. They also wanted you to email them a thank you letter for the interview opportunity afterwards. (but they don't tell you that in the interview.)

Interview Questions

• What if any situation were you in which consisted of you talking infront of a croud.   Answer Question
    • Name one thing besides the duck that you know about Aflac.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2007.

Interview

Standard interiew was recommended for interview by regional manager. The hiring process at AFLAC is pretty much a foregone process. If you are willing to apply yourself and are presentable, you will be hired. The organisation is based on networking. The goal is establish as many associates under your umbrella as possible, thereby ensuring yourself a portion of each associate's commission. Not a difficult hire.

Interview Questions

• What are you areas of weakness professionally.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you show a willingness to be available to apply yourself, you're hired. This is a commission based job, so there is no real negotiating. You make what you generate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aflac in October 2009.

Interview

The round one interview was the regional sales coordinator giving a presentation on the products and on the job itself to a group of 10 or so prospective agents. He then answered questions, and based on our resumes and how we interacted with each other and spoke during that process, he either did or did not give us a call for a second interview. Second interview is one on one, with specific questions - not the behavioral "Tell me about a time when..." type.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, since pay is commission only.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Chicago, IL) in November 2009.

Interview

I was recruited on line after posting my resume on Career Builders. I then called and was given a time for my first interview, which turned our to be a group affair. I then scheduled a one on one. I made it through that well and then waas sent up in the computer. Also given licensing and testing information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call after my resume was posted on CareerBuilder.com. We set up a time to meet with the area manager. He and I spoke for thirty minutes for an initial interview to see if either of us would like to continue to a more detailed discussion on another day. We both agreed to pursue further. The next interview was for two hours where he described the training, pay structure, bonuses, residual, etc.
    The companies products, employees and atmosphere was very positive and encouraging. If there was a base pay, I would have accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you would succeed in this industry?   1 Answer

I declined the opportunity because I was not in a position to afford a commission only career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aflac (Bellevue, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was at a job fair and approached their booth. We spoke briefly and I left my resume. I got a call a few days later for an in-person interview. My interest was lost at the point when I discovered it would be 100% commission. Seemed like nice people though. I just didn't want to get into a new field under such payment arrangements.

Interview Questions

• What in your background leads you to be confident that you can be successful in this industry?   Answer Question

The uncontrolled nature of pitting sales against other people under a commision-based structure was not for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aflac in February 2010.

Interview

Became aware of the company through a career fair. Went on the first interview which was a group information interview. They called back a couple days later and set up the second interview. The second interview went well and they offered me a job. The thing was that I didn't do or say anything spectacular in the interview to earn the position. They didn't ask about any experience I had. I told them what I knew about the company, I asked some questions and they said they wanted me to work for them. I was surprised when they told me there was no base salary. I started reading reviews and things sounded the same as what I heard in the interview. It's extremely tough, but if you're driven you can succeed. It's a numbers game, long hours to be successful, and the first three months you won't make money. Discouraging to hear for a recent graduate. I haven't given them an answer yet and I'm not sure what to do. I think I might continue my job search.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any hard questions. I was only asked two questions.   Answer Question